Friday, September 14, 2007

"Sleep Glorious Sleep!!"



Her Rubiness has earned the title of Sleeping Beauty for the last two nights. The excitement of walking, fresh air, and 4 shots at the doctor yesterday were the magic potion needed to get a little rest around here! One can only hope we have turned the corner, but I will take two nights of un-interupted sleep when I can get it. Don't get me wrong, I love the Ruby dance, but just not in the middle of the night!

We had a great doctor's appt. yesterday. Dr. Vicki used the adjective, "tremendous" to describe what she is seeing in just 4 short months. Ruby is 21# (she was 16.14 when we came home), and tall!!! 30 1/4" and in the 75% for American babies. I would just love it if she was taller than me someday! Ruby showed off some of her walking abilities, smiled like crazy and even verbalized the word "hi" to a passing doctor. I don't know who was more shocked, the doc or the Mom!! As one would expect, she is not a big fan of needles, but thankfully the nurse was quick and Ruby recovered quickly. She was un-impressed with the stickers presented for a job well done!


We are thrilled with Ruby's progress and so thankful that she is growing, eating, and healthy!

I close with a note on my fun coffee this morning. Ruby and I had coffee with my friend Lee and her Daughter E who came home from China in February. Lee and I met through adoption and we had many coffees during our wait for our two precious daughters. What a treat to have them both holding court in Starbucks! Less than one year ago these girls were a world away. One in an orphange and one in a foster home with no idea how there lives would change overnight. And, never could these two very lucky Mom's know how our hearts would be forever changed.


Happy Friday! Praying for lots of beauty sleep around here!


-Diana

10 comments:

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

What beautiful, beautiful pictures :D

I am so glad that little Ruby is growing and healthy! That's wonderful. LiLi is very tall too and nothing would make me happier than for her to be taller than me ;-)

Ladybug hugs,
Debbie

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Happy for you all the way around!

What great news.

Have a happy weekend,
Lisa

Beth said...

Hooray for sleep! Yeah Ruby! Can you believe how cold it has been around here???

Beth

jennifer said...

Yea, sleep!!! Makes for a much happier house. Glad you have had some good nights.

Leslie said...

So glad that you are getting sleep! Sounds like she is doing great, time to put your running shoes on now that she is starting to walk :) Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

What darling sweet little girls you are blessed with!

Hang in there on the sleep issues, you really do learn to appreciate the good night's of sleep!

I sure know the feeling...I have a happy and delightful 2 year old adopted from China and she still struggles with sleeping alone.

Great news on the health report!

Melissa

Sheri said...

So glad to hear you got some sleep! I was so happy to find your website (through Danielle--she just designed one for me) because I'd followed along on your journey to Ruby on "My Adoption Website." When prayer requests for your husband were posted there, I prayed daily for your family. I was thrilled to see the post about him on this website. Hope you have a good, restful weekend.

Lee said...

Oh my, aren't we just the luckiest mamas ever?! It was so lovely to see you and Ruby, and I cannot believe how much she has changed in just over a month.

We definitely need to get together again soon, with both of your girls and our husbands too!

Tracy said...

Awesome about her doctor appt!!

And I love your last paragraph in that post - so sweet.

Tracy

AmyO said...

The girls look so cute & happy! I hope you continue to get some rest ;)

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive