A very special New Years card came today.....


Today we received a wonderful gift in the mail. The return address on this very special card reads, From: Yugan Social Welfare Institute of Jiangxi Province China. This is the SWI that was responsible for Ruby Mei for the first nine months of her life. They are the ones who chose loving Xi to be her Foster Mother until we could bring her home. These are the special people that brought Ruby to Nanchang for "Ruby Tuesday." These are the loving women who gave us a photo album and locket for Ruby that we will be able to share with our daughter one day. These are the caretakers that deliverd our care package to Ruby before we ever met her. These are the loving hands that take care of orphans everyday until they can be placed with their forever families.
This beautiful card reads: "Every time at the joyful festival we doubly miss our relatives and we hope the whole world can enjoy this time together. The faraway distance can't stop us from missing you and your family. Since the Christmas day is coming, let us send you a softly frangrant wish. May the melodious bell of Christmas Eve bring you and your family happiness and health, we also hope everything goes well for you. May the white snow of the Christmas Day send our best wishes to you.
Thanks for your unselfish offer to her! Merry Christmas!"
~The Staff of Social Welfare Org. in YuGan County
No words can justly express how much I appreciate this gift for our family today! Ironically, I received three translated documents this morning that I have been waiting for to send two packages to China. I have put together photo albums and letters for Ruby's Foster Mother, and for Mei who was involved in finding Ruby. I hope they will be as blessed by our gift as we have been by their's today!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Yugan!
Love, this thankful Mom....
Blog Archive
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-

14 comments:
I am so happy for you and Ruby!!! This is so special. I know you will cherish it always, as will she. Ruby is an incredible child with such an amazing story.
I celebrate this special gift of love with you! Thanks so much for sharing.
Lots of love,
Lisa
What a wonderful surprise for your family.
What a treasure! I love the wording of the card, so colorful and elegant. Sweet little Ruby is such a precious gift! We all love her so much!
Love this blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liz
How wonderful!!!! Something so special that Ruby will treasure in the days to come. How thoughtful of you to continue to remember her oprphange and her foster mother, it shows your heart in a big way!!!
Diana,
How special!!! What a precious Christmas Gift!
Love,
Shauna
Oh Diana,
The card is simply beautiful in both sentiment and appearance. What a wondeful gift to receive this time of year. I am thrilled for you:)
Blesings for this very special Christmas with your girls and Jeff. Enjoy your time!
Love,
kim
What a wonderful thing for them to do! Did everyone in your travel group get a card? We just received Olivia's foster mom's address last week. I'm working on getting the letter she wrote translated, then we'll send her a package. Its very exciting to have contact with this special lady who took care of Olivia for 6 months.
That is so cool that you got that card! I love your updates, and I hope your sister is recovering well. Your girls are so beautiful and happy! It was great seeing you yesterday - and Ruby too!!
Tracy
LOVE IT! What a treasure....
Blessings to you!
What a special gift! Happy Holidays!
Karen
Wow! What a great surprise!
Oh Diana,
How wonderful! What a beautiful treasure!
Thanks so much for sharing this with us - so very special - just like Miss Ruby herself!
Love,
Heather
What a special treasure!
I just found your blog. I have a Yugan cutie and we also got this same card. We got our first card after being home for just about a month and a half before Christmas/New Year. We now have 3 cards and we will treasure them always.
A Fellow Yugan mommy,
Becky