Thursday, February 4, 2010
Blessed...
When my parents asked me if I was ever going to update my blog yesterday, I thought I better check in! Believe it or not, my camera has been in it's bag so n0 new pictures of the girls to share. I was going to do a Sunday Snapshot on the Pearl, but we never got to that photo shoot!So, instead I will tell you what is going on, and a little about this beautiful necklace above...
First, CHINA UPDATE! In exactly 16 days we will be getting ready to head to the airport! We are flying from here to LAX and from there directly to Sienna's Province. The weary travelers will spend the weekend exploring and getting our clocks adjusted for Sienna Grace Day! Three weeks from today, that precious girl will be with us! Hopefully, you will be waking up to pictures of her about this time!
The packing has begun! Ainsley and I actually have Miss Sienna ready to go!!!! She has her own big suitcase with some very special girly things! I took my friend Jen's idea and put individual outfits into Ziplocks.. What an easy way to pack! Thanks Jen for convincing me that was the thing to do!
Jeff started going through the electronics, and Ainsley is almost ready. However, since she has grown like a weed, we will be doing a little shopping for The Pearl! We are so excited for warm weather in Southern China!!
Now for this necklace... It was sent to me by another adoptive Mom whom I have never met. Kim E. reached out via my blog for me to contact her. She explained that she was a fellow "MAW MOM" (My Adoption Websites) and that she wanted to send me something she had made for me... She has a new business, that when she is ready I will share the details of with you. Well, I received this beautiful gift on Friday. What a blessing to have something that represents the Pearl and my Rubies! I will be wearing this on Sienna Day! Thank you Kim!! I absolutely love it!
Speaking of Sienna Day, what am I going to wear?... Yes, I think about these things!
Lastly, Ruby and I were blessed on Thursday by my sister, Barbara or "Aunt Bop!" We were invited to listen to her speak at chapel at the college where she is The Dean. Her sermon focused on a Deuteronomy verse that challenges us to choose life. While this has many meanings, one including eternal life, Barb focused on choosing the path that God has for each of us. She used Ruby's enthusiasm for life, and Jeff's and my decision to go back to China for Sienna Grace as examples of "choosing life." To say I was touched was an under-statement. What a gift to have your big sister share what God is doing in her little sister's life. Thank you Barb... The service closed with Paster Sonja doing a blessing over our family, and with Ruby singing "Jesus Loves Me" into the microphone with the congregation. It was a beautiful morning.
I loved this prayer that was read, and I dedicate it to all of my Adoption Mom Friends this morning:
Prayer for the Care of Children:
Almighty God, with a mother's love and a father's care you have blessed us with the joy and responsibility of children. As we bring them up, give us gracious love, calm strength, and patient wisdom, that we may teach them to love whatever is just and true and good, following the example of Jesus Christ, or Savior.
Amen
Have a great week! Hoping to post a new pic of Sienna in the next few days!!
Blessings,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-

19 comments:
I was getting worried about you too! We *need* the updates. I love this necklace. Prayers for all of you during this waiting time!
Can you believe how fast time is going! We leave next week and I really don't know where the time went!
The necklace is beautiful!
3weeks!! I'm so excited for you all! I have enjoy the journey to Wesleigh and can't wait to follow your journey to Sienna!! Got to say the necklace is just gorgeous!
What a beautiful prayer! I especially love the part about "gracious love, calm strength, and patient wisdom". What I wouldn't give to have more of that!! Thanks for sharing.
What a wonderful way to start my day! You are so eloquent, Dijo. Seriously love that necklace...I need to know about this lovely lady who made it!
16 more sleeps...
Hi Diana, I have been following your blog for a few months now. I came across it through one of my friends blogs "Journey to Oakley" My husband and I are just getting started with our adoption process and I would like to email you about some questions if you wouldn't mind. I will be praying for your journey. Thanks Jennifer
brianjenhunt@yahoo.com
Oh sounds like things are getting exciting in your house. You guys continue to be in my prayers and I truly can't wait to see sweet Sienna in your arms!
Blessings, Ashley
Finally, all is right with my world...another update!!! The necklace is BEAUTIFUL and it will be a gorgeous piece to wear on Sienna day!
I cannot wait to follow your journey and see photos of you holding your precious girl.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought of "fashion" when packing the suitcases for China! (not that I was a fashion plate...but these photos are in our homes forever, so one must look as good as possible) :-))
Blessings!
Karen
I can't believe y'all leave in less than a month! Coming out of lurkdom to wish you well during this crazy time of packing.
What a beautiful necklace!!! I am so excited for 3 weeks from now!!!
Oh Di...this is a great post. What a truly special sermon your sister gave in honor of your family! And I love that Ruby sang at the end...how precious is that!?!
I can't believe you are the packing leg of your journey already. It's hard to imagine that in just a couple of weeks you will be leaving for China. SO happy for all of you!
And I just LOVE that necklace... where did you get it?!
Blessings & Hugs,
~ Tanya
Boy it is getting close to Sienna day! I am so happy for all of you! What a gorgeous necklace and a thoughtful gift. Love the prayer, thank you for that! Happy Packing!
Wow! I am so excited for you!
Really??? Only sixteen more days???
I am covering you all in prayer...right now!
The necklace is gorgeous...I can't wait until Kim's business is ready to go!
Thank you for all you kind comments & words of encouragement while we were in China! I still am amazed at how well Avery is doing. It is truly God working on her heart!!! I mean, things are not perfect....but, overall...she is doing wonderfully!
I can't wait to follow you to China...
Blessings to you and your whole family!!!
I LOVE that necklace!! It's perfect!! I can't wait for Sienna day!! So exciting!! I'm going to get this package in the mail tomorrow so you can have it in plenty time.
That necklace is amazing! So sweet of her to send it to you...it's perfect!
Kelly
That is an incredibly beautiful necklace and a wonderful way to honor and show your love for all three of your girlies!! :)
Hi Diana ~
I can't wait to see more pictures of Sienna ~ she is just a doll:) We just received confirmation that we will be getting Gabriella in China the same day you will be getting Sienna:) Maybe we will run into each other while we are in Gungzhou:) The countdown is on! Happy packing:)
So happy your Sienna day is coming so soon!!!!!!! Have a blast as you shop, pack & get all those bags stuffed for Southern China!! It is going to be an awesome trip to Hunan!
That is a beauty of a necklace. I'm so excited for you!