Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Goodbye Old Friends...


Due to my slacker blogging lately, I have not formally said "goodbye" to my RQ Pal, October LID buddy, and "real life" friend Kimber.  For at least 1.5 years the 3Peanuts have been part of my daily dose.  Clearly there is a void now with no more great posts about this wonderful family.  And, where in the heck am I supposed to get my great shopping tips for Ruby? I would not even know what "Etsy" meant if it wasn't for Kim.  Nor would I have re-introduced monograms into my house, or would I even know what Gluten Free really means!!  Obviously, she needs to write a book now.  There will be so much to say!

I will not get into any ugly comments on the anonymous person that felt the need to harass Kim.  It was so hurtful, that she did the right thing by taking 3Peanuts off line.  Unfortunately now, many of us will probably do the same thing.  Kim started her blog for her family and friends, but as she has said before it grew to be much more.  

Kim, thanks for the daily glimpses into your life, your struggles, your faith, and your great big heart!  I miss you and I miss those precious Peanuts!!

Blessings,
Diana

30 comments:

TJ and Tony said...

Hi Diana,

Just wanted to echo your sentiments! I check in on my Oct LID buddies once or twice a week. I, too, miss Kimber. It has been a nice way to stay "connected" to my RQ buddies if even just peripherally. If you also go offline I will go into major withdrawal.

Kim, if you are reading this I hope you and your beautiful family are well. Lily was with me the other day when I was checking in on Diana's blog and she saw one of the pictures of Kate and Ruby and said, "Lily and who that". She thought the picture of Kate in pigtails was her!!

Take care!

TJ

Jodee said...

I miss Kim and the 3 Peanuts too! I found you both about the same exact time. I am with you on the Etsy part, and I miss her shopping tips!!!

Hurry back, Kim!

Hannah said...

I found your blog through 3peanuts a while back and I love both blogs. I hate that someone caused her to close her blog and I do hope one day she re-opens it. My daughter is just a little younger and I loved getting shopping ideas. I too renewed my love of monograms and pink and green!!

Hannah

Mortimer said...

I was a daily reader of the Peanuts. I too feel a void. I do not have a blog, but I feel sad that people use them to take out their anger and hostility. I feel Kim's blog along with yours and others show a view of life that is meant to enrich other lives.
Peace,
Marie

Sheri said...

I, too, am missing Kim, and would miss you too if you went private. It's unfortunate that this has happened to Kim, and that it has caused many others to think twice about blogging. There are so many wonderful people I've "met" and who've shared so many wonderful things with so many others through their blogs. I pray that this "community" can stay intact, and I pray for those who feel the need to hurt others.

The Carew Family said...

I just wanted to say I am sorry that the 3 Peanuts went off line as well. I came to follow your site off a friends adoption page and thru you found 3 Peaunuts. I am sorry that someone took such a beautiful blog and sullied it! It is fun for me to read your blogs and imagine my friend and her husband in your shoes some day! Thank you for sharing.

Kim said...

Diana,
Just wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed following your journey to China and back! I "found" you on myadoptionwebsite months before you received your referral. Ruby and Ainsly are absolutely darling :) We are on day 71 waiting for our LOA to bring Sophie Mei home from China. Blessings to your family,
Kim
www.myadoptionwebsite.com/simplysophie

p.s. I miss Kim and the Peanuts too!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Such a nice post, Di. You are fortunate to have a relationship with Kim that goes far beyond the blog.

Thinking of you with love and fondness!

Lisa

Jboo said...

I am sorry that 3 Peanuts closed down too -- miss reading about her adorable sons, the cute Miss Kate and the whole family. I hope they are all well and enjoying their summer.

Janet

Shari said...

It is sad that their are those hurtful people out their who make a purpose to make other people miserable. I know I miss checking in on the cute pictures of the Peanuts!

Maggie said...

Please let Kim and the 3 Peanuts know that they're much missed. It's so sad that Kim experienced the difficulty caused by a hateful person.

Christy said...

Hi Diana,
I have greatly enjoyed reading both your blog and 3 Peanuts. They have given me hope as we wait for the light at the end of this very long tunnel! Fortunately, our wait is ending soon - just waiting for travel approval now. Thank you for sharing your beautiful family and story with us. It has been an inspiration for me.
Christy

Unknown said...

I think I speak for us all when we say we miss the Peanuts. Its amazing the impact a blog can make!

It is so sad to see how hurtful people can be.

Really hope your blog doesnt come offline, I know it will be a large void for us all!

Michelle-Canada

Michelle R Photography said...

It is so sad. I am so glad that she was able to post those lovely photos of your time together before she had to close down. It's so special that you were able to form such a deep connection and friendship with someone that you met on your adoption journey.

LeighAnne said...

I too miss the 3 Peanuts and I found your blog through Kim's. I am a frequent reader, but this is my first time to post. My husband & I have a strong desire to adopt one day and reading about families who have already "been there and done that" really gives me inspiration. I hope that you will all stay online and not let bullies ruin our fun.

Kim said...

Hi Diana,
You and Kimber were the two families from our October group that I kept tabs on. I "met" Kimber right before we left for China as Dave and Will were going to be there at the same time. I definitely miss her posts and didn't realize how often I checked on her to see what she had to say. I miss those peanuts too! I'm glad you are still online and love watching the girls grow up. They are both adorable. So glad Jeff is well and healthy!

Take care,
Kim and Katiebug

Kim N Jeff said...

I am sorry to that she has gone off line... I had been gone for a while as well and when I came back realized that she was gone :(

I haven't formally posted to your site but love stopping in to see how your girls are doing - would be sad to see you go.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful family with all of us and if you talk to Kim please let her know that she is greatly missed.

3 Peanuts said...

Wow Di---you are such a sweet and dear friend. reading this embarrasses me because I don't necessarily see myself the way others did.---thank you for telling me about this. It is just what I need to lift my spirits. i had no idea. The break came a a good time. i am too sick right now to do anything and we have so much going on but I am thinking about making the blog pubilc again after our lives settle down here:) I would never ae been able to blog now anyway.

I miss you! I still cannot talk but will call when I can.

LOVE,
Kim

JBK said...

My three girls and I loved the 3 peanuts. It was a lot of fun to see her pictures and read about her life. It is such a shame that one person can ruin it for so many others.

Jae - Canada

Twinkletoes said...

I would have to somewhat echo you kind words. I miss her too. As with your blog, you give readers inspiration as to what "family" is all about! Kim has opened our eyes, and shared so openly, to so many things! Actually, her supplement post is THE reason my 79 year old grandmother is finally feeling relief from her back and leg pain. It was literally over a year and many, many doctors and specialists later - and here Kim had history with a certain herbal medication! Because she shared it, we have relief like NOTHING any of the dr's prescribed, including epidurals. Her blog, like yours, truly helps the readers and I am (also) so sorry that she had to shut down.
~Lynn/PA

Julie said...

We miss Kim too! I click on her blog link weekly hoping to find a surprise!

Julie

Ani said...

This is such a sweet post. I, too, miss the 3Peanuts posts. I wish Kim and her family all the best.

Thanks for the update, Diana.

Football and Fried Rice said...

Missing the Peanuts here too!!

I wonder what I'd do with all my time if I quit blogging????

katrina said...

I just wanted to take the time to thank you for your wonderful website. I have kept up with Ruby and your family since following your journey on the adoption website. My husband and I have a LID of 3/26/07. So I have a long wait ahead. Your story and beautiful family has been an inspiration for my family.

katrina said...

I just wanted to take the time to thank you for your wonderful website. I have kept up with Ruby and your family since following your journey on the adoption website. My husband and I have a LID of 3/26/07. So I have a long wait ahead. Your story and beautiful family has been an inspiration for my family.

Katrina

Naples, FL

Anonymous said...

I too miss her daily posts. She was such an inspiration for waiting families and so generous with her words of wisdom. I feel so bad for her and why do people have to be so ugly!!!

Robin said...

Hi Diana,

I also miss my daily dose of "the peanuts" We were all in that long October LID wait together. I also love reading your blog and have been following both since before we all brought our girls home. If you go private please keep me informed. I still can't believe I'm in China again right now(sitting at the White Swan) with two sleeping little sweeties behind me and my big boy down in the arcade with his dad!

Blessings to both of you and Kim, I hope you are feeling well very soon.

Robin

fleur de lis cottage said...

Miss the 3 peanuts too! Looking forward to her return.

Unknown said...

Diana,
Your blog is inspirational to me. I appreciate your love for your family and thankfulness to God.

You are a breath of fresh air when I stop by!

Michelle

Rachel said...

Did you see that Kim is back? What great news! I love reading both of your blogs :)

Blessings!
Rachel

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive