Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ruby Tuesday Ramblings

Like our summer, I can tell my blog posts are going to be more random, and probably less frequent.  I had three goals when I started this blog.  One, was to have a digital/virtual scrapbook of our life on record, second was to keep our long distance family up-to-date on their Grandchildren/Nieces, and thirdly was to encourage people in their adoption waits for their children.  From the wonderful messages I receive, and the thankful calls I get from Grandparents, I feel like I am reaching those goals. 

I am not sure I would have really ever jumped in on this blog if Jeff hadn't gotten sick last summer.  Kim was the one who encouraged me when she posted a prayer request for our family during that time.  I am grateful.  I know there are many of you who read our blog, but never leave a comment.  I hope someday you will, just so I know who you are.  But, anonymous is okay too as long as you feel encouraged here.  Jeff was recently in KY at our nephew's graduation and he was floored by how many of his relatives check in on us via "the Pearl & the Ruby!".  So, to Jeff's family out there, thank you for following us here!

That was a lot of blah blah blah to say, I will post this summer, but probably less frequently.  I hope to do Tuesday posts going forward, labeled..  "Ruby Tuesday Ramblings."  These posts will probably consist of what Ruby is up to lately.  We will see where they lead...

Check in on us this Thursday/Friday.  It is Ainsley's 7th birthday.  She is so excited!!  I can't believe that seven years ago I was two days away from becoming a mom for the first time.  It was such a special time!   I can promise some fun pictures around July 8th when two Jiangxi Jewels and their siblings will be featured here!

Oh, well time to go...  The Emerald is here, and she and The Pearl have a show for me to watch!

Blessings,
Diana

P.S:  Congratulations to the June 9th Referral Group!


21 comments:

The Oswalds said...

Love the orange Crocs & that adorable skirt!!!! Will be checking in for birthday pics & for future Ruby Tuesday Ramblings. Enjoy your summer with your beautiful girls & Jeff.

Love,
Shauna

Renee and Brian said...

Diana,
I just wanted to let you know that I check your blog pretty much everyday and I have since before you went to China to pick up Ruby. I always enjoy reading your posts and looking at the beautiful pictures of your girls who are absolutely precious! I find everything you say so positive and encouraging and it makes me look forward to the day we receive our referral from the Philippines. I can't wait to share my stories of being a mom just like you have done. You have definetely achieved your goal of inspiring others through sharing your adoption journey. Thank you so much!!

3 Peanuts said...

I know what you mean!!! Where is the time in the summer? Only 3 more weeks!!!!!!


Tell Miss A happy birthday from us:)

Kim

Dawn said...

I love following your family. I have commented a couple of times before, but check in often. I followed you to China and back for Ruby. I prayed for your husband when he was sick...you have a very sweet family and it has been so fun to check in on what's happening in your family.

Blessings
Dawn

Karen said...

Love reading your blog, your girls are adorable. Reading blogs like yours is so helpful during this long wait. Have a wonderful summer!

Karen

K said...

As I read your Ruby Tuesday Ramblings I thought "I am reading about me". I am one of those waiting adoptive mom's who checks your blog weekly. I have never commented like you mentioned but I thought why not. Why not tell you how wonderful your blog is. Why not tell you this wait is so so so hard but I know you understand that. Why not tell you your blog gives me hope my daughter will be in my arms someday. Your Pearl and your Ruby give my husband and I hope we will one day have our family. Thank you, Kelly (paper pregnant) Patiently - or actually not so patiently waiting for our first child from China.
LID 03/08/2006

K said...

As I read your Ruby Tuesday Ramblings I thought "I am reading about me". I am one of those waiting adoptive mom's who checks your blog weekly. I have never commented like you mentioned but I thought why not. Why not tell you how wonderful your blog is. Why not tell you this wait is so so so hard but I know you understand that. Why not tell you your blog gives me hope my daughter will be in my arms someday. Your Pearl and your Ruby give my husband and I hope we will one day have our family. Thank you, Kelly (paper pregnant) Patiently - or actually not so patiently waiting for our first child from China.
LID 03/08/2006

Michelle R Photography said...

What an adorable outfit! I look forward to your Ruby Tuesday Ramblings. :-) Happy Summer!

Ani said...

Hi! I found your blog when you were about to travel to China for Ruby Tuesday. I love reading about your girls and your family adventures.

I am mom to a beautiful boy, adopted domestically, he's a bit older than Ruby so I just laugh at her antics ;)

Thanks for sharing a bit of your life with us.

jennifer said...

love, love the orange crocs.

You are always an encourager here, I am so glad you jumped on the blog wagon.

Have a great weekend!

PS. There is a blog on rumor queen who just got their referral (I don't remember which one. I think it's one of the first ones.) Their baby reminds me so much of Ruby.

Ronda said...

I am glad you are blogging-I have been following your family since My Adoption Website. Have a terrific summer. Happy B-day to A.

ali said...

hi. coming out of lurkville. i love your blog and your girls are so beautiful. have a great summer and happy birthday!

Jodee said...

I, too, am so glad you decided to blog. I love checking in on your adorable family. Do share -- where did you get that adorable skirt? Love those bright orange crocs too!

Jboo said...

What a cute skirt and little crocs! Love reading about your girls!

Janet

Mommy said...

So, I'm probably one of those people who comes here daily and rarely leaves a comment. I have been following your blog it seems like forever. We are waiting on a SN referral...hopefully sooner than later...and I am always so encouraged by your blog, sweet Ainsley and your precious Ruby Mei. I have two little ones at home and we will be bringing home a baby sister from China for them to love. It has been wonderful to see Ainsley adjust to her new sister. Anywhoo, I thought I should say hello since I don't do it often enough.

Blessings,
Mommy

Renee and Brian said...

Diana,
I sent a long message yesterday which I guess got lost some how as I don't see it in your comment section, so I'll start again. I started reading your blog just before you went to pick up Ruby in China last year. I now check your blog daily and I just love all the stories that you share about your family. I also enjoy the pictures of your precious children. I find your blog so positive and encouraging. It makes me look forward to the day when I can share stories of my child. We are in the process of adopting from the Philippines and are hoping to receive our referral in mid-late 2010. I want you to know that you did acheive your goal of inspiring others who are also in this adoption journey. Thank you so much!

4ever4some said...

I really enjoy your blog. I know you have a following in KY. Many of my adoption friends have your blog listed under their "favorite blogs" (I also have you listed on my blogroll). Your children are absolutely beautiful. And you have one of the best blog banners out there. Love your Ruby Tuesday Rambling...the pom pom trim on the skirt is too cute.

Felicia

4ever4some said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John said...

Hi! I, too, will come out of lurkville (love that!). :) I did sign your guest book when you were in China, though. :) I love that we have BSF in common, too. You are inspiring in many ways--particularly during the difficult time when your husband was sick. Your positive outlook, thankful heart, and trust in God were an amazing example. Of course, your daughters are beautiful and I love your photography!
Love,
Ginny
mommy to Grace (age 3, Guangdong, a.April 2006) and LID Nov. 2007 for #2!

Debbie said...

mission accomplished!!! your blog has been one of the greatest encouragements to me during our journey to lily. truly, i can't tell you how many times i have thanked the Lord for sweet ruby! her face, cuteness & delightful spirit have given me sooo much hope to keep waiting. you will never know how grateful i am for your blog.

God bless & happy summer 08!!!

Debbie
www.lilyswait.blogspot.com

Tracy said...

Orange crocs are awesome. My niece Ariel has some, too. I think Charlotte may need crocs. I have the same goals for my blog, and I like to think I am reaching them, too :) I agree that you are!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive