Thursday, April 26, 2007
A special 43rd Red Thread!!
Two years ago I told the infertility clinic IF I got my period by 4-24-05 , my 41st birthday, my ovaries were going into retirement! Well the joke was on me when I got my period that very day! Whoever does not believe that God has a sense of humor does not know God! I remember feeling almost relieved so I could wholeheartedly pursue my hearts desire, adoption from China!
I guess I knew from the day God called Jeff to China, that the story would end this way for our family anyway. Not sure why we bothered with the shots, the drama, etc.... Really, it was the best birthday present ever!!
Fast forward two years, to this past Tuesday, 4-24-07... The day started out perfectly. At 5:30am precious Ainsley woke me up, whispering "Happy Birthday Mama.. I love you!" Then 4 hours later my wonderful BSF group gave me a surprise shower, and birthday cake.. And, less than 8 hours later I am sitting in Jeff's office on a 2 hour conference call with America World's Travel Group #124, getting de-briefed on what we need to know before we arrive in China! Red thread? I would say so! So, to stay with the red theme, my lovely family presented me with my very own (or should I say Ruby's very own) "Ruby Red Bumble Ride Stroller" for my birthday present! Love it!!!!
I got to close my perfect birthday day with dinner with the entire Edwards Family, Jeff & Ainsley. My favorite memory besides the "Ruby Red Bumbleride" will be my precious tenors (Dad and Mark) serenading me with their beautiful Happy Birthday song! A priceless gift!
And the photo attached here, was taken by our budding photographer, Ainsley Kathryn!
So, Chapter 43, is really another beginning for me. A beautiful baby girl is waiting for her Mama
to bring her home! I may look 50 shortly, but for now I feel like I am 23! I am so excited to be a Mama again! Five more full days to pull it all together! Can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-

0 comments: