Friday, March 23, 2007
She has a name!!!
March 13th was our two year anniversary of being called to this awesome adoption journey!
It was also the day that we hoped to finalize our new daughter's name.
Some families easily name their adopted and biological children before delivery, or in this case before referral. We did this with our precious Ainsley Kathryn. When I was five months pregnant we fell in love with what would be her name. However, this time around after spreadsheets of names, we decided to wait until we knew who she was. We had hoped her Chinese name would inspire her American name. Well, that is exactly what happened.
On referral day, we found out her name was Yue Meng Ru. Immediately I fell in love with her middle name Ru! In fact we are guessing that she is called Ru or Meng Ru, or Ru Ru today.
During our wait, I had followed families with daughters nick named Lu Lu, Chu Chu, Li Li, etc.. I loved how cute they all were! So, God gives us Ru! and I am overjoyed and then obsessed with incorporating Ru somehow. A good friend of mine reminds me that Ruby is the birthstone for July. That was all it took for me, and I was in love with the name Ruby. Next while Jeff was out of town, I started looking at middle names to go with Ruby. I came upon Mei which means "Beautiful" in Chinese! It seemed so simple to me, she had to be Ruby Mei! Well, since I was one of three votes in our family, I had to get the rest of the crew on board. Ru's Daddy needed more to go on. He wanted to see Ru's translated biography before we made any decisions.
So, on Tuesday, March 13th we recieved Ru's bio. And there it was in black and white!! Someone very important in Ru's life had the name of Mei! God had answered our prayers again and He gave us her name!!!! What else could it be but....
It was also the day that we hoped to finalize our new daughter's name.
Some families easily name their adopted and biological children before delivery, or in this case before referral. We did this with our precious Ainsley Kathryn. When I was five months pregnant we fell in love with what would be her name. However, this time around after spreadsheets of names, we decided to wait until we knew who she was. We had hoped her Chinese name would inspire her American name. Well, that is exactly what happened.
On referral day, we found out her name was Yue Meng Ru. Immediately I fell in love with her middle name Ru! In fact we are guessing that she is called Ru or Meng Ru, or Ru Ru today.
During our wait, I had followed families with daughters nick named Lu Lu, Chu Chu, Li Li, etc.. I loved how cute they all were! So, God gives us Ru! and I am overjoyed and then obsessed with incorporating Ru somehow. A good friend of mine reminds me that Ruby is the birthstone for July. That was all it took for me, and I was in love with the name Ruby. Next while Jeff was out of town, I started looking at middle names to go with Ruby. I came upon Mei which means "Beautiful" in Chinese! It seemed so simple to me, she had to be Ruby Mei! Well, since I was one of three votes in our family, I had to get the rest of the crew on board. Ru's Daddy needed more to go on. He wanted to see Ru's translated biography before we made any decisions.
So, on Tuesday, March 13th we recieved Ru's bio. And there it was in black and white!! Someone very important in Ru's life had the name of Mei! God had answered our prayers again and He gave us her name!!!! What else could it be but....
RUBY MEI
Ruby = Precious Stone or Gem
Mei = Beautiful
We can't wait to bring our beautiful precious gem home!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-

0 comments: