Friday, December 7, 2007
"Aya"

Last night we witnessed the bond between Ainsley & Ruby like never before. We took Ruby to Ainsley's Christmas Musical at school. I was confident she would make it through the performance because she loves music. 'Her Rubiness' did not disappoint! Sure, there was a bit of a goldfish diversion, but for the most part she sat attentively, bounced up and down, and clapped on cue!
But, the most magical & precious moment of all, was when Ruby saw Ainsley on stage. She started screaming, "Aya, Aya, Aya!", waving her hands, and smiling like crazy! Then, in an instant, she almost did a dis-mount over the chair in front of me to get to the stage. There was no doubt in anyone's mind in our section, who Ruby's big sister was! It was the most special moment I have seen between these two sisters, and there have been many!
Up until this point, we have never heard Ruby call Ainsley anything. She points when we say, "where's Ainsley?" or she will go to her room looking for her, etc. but she has never attempted to say her name. After the concert, we kept saying "where's Aya," and she would get a big smile on her face, and point to Ainsley!" My guess is she will be big sister Aya from now, until eternity!
I am still smiling when I think about how Ruby's adoption continues to be such a precious gift to our family. Last night a very exhausted "Aya" went to bed with a big smile on her face because her little sister knows her name! PRECIOUS!!
Happy Weekend! ~Diana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
So Long September~1 week ago
-
Our Wedding Rehearsal1 month ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living10 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"12 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-

8 comments:
Ruby's adoption has been a blessing to our lives as well. Thanks for sharing!
Michelle
Di~
What a special, special story and moment in your family's history. I can't imagine what it will be like with two girls but you give me hope that it will be precious.
Love you lots,
Lisa
Oh my goodness Diana - this gave me chills. How very sweet. This is paramount!
Hannah calls Emily Mimi and we wonder if she will be Mimi forever - sisters, gotta love 'em!
Have a blessed weekend.
Heather
How special!!!! Thanks for sharing such a sweet moment between your girls. What little beauties!
Love,
Shauna
That is the cutest post ever!
There's nothing better than sisters!
My youngest started calling my oldest her name about a month ago, and let me tell you, I was shocked, shocked, shocked that she could pronounce it! Well, minus one letter, but who cares! Every day when we go pick to up her sister at school, and the bell rings, she starts madly pointing at the exit door yelling her sister's name! It's adorable to see, and I'm thrilled she loves her sister so much.
There's nothing better. Way to go Ruby!
Snick :)
Hi Diana,
Your girls are so precious!
Sisters are such a reminder of the gifts God gives us all year long...not only at Christmas!
Btw, I loved your post about Ruby and her gloves and socks. Our little Lily is exactly the same! If only we could figure out a way to hook their gloves to their socks...then we could make sure both their feet and hands stay warm!
Enjoy this beautiful time of year.
TJ
That is absolutely precious and priceless. I know it is a moment that you will never forget, nor will Aya!
: )