Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Her Rubiness goes "sledding!"




OK - "Sledding" may be a stretch, but she went down the slight incline in our driveway and loved it!!!! She seems to love the snow, and the cold wind blowing on her face. Now, I just have to work on the mittens! Just like sox, if Ruby can find a way to get them off, she will do it! Clearly this precious jewel from the south of China was born to be a northern girl like her Mama! You see, I am a mountain girl at heart living in the land of 10,000 lakes! I always tell Jeff if he came home tomorrow and told me we are moving to Colorado, I would say when do we leave? I love to ski, especially in the Rockies. There is just a feeling of freedom as you point the tips down the mountain. Especially on a freshly groomed trail when the sun is shining. Ainsley learned to ski in Snowmass when she was three. I will never forget how my eyes teared up the first time I got to ski down with her. I followed this vision of pink with bunny ears on her helmet! CUTE!!! Unfortunately, we have no plans to ski out west this year. Hopefully, in the next few years we will all be on a mountain watching 'Her Rubiness' ski down in those infamous pink bunny ears with her mittens on!
Blessings from snowy MSP!
Diana

14 comments:

Sister Kim said...

Hi, I read your blog everyday. I think you are such a neat family. The experiences and priveledges you are giving Ruby are great and the love she gives you in return is all worth it, right!

Anyhow...I decided to enter a comment today because of the mitten comment.

I have worked in the childcare field for about 10 years and I can understand. My nephews had these wonderful mittens years back that solved the mitten problem. i think they were from l.l. bean or lands end. they had nylon that extended from the wrists up to the elbows with elastic at the elbows. You would put them on before the coat and they would stay on... Kim

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I just want to eat her up she's so cute!!!

I am afraid Mr. Osborn will want to run away with you when he reads your love for the mountains. :o)

Enjoy all the lovely snow and hope it won't be long before your girl hits the slopes.

Love you,
Lisa

Dawn said...

Ruby looks so happy in the snow!! What a doll!

Kim said...

That has got to be the cutest snow bunny ever!!!.....just precious!

Karen said...

She is just too precious! Enjoy the snow, we are supposed to get some tonight...hopefully!

The Oswalds said...

So Cute!!! Wish our girls could go sledding together.

Love,
Shauna

Jodee said...

Ruby is just adorable in her snow clothes!

Kim said...

So cute Diana! It's finally cooling off here in FL. It was in the 80's last week. It just doesn't feel like Christmas when it's that warm. Enjoy the snow!
Kim and Katiebug

Heather said...

Oh the sock thing!~ We have quite the issue with this as well! But Ruby looks just perfect in the snow, "sledding". So cute...

Heather

AmyO said...

Olivia went out in the snow this weekend too. Love the hat Ruby has :)

Sheri said...

Ruby looks like she is loving the snow! As usual, her beautiful smile just lights up the whole computer screen. She is precious.

Ronnie and Becky said...

Thank you for your comment on China Hope. We are with CCAI and will get our call on Friday.

We followed your journey to China and loved it. Both your daughters are beautiful and seem so happy.

We prayed for your husband when he was sick.( read it on Jennifer's Place ) Glad he is better.

Your Blog is really cute..love the music!!

Becky

jennifer said...

We took the boys skiing in CO last year. It was the first time they had seen snow! They LOVE it. I hope we get back soon too.

3 Peanuts said...

Dave would also love to move to Colorado--he went to school there!

Ruby looks adorable in her snow gear. I need to get some for Kate too:)

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive