Monday, October 21, 2013
Road Trip To IC!!
How is it that it's been 3 weeks since I posted... Fall is blowing by too fast.. The chill is here reminding us that winter is on it's way. We even had snowflakes today!
We did take the time to soak in one of the best parts of Autumn.. Homecoming at Illinois College with Aunt Bop! We took our first long road trip (over 3 hours) with all four girls. I am happy to report they all did great!!! Jacksonville is an approximately an 8 hour trip from our home.
We rolled into the President's House in time for Ainsley to join Aunt Bop to judge the IC talent show! Ruby and Sienna decided that the best rip sticking in the world is at Aunt Bop's. The driveway at Barnes House is perfect for biking and boarding!!
There were many highlights to this fun weekend... We kicked it off with the nieces being in the Homecoming Parade with Aunt Bop Sautrday morning! Even Mr. Handsome was in on the fun driving their convertible! I chose the roll of photographer for the first mile!
From the parade we headed to the Alumnae tent to get ready for the Football Game. I am happy to report that IC won their Homecoming game! The Middles and the Little were in heaven when they were invited down to the field to hang out with the cheerleaders!!! Ruby closely studied every move, and was ready to be a flyer if they would have let her!
The girls loved meeting the Homecoming Queen and sweet Kenzie their favorite cheerleader. Kenzie got hurt on a bad landing, so Emme took it upon herself to be part of her training team! She made sure the ice stayed on her knee!!
We loved this special visit back to IC with all of the girls.. We hope to make Homecoming in Jacksonville a tradition!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
















2 comments:
SO. Cute!!! I am so jealous that you saw snowflakes!!!! Still in the low 70s here.
<3
These are all precious!!! I would really like to see one of you running along the parade route though :)