Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday!


It has been a while since I have posted on Thankful Thursday. It seems fitting today as we count down our days to Sienna Grace.... I am thankful for:

  • A little girl named Shaelee who is waiting for her best friend to come home...
  • That one week from today we will be waiting in Guangzhou to catch our connection to Changsha, Hunan
  • For the many friends who started praying for this journey with me long ago
  • For women of faith that blow me away
  • For family who have never questioned our choice to go back to China for #3
  • For Kim who encouraged me from the very beginning
  • For Denise who listened to God one Friday in September, 2008
  • For Bridget who is just too far away right now...
  • For Jen for sharing in the last minute milestones with me. And the cutest red shoes ever
  • For Pearl River Outreach for blessing me and so many precious children
  • For Sienna Grace's Foster Mother who is getting ready to let her go...
  • For The Pearl who advocated for another sister from China and her willingness to go
  • For the way that Ruby Mei has proven that it only takes faith as big as a mustard seed..
  • For how God has stretched Jeff and me in many ways
  • For a husband who loves me with all his heart
  • For Camp H and their willingness to love on Ruby for 16 days
  • For Katie who will be taking care of things at home for us
  • For new friends that I will soon share this adoption story with in China
  • For 2 very special women at Great Wall Adoption who believed it could happen
  • For a little girl in Hengshan who soon will have a forever family
  • For Jeff's willingness to travel this journey of the heart with me.... again!
My list could go on and one...

I plan to post one more time with our "My Adoption Website" address before we leave. Just know we are busy getting ready and very excited to meet our daughter & sister, Sienna Grace in ten days!!

Blessings,

23 comments:

Courtney said...

Congratulations. It is hard to believe it is only 10 days away. Best wishes as you prepare for this trip.

sweet momma luv u said...

What a lovely list to be Thankful For!! Precious pictures of Ruby!!

I am so excited for your family growing by one more and she is sooooo...... precious and will be loved by all!

I am counting down the days with you!! 9 more to go until take off!!

Hugs,
Jody

Bailey said...

What an absolutely beautiful post. Thank you so much for sharing your Thankful Thursday list. It really makes me think about the things that I am thankful for.

Congratulations on leaving to bring Sienna Grace home. I cannot wait to follow your journey. Will you be visiting the orphanage?

Cannot wait!

Robyn said...

What a wonderful Thankful Thursday! Isn't crazy how close we are to leaving? I am sure you are much calmer than I am...we are in a tizzy almost everyday. I've got two tubs packed full, just need to transfer it all to the suitcases! Praying for a smooth week ahead and lots of unexpected blessings along the way. BTW, the pictures of Ruby are so beautiful!

Nightingale said...

Blessings to you and your family as you prepare for this amazing trip! I'll be following your adoption website closely. I can't wait for you to meet your darling girl!

Courtney (MCK)

Heather said...

Beautiful list Di - you have to tell me how to get into Sienna's website!! So thinking of you and praying for you! Off to change our prayer list to reflect your TRAVEL!!! :) Big smile!

We love your family!
Heather

Jenny said...

We are counting down the days with you!

TanyaLea said...

A perfect 'Thankful Thursday' list! I can't wait to follow along on yet another journey with your family. If you remember right, you are the ones who sparked China in my heart, which eventually led us to our daughter. So I count it a privilege to be able to follow along as you bring home your precious Sienna. Can't wait to meet her!! :)

Happy Packing and God bless! <><

Love,
Tanya

Ani said...

Can't believe you will be in China in 10 days. Godspeed to you all!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh I am sitting here crying tears of joy and PRAISE to God....can you believe this is all actually happening? Can you believe this story is about to come full circle? That His will be done.

I am so thankful that I have been able to witness so closely the faith and obedience of all the R's. You are a blessing to so many people and Sienna will be too.

I am praying for the smoothest of journeys for you all.

Love the iPnkalicious photos of Ruby:)

Jenny said...

I am such a fan of your blog. I cannot wait to follow your journey back to China and your meeting with Sienna. : ) Praying for you!

Melissa said...

How lucky to have so many things to be thankful for! Thanks for reminding me to sit and ponder all that I have to be thankful for today.

I am thankful for you and all of your advice and support...and to be able to share my adoption story with you! Hugs!

the meaklims said...

Cannot wait to follow your journey to your beautiful girl!

And thank God for things to be thankful for. You are living a full and blessed life. Praise Him!

Jill xx

Sharon said...

Ohhh...I have butterfliew for you. Can't wait!!!!

Tami said...

Diana,

Getting so excited for you
here:-)!

What a grateful heart you have...you have truly been blessed, and are blessing others in your faithful walk with Him. The glory of His woven tapestry is shining through this post.

Can't wait to follow along.

Love, hugs, and prayers...
Tami

snekcip said...

Beautiful and poignant post!!! Continuously counting down the days to Sienna Grace!!!


Love the PRETTY IN PINK pic of Ruby Mei!!!

Anonymous said...

Just can't put into words how happy and excited I am for you guys!

Blessings and Continued Prayers!

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

So sweet. Love the color in these pictures!! I cant say it enough how excited I am for your family.

Big Happy Family said...

Sienna,
Hurry home, I miss you!
Shaelee

W,M,M,A Davis said...

We are so excited for you and look forward to following your China adventures! We hope to be having our own in the not too distant future, as we accepted a referral last week! We'll tell you more once we get our PA.

Diane said...

Those that trod the path before me held our hands.
We hope to travel to Changshu
in 4-6 months (just submitted LOI)so we axiously await your journey to Sienna Grace.
Your Grace from God is so inspiring and your ability to put into words and pictures for the rest of us to enjoy is appreciated by many. You give so many of us the Faith to continue on with our journey! Thank you for taking the time to post as we know how busy this time is as you prepare to travel.
Have a wonderful trip! God Bless.

jennifer said...

What a sweet list and such adorable pictures! I can't wait to see you with Miss Sienna!!

What an amazingly crazy, wonderful journey!

Love you!!

Bridget said...

What a sweet, sweet post!!! I can't wait for your thankfulness to be running over in just a few short days when your sweet girl is in your arms! I can't believe your day is here! I am praying for a wonderful trip!!! I'm counting down the days until Sunday!!!

I might be far but will be with you on every step of this journey!!!!

Sleep well tonight friend!

Hugs~

B

ps - I

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive