Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Big One!!!!


Since last summer Jeff has been trying to catch the "Big One" at our cabin.  Well, it finally happened at about 8:30pm CT on Saturday, July 26th!  This large mouth bass was waiting for Jeff all along right under our dock!!!!  Currently, this fish is residing in our freezer, and I believe he will be hanging on the wall right under Grandpa's walleye someday!!  Victory on Portage Lake!  Congratulations Daddy!!

We had a fabulous weekend with my parents up north.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous.
It's always hard to leave after weekends like that!

There is lots of excitement over a certain 2 year olds birthday tomorrow!  We are excited to celebrate the day 'Her Rubiness' came into this world!  

Time to run... Our nephews are arriving this morning, and we are really looking forward to their visit!

Photo's of the birthday girl coming soon!

Blessings,
Diana


9 comments:

Kate said...

Diana,

I am so glad to see a post from you! And such a celebratory one at that! It looks like Jeff caught the grandaddy of all fish!!! Wow! That must have been a fun day!

My own sweet husband caught some (little) fish when we were at the shore...and he keeps asking when I am going to post the pictures onmy blog.....hmmmmm....maybe if I can pretty them up with some flowers...

I will be sure to show him Jeff's big catch!!

It looks like you are all making the most of this flying summer!!

jennifer said...

Can't wait to see birthday pictures!

Congrats on the big fish!!

Laura said...

Diana,

I found your blog a while ago through another site and just love it! Reading about your trip to China brought tears to my eyes on more than one occasion.

You have such a beautiful family and the love just radiates!

I do have a question for you, though. Would you feel comfortable sharing your favorite etsy sellers? I'd love to get a pinafore for my little niece like the ones that Ruby wears. I also love that headband with the big bow that she wore in China. Was that from etsy, too?

Thanks so much,
Laura

3 Peanuts said...

Tell Jeff we say CONGRATULATIONS! That is a great looking catch. I will have to show the boys when they get home!


I thought R's b-day was yesterday---silly me! I cannot wait to see the photos!

Love,
Kim
P.S. I finally posted the rest of our MN trip today....so delayed but I really wanted it posted for our blog books.

3 Peanuts said...

PS---Have fun with your nephews:)

Heather said...

Congratulations Daddy! Looks like a beautiful fishie:)

Happy Birthday sweet Ruby Mei! We love you sweetie:)

Love,
Heather (Rob, Emmy, Hannah too!)

W,M,M,A Davis said...

Great Fish Jeff!! Awesome!! I hope I can get a big on. The summer salmon are running right now.. I didn't get anything on my last try. If you where closer Id say lets go fishing!! Some day you will have to show me how to catch Bass.. Once Again Nice Fish!

Jodee said...

Congratulations, Jeff!

Lori said...

Diana, I just saw Kim's pictures from their visit and what a wonderful time it looks like you all had together! How wonderful that you could share that time and do so many fun things together! Your place at the lake looks like a very special place. :)
I love these fishing pictures, congrats on "the big one" and happy Birthday to your baby girl!!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive