Thursday, March 6, 2014

Anniversaries and Forever Sisters!


March is the second busiest month for celebrations at our house.  It's the month Sienna became part of our family in China, the month we received our referral for Ruby, and it's my Dad's birthday!  We celebrate all of these within 5 days of each other!!

March kicks off with the anniversary of meeting Sienna Grace on March 1, 2010.  Every year I feel like I celebrate how well she is doing.  Her health continues to be a miracle for our beautiful girl..  She has remained transfusion free since September 2010!  It's really amazing!  Other than a quick flu bug this winter, she has been so healthy!  We are grateful!  Second grade has been the year of confidence for Sienna.  I feel like she is really blossoming.  Ruby continues to provide a degree of comfort for her at school.  It's a remarkable relationship!  She's swimming and dancing this year.  I love watching her do both!  We are thankful for the most patient and loving teacher a child could ever have. With Mrs. Gullman's help, Sienna's reading has improved dramatically.  We are so thankful for this special teacher!  We are seeing our girl shine in art..  She definitely has a gift here...  Overall, I have seen our "Spicy Girl" from Hunan thrive.  It's a blessing to be a part of her story.  When I really think of the magnitude of what she has accomplished in four years, it's astounding!  Our tough and tender girl is a sweet and spicy blessing!


*I took these photos for a photography class I am in with Lisa Furey.  She was not crazy about the "messy buns" but she humored me..  




March 5th we celebrated the referral of Ruby Mei!  Seven years ago, we saw the precious face of this precious child!  I love re-living that day.  Such a special time in our lives as we waited to find out who God had chosen for our family!   Ruby continues to brighten our days.  She is our sweet and sensitive child.  What I love most about Ruby is how humble she is.  She has been blessed with a sweet and gentle spirit.  In contrast to that, she is our competitive one too!  She never grumbles when hard work is involved.  We have seen this attitude pay off both at school and in swimming!  She's a gifted student and athlete.  Ruby Mei also has a huge heart for the Lord.  She has grasped the Gospel better than most adults I know.   It's going to be fun to see how God uses "Her Rubiness!"  It's hard to believe it was 7 years ago when we first saw that sweet face in the puffy green jacket!  So thankful for this special and beautiful little girl! 




My latest photography assignment had the theme, "Connected.."
There are two girls in this family that share such a special bond.  It was created by them on their terms.  It did not happen overnight.  But today, 4 years later they are the best of friends.  They are so different, yet they are so alike!  Most days we find them singing songs, acting out movie lines, playing lego's, or just being together...  They are a funny pair!  The most beautiful odd-couple!!  This picture tells a story.  Two girls born in far away land, brought together through adoption, and bonded through friendship and love.  They are truly "connected!"


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  ~Jeremiah 29:11






7 comments:

Paige said...

Welcome back to bloggy world my sweet friend, I sure have missed your writing. I am so thankful I got to meet these two special precious girls! They are truly gorgeous inside and out. I am thankful God chose you to be their Mom! Madeline calls them her China friends and the way she talks you'd think she met them too haha. That will be the next thing on our bucket list to make happen!

Hugs friend!

Leggio said...

Happy Forever Family Day Sienna Grace. Our sweet Cora is a Hunan girl and we can't wait to meet her. I didn't know that Sienna Grace and Mia both have Gotcha days in March. :) Hope you are staying warm up North. It has been a cold winter for Texas, so I know yall have been cold.

waiting4lexi@gmail.com said...

Di, I just loved reading this post. Even from the 2 years it has been since I saw the girls and their connection, so much has grown and changed. You can see the trust in their eyes just through pictures. I love how God uses our strengths and our weaknesses to create the perfect pair and I marvel at the beautiful pictures he paints all in his time. Sienna and Ruby are such blessings. Happy Anniversary!

snekcip said...

Time MARCHes on and SO glad to be able to see firsthand how God has entwined these little girl so tightly and lovingly in your family. Don't make it here to blogland to often anymore but its always a sweet surprise to see post about the girls. Have a wonderful weekend!!

TanyaLea said...

Such a beautiful post, Di ...it has been such a blessing to watch these girls grow and thrive together. It's beautiful how God has knit your family together over the years, and the wonderful connections that formed so deeply within. He knew all along! I am so grateful for His faithfulness and the 'big picture' He sees when we can't look beyond what is in front of us. I will never forget the journey that lead to your referral to precious Sienna and even the connections with that. He is FAITHFUL!! BTW, that top photo of Sienna takes my breath away... I hope you have that one printed on a canvas ~ it will be an heirloom for sure!♥

Big Happy Family said...

Beautiful pictures, and beautiful daughters. What a very special post Diana.

Ashley said...

Love the photos - but love the "connected" one and their beautiful story behind their special bond even more!

Blessings, Ashley

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive