Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Some days are better than others...
First of all, thank you for your sweet messages. What a gift to be lifted up in prayer by all of you. I never knew when we entered into our adoption journey that I would be touched by so many people I may never meet personally. What a priviledge. Thank you!
Secondly, our hearts go out to the familes affected by the bridge accident in Minneapolis. I am a University of Minnesota graduate, and I have traveled along that bridge many times. The hospital that Jeff is at, is only about 10 miles from the accident. When I left tonight the hospital went into code orange status. They were preparing for many victims.
Lastly, I am thankful that Jeff had such a sweet day yesterday with the pearl and the ruby! It made up for the lousy day he had today. We had some setbacks that were just disappointing. The doctors have made the following diagnosis in spite of one test for Lymes that is still pending. Jeff is being treated for "Lymes Disease of the Brain and Spine." As awful as it is, this disease is treatable and we are grateful for that.
These are the times when we depend solely on our faith (and sense of humor) to get us through. Jeff and I have incredible friends that have helped us with the girls. It is getting harder and harder every day for me to hand over Ruby to anyone. She has been doing so well, and I just don't want her to take a step back in her attachment with us. She is incredible! And, Ainsley is being a rock star and helping me by "going with the flow" which is not really Ainsley's style.
I will post again, when we have news of a departure. Until then if you could pray for Jeff. He needs to relax and just be a patient. This disease needs to run its course, and unfortunately that may take a while. Most likely he will be home this weekend now that he has a "Pic" line in for his medication.
Thank you again for your prayers. We will continue to appreciate our good days, and try to patiently wait (sound familiar) for Jeff's health to improve!
Blessings,
Diana
Secondly, our hearts go out to the familes affected by the bridge accident in Minneapolis. I am a University of Minnesota graduate, and I have traveled along that bridge many times. The hospital that Jeff is at, is only about 10 miles from the accident. When I left tonight the hospital went into code orange status. They were preparing for many victims.
Lastly, I am thankful that Jeff had such a sweet day yesterday with the pearl and the ruby! It made up for the lousy day he had today. We had some setbacks that were just disappointing. The doctors have made the following diagnosis in spite of one test for Lymes that is still pending. Jeff is being treated for "Lymes Disease of the Brain and Spine." As awful as it is, this disease is treatable and we are grateful for that.
These are the times when we depend solely on our faith (and sense of humor) to get us through. Jeff and I have incredible friends that have helped us with the girls. It is getting harder and harder every day for me to hand over Ruby to anyone. She has been doing so well, and I just don't want her to take a step back in her attachment with us. She is incredible! And, Ainsley is being a rock star and helping me by "going with the flow" which is not really Ainsley's style.
I will post again, when we have news of a departure. Until then if you could pray for Jeff. He needs to relax and just be a patient. This disease needs to run its course, and unfortunately that may take a while. Most likely he will be home this weekend now that he has a "Pic" line in for his medication.
Thank you again for your prayers. We will continue to appreciate our good days, and try to patiently wait (sound familiar) for Jeff's health to improve!
Blessings,
Diana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
So Long September~1 week ago
-
Our Wedding Rehearsal1 month ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living10 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"12 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-

8 comments:
Diana,
What beautiful photos. Your daughters are gorgeous. And it's wonderful that Ainsley is being so accommodating. You must be very proud.
You are all in my prayers.
Danielle
Thanks for the update, and I will continue to pray! Love these beautiful photos.
Diana,
What a tower of strength you are! I will continue to lift Jeff up in prayer. Your girls a beautiful. I look forward to you posting that Jeff is home where he belongs!
Ladybug hugs,
Debbie
Di,
Your entire family has been on my mind so much and then when I heard about the bridge, my heart dropped even more.
I am sorry it was not a good day for Jeff yesterday but I am glad there is diagnosis. I hope the combo of super antibiotics, prayers by the dozens, and the winning smiles of his three girls will get him out of Abbott and back home.
Sending you many hugs.
Love,
Lisa
Keeping you all in my thoughts and praying Jeff feels better each day.
Thanks for the update. I will continue to pray for you all.
You know I am praying for you all friend. You are very strong!
Love,
Kim
Diana,
You have been heavy in my heart since I found out about Jeff - I had no idea how close you are to the horror that occurred on that bridge - Praise God you are safe. Your girls are beautiful - just beautiful. I wish Jeff more good days. Your strength inspires so many. Thanks so much for providing updates. We continue to pray...
Heather