Thursday, April 25, 2013
The Beauty In China...
In all of my trips here one thing remains the same for me. The landscape and the people pull at me to take their photograph. It seems that wherever I go the life around me pulls me in.. I see beauty, joy and heartbreak everywhere.. There are dirty roads filled with garbage, and rain stained muddy country roads leave clay on my shoes and a mark on my heart.. These roads led me to my daughters. Therefore they are part of me now too. I stare deep into the un-trusting eyes of a child as I motion to see if I can take their picture... I am drawn in by the beutuiful wrinkles on elderly faces and the humbleness of it all. Weathered hands and dirty fingernails are for some reason so beautiful to me.. In the hustle bustle of the big cities I see the contrast of the young and old.. The flurry of people getting where they need to go.. Street sweepers, mopeds, fruit vendors, squatters and so much more... Beautiful women, beautiful children, bright colors, noises, smells, etc.. All calling to me to find a way to remember... My joy comes from capturing it.. I don't want to forget... I never will... This week we have experienced it all.. What a gift...
This is my opportunity to share some of what I am seeing behind my lens... Hopefully, these sweet faces and images will draw you in too.. Look beyond the lens with me and enjoy the beauty!

This is my opportunity to share some of what I am seeing behind my lens... Hopefully, these sweet faces and images will draw you in too.. Look beyond the lens with me and enjoy the beauty!
(If you want to see photos of the children we have been loving on, please head over to the PRO Blog.. It's been amazing thus far!!)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-















9 comments:
Friend...I love your vision and talent. I am so honored to be experiencing this beauty beside you! Luv Luv!
Diana,
There are no words, just tears! Until you walk those clay roads and your heart is forever changed there is no way to explain the beauty in all the ashes. Your pictures are breath taking and capture the pure beauty on the streets of China!
Blessings
Julie
Amazing photos. Makes me want to go back so much. One day ... hope to go on a trip such as the one you are taking. Thank you for sharing.
Gorgeous photos and yes true beauty! Thank you for sharing!
wondurful, amazing pictures !! I'm the mother of a nice chinese princess and I'd love to make a scrapbooking album with pictures of chinese people, for my daughter. Would it be possible to receive some of your pictures to do sich an album ? If you're interested, I can make two albums and send you one... if you are OK and if I can have much time to do them, cause I don't have so much time to scrap...
Sincerely, congratulations for your talent !
Christelle
http://filnotrehistoire.canalblog.com
http://scrapzette.canalblog.com
Diana,
I have enjoyed your blog for some time and watching your beautiful family. We are in China right now as well adopting our second precious child (5th kiddo total). Our first son was adopted in 2010 from Changsha so your trip has special meaning. He is a Loudi boy. Like you, I am taken in by the beautiful people here. Each one seems to have a story to tell. Looking forward to your next update.
Diana,
Your pictures take my breath away & bring me back to China. I adopted my 2 year old China beauty last July from Guangdong Province. I feel connected & love showing them to Emma. With each child she shouts BABY!! thanks for sharing your amazing experiences!
OH I want to go back!!! and back!!! and back!!! LOVE them all!!! XOXO
You have captured so eloquently some of the true beauty of China. My heart aches to go back again (and again, and again...). Thank you for sharing!