Thursday, May 8, 2014

Celebrating 7 Years With "Her Rubiness!"


On Tuesday, May 8th, 2007 Jeff and I were in the Jiangxi Province of China getting ready to meet the little raven haired beauty that God had chosen for our family.  Her name was Yue Meng Ru.  We lovingly refer to that day in our family as "Ruby Tuesday."  The memories I have of that day will forever be etched on my heart.  She was, and is, incredible...  I remember stepping off the elevator of the Nanchang Civil Affairs Office with my heart pounding..  We entered into a crowded room of families and babies..  All of us there for one reason..  To become a forever family for one that some would have called, "The Least Of These.."  It was a profound moment.  One I am honored to have be part of my story..  Our story....

We found "Her Rubiness" that day in a sea of crying babies.  In her hair were two clips, that said "love love."  Avery personal sign that she was truly hand picked to be ours.  You see, that was a phrase Jeff and I had used to sign off with each other for years...  In that hot, crowded room, our hearts were forever changed when our daughter was placed in my arms.  She took my breath away..  Her furrowed brow, and crocodile tears broke our hearts.  They still do today when she is sad.  We saw a tiny glimpse of the sweet and sensitive little girl that we have been trusted with.  She had us both at "NiHao!"   It was the beginning of our forever with Ruby Mei.  She stirred something in us that day..  She taught us that love truly has no boundaries..  She taught us what trust and love can do.  In one single moment, Ruby was an orphan no more..  And, Jeff and I would never be the same..   A blessing that I hope each and everyone of you can experience in some way in your lives.  Stepping out of your comfort zone results in blessings beyond what you could ever pray for!

I am not sure why God called Jeff and I to adoption.  Specifically to China.  But, pieces of the beautiful picture are clear to me.  I am thankful for the way He has used our journey's, especially this first one to stir others to step out in faith too.  We have been stretched and blessed, stretched and blessed over and over again.  The sweetest moments in life happen when we live by faith.

Today I give thanks for one very special little girl.  She is not only beautiful on the outside, but she is tender, loving, caring, and precious on the inside too...  She is sensitive, smart, and so so gifted.  My prayer for Ruby will always be that she walks in the truth, and touches those around her..  That she too steps out in faith with her choices.  Ruby did not choose the path created for her.  God did..  In that, there is peace in knowing that He has a plan for her.  My job, our job, is to guide her along the way!
What an amazing privilege that is!

We love you "Her Rubiness!"  Happy 7 Years of Forever!

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him."
~1Samuel 1:27
(Our adoption life verse while we waited for Ruby Mei)

Love,
Your Blessed Mama





7 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Congratulations on 7 years of wonderfulness! Yahoo!

Paige said...

She is truly such a special little girl!!! I love her to pieces!

snekcip said...

Hadn't been here in blogworld in awhile but what a sweet surprise to see I logged in and saw Sweet Ruby. I love the LOVE, LOVE BARRETTE story. A true sign she destined for your family. Love how God sends precious sign of His presence.

snekcip said...

Came back to say "Wishing you a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY Diana!"

Naomi said...

Has it really been that long? Where has the time gone? I wonder that as we prepare to celebrate five years with Lydia Hope in June!

It is so lovely to catch up with all that God has been doing in your lives. The girls are so beautiful.

Miss my bloggy friends!

Leggio said...

Happy Ruby Day. Such a special and sweet day. I hope you have a very Happy Mother's Day Diana.

3 Peanuts said...

Happy Anniversary of "Ruby Tuesday." I know Ruby is a special little girl and God used her to lead you to Sienna and Emme. What a gift. Enjoy your Mother's Day weekend with your beautiful family, Di!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive