Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Day!



Jeff and I were in to our second cups of coffee before we heard little feet stirring!  The bigs had to wake up Emme Jade to let her know Santa had actually come.  They were quite relieved that Joe gave them a break for some of their antics worthy of the "Naughty List" leading up to Jesus's birthday!

As you can tell, Emme Jade was not too excited to be plucked out of her bed!

WakingUp

It didn't take her too long to rally.  Emme only had one thing on her list.  A pink teddy! And, Santa delivered!

PinkTeddy

We open our gifts one at a time here...  The girls were very sweet at being excited for their sisters.  Ruby just had two things on her list..  A "Madeline" book and a snow globe..  Again Santa delivered.  Joe clearly was paying attention!

GIfts

Emme received a Leap Pad 2 this year.  Her sisters were quite impressed..  And a bit taken aback when they realized she has the new version..  They have been "borrowing" Emme's since Christmas!  In their words, they are teaching her how to use it!!

LeapPad2

A little sweet sister hug of thanks after a gift exchange!

Hug

Ainsley had a big morning...  Let's just say she is all set to move in to the "tween" years a little early.  She picked out this adorable coat from CrewCuts..  Love it on her!

NewCoat

Emme-Mat-Xmas

R-Snowglobe

ESR-2

Ainsley-Purse

Sisters-Edit

I am embarrassed to say that it has taken me almost three years to get Sienna's China Journey into a book.  Life just always seemed to crazy to stop and do this.  Thanks to my dear friend Jennifer, I was introduced to Blurb!  With Blurb you can pull your photos directly from Flickr.  It was so easy, and the finished product is beautiful!  She was SOOOOO excited!!  (Next her video..) The other gift Sienna received that she had asked for from Santa was a "Cutie-Pop."  I am glad Santa figured it out.  Because I had no idea what it was!
BlurbBook

We had a big surprise for all of the girls that they opened last.  It was a box with an ornament on the top that said, "Spring Break 2013."  The ornament was Cinderella's Castle!  Yes - we are taking the girls to Disney World for Spring Break.  They were so excited!!!!  I have some planning to do!  The box also had nightgowns for all the girls, and Princess Dresses for the littles.
Ainsley is the perfect age to be the tour guide for the little princesses at our house.  We are looking forward to it!
Disney-2

DisneyDresses

Let's just say we set Ainsley up for the last gift..  She really only had one thing on her list this year too.  A phone...  A gift I am pretty sure she never thought she would get.  Honestly, I have had mixed feelings on this..  She's young, only 11.  But, she is babysitting for other people now, doing travel volleyball, etc..  We took it all into consideration and decided to get her one.  We hid it in the front hall closet.  When we were done opening gifts, I told Ainsley we needed to call her Uncle..  I dialed her new phone, and you could hear music coming from the closet..  Finally she realized where it was coming from, opened the closet and it was in a bag hanging on a hanger.  To say she was a little excited is an understatement!!!  Ainsley knows this is a huge privilege..  One that will be closely monitored by her parents!!

photo-35

I am not sure who was more excited about the building toys the girls received this year.  Lego Friends and "Pinklets" have been a huge hit!!!  Daddy is an expert at building things, and they have been having fun sharing "their" toy with him!

untitled-2

Lastly, some of you may have read on Facebook, that my sister Barbara (Aunt Bop) has been named the 14th President of Illinois College!  She starts her new position in June!  She gave all of us IL gear for Christmas!  We are so excited for her.  And, very excited to be present at her induction in September!
ILCollegeGear



10 comments:

sophie said...

I love all your beautiful pictures and your thankful and appreciative children! My fave pic by far, though, is precious Ainsley with her phone. She seems like an incredible and responsible girl, and totally deserving of her phone. So glad you were able to surprise her!!

laceyfrith said...

Love your Christmas pictures. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas.

God Bless!

Paige said...

I love all the pics and of course the girls!!! Wish I could give them big hugs!!!I can't believe Christmas has come and gone!!!
hugs!!!!!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

A beautiful day for your family! Great gifts for everyone!!! SO excited about your spring break trip~ how fun!!! Hope you all have a very Happy New Year!!! XOXO

the meaklims said...

Looks like a wonderful blessed Christmas!

I like that Disney idea!! :)

Jill

the meaklims said...

Do you mind me asking where you got Ruby and Sienna's pajamas?

They're beautiful. I love the neckline and really, everything about them!! :)

Jill

Jennifer said...

Popped over to your blog to catch up . . . and I'm finally set up to leave comments!
It looks like a wonderful, very Merry Christmas in your house! I love all the pics of your beautiful girls. A trip to Disney - - how amazing!

Hugs to you,
Jennifer (MAW)

jodymcnatt said...

i heard about "all this"...but it was fun to actually SEE it! beautiful pictures taken, diana...beautiful memories created, rouse family! loved all of them! especially loved the pink teddy picture -- oh that smile of emme jade. precious. love you guys.

Sammy said...

The kids look so cute. I'm so glad to hear that it took you that long for Sienna's China Journey book. I'm behind on 3 kids.

Leslie said...

Gorgeous pictures as always, what a fun day! I'm a long-time reader and lurker, usually through Google Reader so I don't always comment. If you need help planning spring break, let me know: I'm a Disney travel agent. I've been more times than I can count with my crew, and would be happy to make recommendations if you need them! LeslieH@pixievacations.com

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive