Thursday, May 8, 2008
Celebrating Ruby Tuesday!

One year ago this beautiful tiny blessing joined our family forever!

Some of our favorite photos of Ruby Mei while in China!

One year later, like the meaning of her name she is Precious & Beautiful!
Excerpt from "Journey to Ruby Mei" Video
For one year now we have replayed "Ruby Tuesday" in our minds. We have walked the steps to the elevator in the Nanchang Civil Affairs Building that took us to our daughter. We have anxiously scanned the room for her. We found her in a sea of babies... The only one with barrettes in her hair that said the word, "love." We have experienced the magic of having one of God's children handed to us by a loving nanny who is saying the words "this is your mama" to her. We have walked in circles on that 26th floor repeating the words "I love you" in Chinese to our new child to ease her grief. We have experienced loving someone so unconditionally that it has consumed us. We have traveled thousands of miles together, and we would repeat it again in a heartbeat to have this precious child complete our family. We have been blessed by this journey!
There are so many things to say, but we think the Chinese said it best in this Ancient Proverb:
"An invisible Red Thread connects those that are destined to meet regardless of time or place. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break."
Ruby Mei, there is no question that you were destined to be our daughter and we were destined to be your family. It has been an amazing year as we have watched you blossom and grow in your trust and amazing love for us. We cherish each day together and the memories that have already been made. We thank God for choosing you for us and us for you!
Happy Ruby Tuesday precious girl! We love you,
Your Mama, Daddy & "A"
P.S: Ruby's Adoption Site has been updated today too.
Labels:
Ruby Tuesday,
Video
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(179)
-
▼
May
(14)
- Random Silliness!
- TULIPS!
- "Cinderella"
- The Summer Cabin Memories Begin...
- The Chapman Family......
- Signs of Spring.... Finally!
- Happy Days are hear again....
- Thankful Thursday!
- Earthquake Relief Fund
- The Pearl's First Piano Recital!!!
- Lucky Mommy!
- Celebrating Ruby Tuesday!
- Destination China - One Year Ago!!
- Thankful Thursday!
-
▼
May
(14)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
-
2008
(179)
- December(23)
- November(20)
- October(18)
- September(15)
- August(10)
- July(13)
- June(10)
-
May(14)
- Random Silliness!
- TULIPS!
- "Cinderella"
- The Summer Cabin Memories Begin...
- The Chapman Family......
- Signs of Spring.... Finally!
- Happy Days are hear again....
- Thankful Thursday!
- Earthquake Relief Fund
- The Pearl's First Piano Recital!!!
- Lucky Mommy!
- Celebrating Ruby Tuesday!
- Destination China - One Year Ago!!
- Thankful Thursday!
- April(13)
- March(10)
- February(19)
- January(14)
- 2007 (91)

25 comments:
Happy gotcha day! I remember reading all about this day last year - gosh, how time flies. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us. God bless.
Hello Di~
I remember how I had such anticipation waiting for the update to finally see Ruby Mei in your arms on Ruby Tuesday. While I wish I could've been there with you, I really did feel like I was. When I finally saw the pictures, that's when the tears began!
I know you love your precious bundle with your entire heart and soul and that she has added so much to your already full life. Today I celebrate the amazing year you've had and look forward to celebrating a lifetime of Ruby Tuesdays with you.
Wo ai ni,
Lisa
New blog looks great, btw.
xoxo,
L
Oh my goodness! TEARS!! What a beautiful way to celebrate Ruby Tuesday! Di, you have done an awesome job capturing the day, and what a day it must have been... she is positively PRECIOUS!!!
Hugs to you all on this special day :)
Dear Ruby Mei~
I am glad we share a special day together.
I love you,
Lindy Li-Xiao
Oh you got me today! That is just precious! You know I love the music so that got me to begin with ;), and then the images, the anticipation,the love, I was reliving it with you all over again! I really need to make a video like that, I don't want to forget anything!
Just beautiful Diana, so glad you have that little darling baby girl! She looks so happy, a perfect fit! Happy 1 Year Gotcha Day!!!!!
Leslie and Myah
Beautiful post, beautiful girl and beautiful family...thank you for sharing. Just put my make up on so I will watch the video tonight!
Your post brought tears to my eyes. The adoption of our daughters has been the most precious gift, I could never have imagined before I entered the world of adoption.
Ruby Mei is so beautiful! She always looks so happy.
Happy One Year with Ruby!
Happy, happy day!! I could not wait for this post - Happy Anniversary to you all -what a blessed day to celebrate.
Ruby is a treasure, precious and beautiful, for sure. Enjoy every moment of reliving those tender first moments.
Love to you!
Heather
Happy Adoption Anniversary!!!!!
Happy Ruby Tuesday! Beautiful Pics! I love the video! Of course it brought the tears.
Love the new blog design too. Have a wonderful weekend together.
Love,
Shauna
Congratulations on your first year as a family of four! Awesome video. Oh, the memories!
Diana,
Happy Forever Family day! This is a such and incredible day to celebrate...the day that you were able to meet and hold and love the angel that God chose for your family.
Thinking of you and sending your family lots of ove on this very special anniversary.
I love the photos and the video. Your family is absolutely beautiful inside and out:)
Love,
Kim and Katie Ru
P.S. Your blog looks beautiful.. This is my favorite look so far.
Happy one year as Ruby's forever family! What a precious gift and blessing to your family. Love your new blog look too!
Rachel
Wow, your blog has a nice wardrobe -- I like this outfit!
Can you even believe it has been a year?! What a lovely tribute to your amazing Ruby Tuesday. And as always, your photos are fabulous.
It was great to see you last week -- let's do it again soon!
Wow!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new look!
But of course, the post about your meeting Ruby Mei is just so special. The photo collages are lovely. What a hapy day for you to look back on...and share with all of us. Conratulations on your Ruby Tuesday anniversary. Enjoy the day with your beautiful girls!!
Happy Forever Family Day! What a beautiful post! You did an excellent job on the video! It brought tears to my eyes!
Happy Forever Family day! Ruby is just precious! I followed your journey on myadoptionwebsite.com last year, so happy to see your family blossom.
Karen
What a great post. I forgot how small she was. Cute as can be. You give me hope.
Oh my goodness! An absolutely beautiful tribute to an absolutely amazing family! I cried from 3:13 on! It is so amazing to me how evident the trust Ruby had for you - so quickly. It was like she knew she was always in your hearts!
Congratulations - one year later!
~Lynn/PA
Oh Diana that was BEAUTIFUL!!
Congratulations on celebrating one year at home with Ruby Mei. You are so blessed.
I'm so glad I had the time to stop by to read this post and see your video.
Congratulations on 1 year! Your family is so sweet...I'm so happy we got to meet during our adoption journey :)
Diana,
How beautiful! Congratulations on the anniversary of such a special day! Can't believe one year has already passed. If only our time waiting had gone so quickly...right?!?
Your video gave me goosebumps! You are so talented! I gave up trying to do it myself and had a professional video editor do it for us. If you have a minute (I know with 2 kids there is no such thing) stop by and check it out. http://finallyafamily.blogspot.com/2008/04/home-moviesonly-much-much-better.html
Take care and have a happy, happy Mother's Day with your precious Ainsley and Ruby!
TJ
Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing!!
Blessings,
Jenn
Beautiful post, and yes - she was truly destined for you. I feel the same way about Charlotte. The wait was perfect in that sense. We were waiting for them. Congrats to your whole family.