Thursday, December 20, 2007

Velvet and Christmas Plaid!













Monday I was at one of my favorite boutiques for children's clothes and I found matching dresses for Ainsley & Ruby Mei to wear Christmas Eve. Some of you may remember my post about Ainsley's vision of the perfect Christmas dress. Well I am happy to report she has given her blessing on this purchase! I wasn't planning to buy new dresses, but when I saw these I thought they would be so beautful together in them. I love black velvet! My guess is I have very few years (if any) after this Christmas that Ainsley will be excited to dress like twins with her little sister. So this year it is matching dresses and matching PJ's for the Pearl and the Ruby!


Today 'Her Rubiness' was in such a festive mood, I decided to try her dress on her before nap time. She was so excited about it, she twirled around and giggled with glee! PRICELESS MOMENT! I took the opportunity for a little Ruby photo shoot. What I love about these pictures is the way her personality shines through. So fun that at almost 17 months she has been blessed with a sense of humor! Ruby loved her dress so much, that when I went to take it off of her, she had a melt down. If it wasn't so pretty and if Christmas wasn't four days away, I would have let her sleep in it.....


I hope Ruby will let me dress her up in velvet and bows for many Christmas Eve's to come!


I am thankful for the memories we are creating on this Thankful Thursday!



Blessings, Diana

12 comments:

Keri said...

My Laura is 8 and Claire is 3 and Laura still likes to match! The have matching emerald green velvet dresses this year. You may have more time than you think! I hope so. I love little girls in matching clothes.

Keri
www.myadoptionwebsite.com/ourclaire

Kim said...

Your photos are incredible and looks as if her Rubiness was feeling very festive. I love all of her animated expressions. Too CUTE!! I love the dress, it is the perfect classic Christmas dress.

This is our 1st Christmas with our son as well. I hope your Christmas is filled with many wonderful memories!

Jodee said...

Adorable pictures! I can't wait to see the girls together. I always like my kids to match too!

Jenn said...

So, so, so, SO cute!! These pictures made me smile! :o)

Both of your girls have the BEST smiles! I come to your blog and it is so bright and cheery. I love it! Sweet Smiling Sisters! :o)

cougchick said...

Very Thankful indeed and oh so cute!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh Diana! I love these. Ruby is being a little ham! The second to last is my favorite. Kate also has an incredible sense of humor which is such a blessing in life.

Love the dress and Ruby is absolutely precious! I always say dress them alike for as long as you can. (My boys will still cooperateat 7 and 10). Merry Christmas my dear frined.

Kim

AmyO said...

Oh so precious! Have a Merry Christmas!

I need to find out how to put cool backgrounds like that on my blog :)

Snowflowers Mum said...

what a ham! her personality DOES shine through! I just wonder if we'll cross paths in Byerly's sometime? I'd know that smile ANYWHERE!

the dress is sweet...so festive for the snowy minnesota winter!

Hayley

Anonymous said...

Wow she looks precious in that dress!!! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!!

The Oswalds said...

What a little Christmas beauty. I can't wait to see both girls dressed alike! Merry Christmas, love you guys!

Shauna, Joel & Kylee

Heather said...

Love matchy matchy (that is, in fact what most of my family calls me, because it is a compulsion!) Actually, Hannah is going through the "throwing of the bow" stage and she asks for it and then proceeds to take it out and throw it! It is killing me.

If I can't match the actual dress, I at least try to match color schemes. Your girls are gorgeous. What a wonderful Christmas indeed!

Heather

Leslie said...

Just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. This will no doubt be a very special time for your family! So glad that Ruby is here with you this year and also that Jeff is healthy! Enjoy every minute!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive