Thursday, August 16, 2012
She is so excited!!!!......
We always told her once she mastered it, she would never look back...
I don't think I have ever seen Sienna so animated as when I arrived at the cabin today. You see she has been waiting a long time to be riding her bike with no training wheels.. Her hard work finally paid off!!! And, as we predicted she has not looked back! Congratulations Sienna Grace on this major milestone!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-



9 comments:
Way to go Sienna!! Wow she and Madeline do have much in common, so tentative to master something new and then a whole new world opens to them when they do:) Precious pics!!!!
So cute!! I love this pic of your sweet girl!!!
Good for her! That's such a bog milestone!!!! Love the pic!
Yay! WE know here what an accomplishment that is. Both my girls were late bloomers into the two-wheeler club. I actually have an adult friend who never learned to ride a two-wheeler. Kudos to Sienna! ~nancy
We are really trying to be next in line for no training wheels. I am going to show Claire your sweet girls success for more encouragement.
Congrats Sienna!! That's awesome!!
Diane, we were "ALMOST" there this summer, we have been practicing a lot this summer and was "almost" there, but she was still a little "unsure". So I heaped on the encouragement, even going so far as to say "she would REALLY be a BIG GIRL if she learned how to ride without "training wheels"!Thinking that "maybe" that would encourage her to get her confidence up, because she PRIDES herself on being a BIG GIRL!! So to prove that "even Mom had to "become a BIG GIRL and learn to ride too!! We were on a "roll" (literally speaking)! I brainstormed KNOWING the Olympics would have "women cyclist" and I thght it would be a great TEACHING MOMENT!! Nope!! NOT!! Thanks to the OLYMPICS that has set back progress. "Why" you ask? No, it's not that Momma got so involved in the Olympics that "she got lackluster"! Nope! Not at all. What MOM (namely ME) did was run and get Bre to come watch the women cyclist. This was the moment I was waiting for!! She comes downstairs and plants herself in front of the television. I'm smiling triumphantly and thinking I'm a GENUIS and "patting myself on the back". We watch intently w/Bre intermittenly asking questions such as "do they have training wheels" and "why they don't have a PINK bike like hers. Amongst the questions/answers all of a sudden...Wham!!Flip!!Down goes woman after woman!! As I stare in disbelief, she brings me back to the present and pipes up "She turns to me and proudly exclaims...See! They should have kept their TRAINING WHEELS on!! (Sighhhhhh) back to square one!!
How exciting! Way to go, Sienna!
That is SO great!!! Going to show EK as to give her the confidence to just try it. I know it has to be in her time but know she will love it when she learns!!! XOXO
Congratulations Sienna! Seriously cool accomplishment.