Saturday, February 16, 2013

China Bound!!!

EmmeFav-0408EditNoText

If you opened this today because you thought I was announcing another adoption, you will be disappointed!!  No, this time, I am going to love on 21 orphans!  I have been given the opportunity of a life-time to travel back to southern China with Pearl River!  Not only am I going to visit our PRO children and their foster families, I have been given the opportunity to meet Sienna's foster mother.  I can't even wrap my heart around what that day will be like for me.  I am being given the chance to thank the woman who loved my daughter so deeply.  A special woman who I know still grieves that loss.  I will be given the chance to share with her how Sienna still talks about her "China Mom."  How the little spicy girl she raised for 4.5 years is thriving, growing, and blossoming.  Sienna has special memories of this special woman.  And, I will do my best to let her know she will never be forgotten in the heart of one special little girl.  Perhaps one day, Sienna will make this journey back to Hengshan too.  That is my prayer for her.

I am going to share this experience with three special Mom's.  Before adopting I never knew their names.  Today they are three of my closest friends.  Two of these amazing women, (Jennifer and Paige) will be standing in the the houses that their daughters once called home too.  Sharing with the women who knew their daughters intimately in the first chapters of their lives.  These special foster mothers will hear about how beautifully Gracie Joy and Janie are doing now.   I will stand back, camera in hand, and do my best to capture this poignant time in their lives.  I tear up just typing this!

April 19th, Jennifer, Paige, Christina and I will meet in Chicago.  We will head to Beijing and then south to Hunan.  This trip will be a journey like no other.  So different to experience China in this way. 

When the time comes I hope you will follow along.   I know I am going to fall in love 100x..  And, I anticipate my heart will break more than once..  I feel extremely blessed to have this opportunity!  I can't wait to see what God has in store for all of us!  One thing is for sure..  21 little children are going to be smothered with love from the four Mom's that are coming!!!  I can not wait!





14 comments:

cmath72 said...

Wow! What an amazing opportunity! Enjoy your time in China. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

Amy P. said...

My eyes are brimming with tears at the thought of your precious words to Sienna's foster mother. What a gift for you both.
May God be with you!!!!!!

jennifer said...

Whoo Hoo!!! I cannot wait to board that plane with you, my friend!!! There's nobody else I'd rather be there with :)

katrina said...

What a blessing to be able to visit your daughter’s foster mom. My daughter lived in a foster home in Jiangxi. I would love to ask her questions and just have a chance to thank her for loving our girl. Enjoy your trip


.

Leggio said...

Diana, How Fun and what an Awesome oppurtunity to love on the least of these. Hug our little Sponsor girls Hannah and Faith for us. :)I always love your photography on your blog. :)

park it said...

Will you please check on sweet Gabriella if you happen to have a chance - I so hope she is smiling at least sometimes. Safe travels - wish I could go with you!
Carol in FL

Tera said...

So so exciting!! I am a little jealous! What an amazing experience for you 3 to spend time with your daughters' foster moms! I will definitely be following along!

JulieM said...

What an amazing gift and opportunity ... yes a little bit jealous that you get to head to China :)! God has blessed you with some amazing doors to walk through and people to share it with. I can't wait to see it unfold and to see what God has for you guys on this journey! Praying in anticipation!
Blessings
Julie

Jan en Terry said...

I will be sitting on the front row during your special journey as our Hengshan-beauty once had a foster mum as well. We hope to visit her foster mum next year, so I'm thankful my heart will be prepared a little bit more thanks to your blog. I feel teary already :-)
Love from Belgium,
Terry

quilt'n-mama said...

I am excited for you, I hope someday we can go back to Hunan and meet the girls'foster mothers as well! Enjoy your trip.
Love the picture at the top of the post, it made me smile:)

crazy said...

I'm so jealous!! Is there anything we can do besides pray for you all? TN is a long way from you, but I'd sure try. AnnC in TN

Sammy said...

What a blessing. Have a great trip and hope you get lots of pictures!

Amy said...

SUPER COOL!!! Hope you take lots of pictures and love on lots of little ones. I am hoping to go with a friend in June. She has an agency and is putting together a one on one program so I get to go and help (hold babies and take pictures) I am so excited. Now somehow I need to put the money together . . . let the fundraising begin.

Lynda said...

How thrilling!!! I was pleased when our Hannah was able to go with us to China,her birth country for Lauren's adoption two years ago, but I definately desire a day we can all return for a heritage tour for both girls.
All the best to you on your journey!!!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive