Monday, October 29, 2007

The Family Group Pumpkin Event!







When Jeff and I first relocated to MSP we were blessed to find a church and a small group to join within our first year here. This group has become our extended family. They are an incredible group of people, who put their families first. We have so much respect for our friends in this group. We learn so much from them daily about marriage, parenting, and serving others. When we received Ruby's referral we could not wait to share the good news with each family. In a way, it was their referral too! The gift of their friendships is priceless to us. And, the way they love our girls, like their own, is such a blessing! These are not part-time friends. They are the real deal! When Jeff was sick, my girlfriends here were the ones who cooked, took care of Ruby, helped with laundry, etc... They knew what I needed when I had no clue. We are so grateful that God gave us these amazing friends!

Annually we do two parties with our Family Group. The first one is the pumpkin carving party at our house. This was yesterday, and we all had a great time. In December we do Ginger Bread Houses. It is so fun to see the kids and the parents working together. It get's a little competitive too!

Here are a few photos from yesterday! For Ruby's first Halloween, I carved the Chinese character for faith! Thanks to Sheri for drawing it. I had the easy job of carving!

This afternoon, we are attempting the Christmas Photo of the girls. I will let you know how that goes!!! And, I must answer several of your inquiries about my camera from Friday's post. I didn't get a new one. It is still my Nikon D50. I was just thanking Jeff for it again. I do love it!

Happy Halloween Week! -Di

8 comments:

Kim said...

What sweet pictures. I love the picture with Ruby and her sweet little bare feet. I have to say I am impressed with your pumpkin carving skills...The Chinese character for Faith is AWESOME...I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Kim and my husband and I also adopted from the beautiful country of China. We have a precious son and have been home 4 weeks. We are having so much fun!!..I found your site off of someones site and I think both of your girls are precious. We will be going back to China for a 2nd adoption in the not to far future. I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy your blog. Hope your day is going well.

Kim

Michelle said...

I have been meaning to say hello for a while now. I found your site through the amazing Kimber at 3 Peanuts. Your daughters are both gorgeous and I am inspired by your photography talent. I look forward to seeing your Christmas photo shoot as I plan on doing mine this week, also! Thanks for sharing a little slice of your beautiful life with our little blogger world.

Warmly,
Michelle

3 Peanuts said...

Hi Diana,

I guess my comment did not go through. Looks like a lot of fun. You did a great job with Miss Ruby's pumpkin! Happy Halloween, friend.

Kim

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos!! I love the picture of you with Ainsley...that is so sweet! ...I also LOVE your idea of Ruby and the pumpkin that says faith in Chinese! What an awesome idea!!

That is wonderful that you have such a great Church family!! It is amazing the people that God brings into our lives!

Jodee said...

Ruby looks adorable in her orange shirt and chocolate pants! I also love your "Faith" pumpkin. That was a great idea!

Anonymous said...

When we lived in Illinois we always got together with my sister's in-laws and carved pumkins and would have anywhere from 20 - 30 pumpkins (lots of adults and kids carving) and it was so beautiful to see everyone creation. Since moving to OK, I have only done a few, but alas, our new friends and a new tradition with our S.S. class. Every year we have a wiener roast an this yeas I decided we would carve pumpkins and had a blast. Will have to get pics uploaded to my blog. Thanks for sharing!!!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I am so glad you have such a wonderful group to do fun things with, as well as share the trials and tribulations of life.

Those are some great looking people and pumpkins.

Lots of love,
Lisa

Sheri said...

You are so blessed to have a wonderful group of families that are like family. It looks like everyone had a great time. I love the picture of you and Ainsley together. We have the Nikon D50 also. We got it right before we went to China to get Sarah. Your pictures are so much better than mine -- I think it's not only the camera but the person behind it that make your pictures so great!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive