Thursday, May 22, 2008
The Chapman Family......

Today we as a family, along with the Adoption and Christian Communities grieve the tragic accident that took the life of Steven & Mary Chapman's youngest daughter Maria last evening. You can read more about it here. And you can see a sweet video of Maria with her Daddy, and send them a note here.....
As I have mentioned before the Chapman's have a very special place in our Red Thread Story. Their heart for Chinese Adoptions, along with their friends Geoff & Jan Moore, we were inspired to follow our call to bring Ruby home. Through their Orphan Ministry, Shaohanna's Hope they have helped thousands of children find loving families. We are so grateful that they are being lifted up today by so many people, and that they are in Nashville surrounded by family and their tight-knit Christian Music Community along with their church family.
So, our hearts break for their precious loss, and for their son who was also involved. We pray for God's comfort as they move forward and accept what has changed their world in such a devastating way.
In honor of Steven, you are hearing his song, Cinderella playing. This song was written for his precious girls and for all of you very special Daddy's out there!
I am thankful today for the gift of life, and the hope and promise of eternal life! Please say a prayer for this family today!
Blessings,
Diana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(179)
-
▼
May
(14)
- Random Silliness!
- TULIPS!
- "Cinderella"
- The Summer Cabin Memories Begin...
- The Chapman Family......
- Signs of Spring.... Finally!
- Happy Days are hear again....
- Thankful Thursday!
- Earthquake Relief Fund
- The Pearl's First Piano Recital!!!
- Lucky Mommy!
- Celebrating Ruby Tuesday!
- Destination China - One Year Ago!!
- Thankful Thursday!
-
▼
May
(14)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
So Long September~1 week ago
-
Our Wedding Rehearsal1 month ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living10 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"12 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
-
2008
(179)
- December(23)
- November(20)
- October(18)
- September(15)
- August(10)
- July(13)
- June(10)
-
May(14)
- Random Silliness!
- TULIPS!
- "Cinderella"
- The Summer Cabin Memories Begin...
- The Chapman Family......
- Signs of Spring.... Finally!
- Happy Days are hear again....
- Thankful Thursday!
- Earthquake Relief Fund
- The Pearl's First Piano Recital!!!
- Lucky Mommy!
- Celebrating Ruby Tuesday!
- Destination China - One Year Ago!!
- Thankful Thursday!
- April(13)
- March(10)
- February(19)
- January(14)
- 2007 (91)

6 comments:
It's so tragic. My heart goes out to all of them. She was such a beautiful little one. :(
Somehow I knew when I heard about this sad news on WCCO today, that you would post a tribute to the Chapman family...it is such a sad tragedy, they will most certainly be in our prayers! God bless you for posting a memorium to them... they mean a lot to so through their great ministry!! <><
~Tanya~
So very sad :(
This has absolutely broken my heart, I don't think I've stopped crying for more than 15 minutes since I found out. I cannot imagine the heartache and loss this family is going through right now.
If anyone wants to send a message to the Chapman family they can send it to chapmanfamily@ktis.fm
-Karen
We share in your sentiments. So tragic!
I still feel that pit in my stomach everytime I think about it, pray for their family - there is juts nothing inside of me that can imagine or understand.
Off to kiss the girls and squeeze them just a tad bit tighter.
As an aside I have enjoyed our emails and look forward to more of them.
Love,
Heather