Friday, February 22, 2013

The Tooth Fairy Returns!

Ruby-FrontTooth-0550SCPEdit

I must admit sometimes it feels like yesterday when I met Ruby Mei for the first time..  She was 9 months old and all she had was her two little bottom teeth.  That was almost 6 years ago!  Five days ago Ruby was determined to say goodbye to her first front tooth..  She wiggled and wiggled it until she finally pulled it out herself on Sunday night!!  She proudly ran up to find us to share her big toothless news!!!  What caught me off guard was how I reacted.  I wanted to cry!  This from the Mom who does not spend a lot of time looking back.  I love the "what's next" in our journey as a family.  In fact I look forward to it...  But this one smacked me in the face that our baby girl is growing up... Way too fast by the way!  Funny how one lost tooth can cause you to reflect!

Soon there will be two front teeth missing on our cutie!!!  And when that day comes, I will celebrate this milestone with Ruby Mei..  Quite honestly, her enthusiasm is contagious!  And, I will snap a few more photos to remember this precious and priceless time! I am thankful to have a front row seat!

Ruby-FrontTooth-0548-SCPEdit

Ruby-FrontTooth-0545-SCPEdit



5 comments:

Leggio said...

Diana,
She is just such a beautiful girl missing teeth and all. :) Thanks for the sweet note. It is always nice to have an encouraging word when you are in the midst of it. Have a great weekend. All your girls are precious. Blessings

TK said...

I cried when our daughter lost that one also. It had a tiny curve in it because it was the one she sucked her thumb by. I would never again see that little tooth that reminded me of her sweet, long habit.

Big Happy Family said...

Ruby you are so beautiful! We hope the tooth fairy was good to you sweet girl.

Debbie Sauer said...

Adorable!

Fannie said...

Your girls are so adorable Diana!! Looks like the tooth fairy will be making MANY trips! Love seeing the pics and updates of your girls. :)

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive