Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sienna and Ruby! Sisters!

"To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy
or a confident; it is to have a soul mate for life."

As we prepare for our six month post adoption visit on Friday, I can't help but think of how far we have come as a family of five since we arrived in the Minneapolis airport on March 11th. But, probably the two that have come the farthest are the two pictured here... Strangers at first. The only thing in common is that they were from the same country with a similar story.

It has been a roller coaster of give and take since Sienna came home. But, I am seeing our prayers answered daily. These two special little girls, have found their way. They slowly became friends first.. But, that special bond of sisterhood is evident now. They can fight like the best of them, and love and protect each other too. Neither one is far from each other when they are home. I know now to buy two of everything to avoid "upheaval." Especially if it is pink! From a distance they look like twins. Both weighed in at exactly 38lbs last week. Ruby's solid muscle build make up for the 1 3/4" Sienna has on her. Their personalities are different, but they compliment each other beautifully. Sienna is probably more stubborn, and Ruby is definitely more dramatic when things are not going her way, but they seem to just get each other now. Not sure who is louder, but that's another story! They comprimise more now, and share the way friends should. They love each other! They are teaching each other things too.. Sienna is teaching her sister empathy and forgiveness. She tends to give in more when Ruby really wants something. Quickly, Ruby has learned to help her sister regardless of what it is she needs. Together they laugh and are silly... They are quite the pair!

Last week we were at the Pediatrician for well checkups. I was in a different room why they were doing their vision tests... It was Sienna's turn. She does not know the names of all of her letters yet. So as they were pointing to letters, her little sister was calling out the letters for her. Of course they had to tell Ruby it was Sienna's turn. But, it just made me smile hearing Ruby "cheat" for her sister on her eye test!! Two days later we were back at the Pediatrician for shots. This time it was Ruby's turn... It was Sienna she wanted on the table holding her hands... So sweet!

It may have started out slow... But it has been a blessing to watch them grow into what has become a very special relationship! Friends and sisters.. The way it should be!

A special thank you to my friend Denise for post editing these pictures for me.
you are in or near the Richmond area, call her for an appointment!!
I am so excited for her! I wish I lived closer so she could do a photo shoot with my girls!

9 comments:

Big Happy Family said...

Just checking in and saw this beautiful post. Sienna and Ruby are a very sweet pair, entrusted to each other in a very special way. Love that these two cuties have found their way to such a special sisterhood. Also, that helpful Ruby was giving those answers for her big sis! Such a blessing to see their relationship grow and blossom.

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

What a beautiful post! The girls are just the cutest and I am so thankful that you are able to write such sweet words about them. Just the sweetest thing that they love each other so much. That has been my earnest prayer that our girls become the best of friends and then forever sisters~ always there for each other no matter what. They will always have each other. I wouldn't give anything for my precious sister and know my girls all feel the same way. Hope you all have a blessed day!!!
Blessings
Sharon

Sharon said...

SWEET, SWEET! Love that bond that is growing stronger every day.

And I would love to join you and Denise in that photo shoot..i told her I wished we were closer and I would have her do Jordan's sr. pictures.

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Di~

Last week (August 1st) was Sister's Day and this is a fitting post! I also heard on the nightly news last week how people who grew up having a sister were emotionally better off somehow because of how sisters love, nurture, etc.

I am sure these two in tow not only bring joy to your life but the lives of people who see them. Add Ainsley in there and they are blessed threefold!

So glad God is bringing them together and I feel certain that no matter how many knock down drag outs they'll have they will always be the best of friends...

Lovely post, like you!

xo~
Lisa
Lisa

Denise said...

What a beautiful moving post Diana. I just came over from Amy's blog and you both have made me cry! What a miracle adoption is~
And thanks for the "plug"...LOL!

Amy said...

We share very similar adoption tales. Would love to share some thoughts/issues/questions with you if you are interested and have the time. My email is hatcher123@comcast.net.Thanks and I enjoy your blog!

W,M,M,A Davis said...

How fun to catch up on your blog and your beautiful daughters. Happy belated birthday to Ruby!

Football and Fried Rice said...

We could road trip together to have Denise take our pictures?? I could drive the RV? lol..I know her business is going to do so well - she is so talented.

It is such a breath of fresh air to hear how well the girls are doing together and how close they are growing..isn't it just like a dream come true? It' a beautiful thing to see!

jennifer said...

So sweet! I absolutely cannot wait to meet these two in person! You really need to post a video of Sienna talking. So impressive!!

Love the dr. story...so sweet!!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive