Friday, May 2, 2008
Destination China - One Year Ago!!

One year ago today, Jeff and I set out for the trip of a life time, with one goal in mind, to bring our Ruby Mei home. Even to this day we get emotional when we think of the blessings that were poured out on us during our journey. As we prepare to celebrate this amazing time for our family it is fitting to give thanks to all of you who supported us along the way. To those of you who prayed for us, who signed our guest book faithfully, who cared for and loved Ainsley while we were away, to AWAA for orchestrating it all, and finally to God for giving us the patience to wait, and for blessing us beyond what we deserve with our little Jiangxi Jewel!
I hope you will check back on May 8th for our One Year Anniversary of "Ruby Tuesday!"
Blessings,
Diana
Labels:
Ruby Tuesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(179)
-
▼
May
(14)
- Random Silliness!
- TULIPS!
- "Cinderella"
- The Summer Cabin Memories Begin...
- The Chapman Family......
- Signs of Spring.... Finally!
- Happy Days are hear again....
- Thankful Thursday!
- Earthquake Relief Fund
- The Pearl's First Piano Recital!!!
- Lucky Mommy!
- Celebrating Ruby Tuesday!
- Destination China - One Year Ago!!
- Thankful Thursday!
-
▼
May
(14)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
-
2008
(179)
- December(23)
- November(20)
- October(18)
- September(15)
- August(10)
- July(13)
- June(10)
-
May(14)
- Random Silliness!
- TULIPS!
- "Cinderella"
- The Summer Cabin Memories Begin...
- The Chapman Family......
- Signs of Spring.... Finally!
- Happy Days are hear again....
- Thankful Thursday!
- Earthquake Relief Fund
- The Pearl's First Piano Recital!!!
- Lucky Mommy!
- Celebrating Ruby Tuesday!
- Destination China - One Year Ago!!
- Thankful Thursday!
- April(13)
- March(10)
- February(19)
- January(14)
- 2007 (91)

16 comments:
Wow!!! A whole year!! I get so much more emotional now reading blogs knowing what everyone is feeling. We too continue to be so blown away at the Lord's goodness to us!
Ruby Mei is such a doll along with her sister! I know one day she will understand and feel just as blessed as you do!
I know you will be reliving each day the next couple weeks. Can't wait to see your "Ruby Tuesday" post in a few days!
Love, Sharon
I cannot believe it! It seems like yesterday we were contemplating what kinda luggage, clothing, meds, etc....to bring. Will never forget the 1st day we ran into you guys. It felt like we were bumping into old friends. It was such an exciting journey! In some ways wish we could go back. Enjoy your week, reminiscing.
love,
Shauna
Wow, what an exciting time it was one year ago... on your way to Ruby Mei!!
I am sure it seems like forever ago, but also just yesterday :) That Ruby Mei is such a CUTIE!... can't wait to read about the one year anniversary of Ruby Tuesday!
Wow...what a lovely collage. It certainly is wonderful time to remember. Congratulations!
I remember following your journey on myadoptionwebsite - I can't believe it's been a year! What a special time for your family :) Both of your girls are just precious!
This is such a happy time to remember and reflect. Enjoy these moments as you celebrate your time in China and all that you experienced.
So happy for how you've been blessed.
Love,
Lisa
Your journey kept me going at a time when I felt very down about the long wait. It seems like a lifetime ago now, but I will always remember that - and seeing your family grow gave me so much hope. Happy one year!!
Tracy
Wow! I can't believe it has already been a year. I remember following your journey. Ruby is just adorable and you are so blessed!
Love the collage too! Great pictures!
Congrats on 1 year! I'll have to check my calendar cause our 1 year will be coming up late this month too. Our plane got delayed by a day, so when did our trip start?
What a cool layout of pictures! I love the Chinese flag in the center.
Can't wait to read your May 8th post. I can't believe it's been a whole year!
Congratulations on reaching this amazing milestone.
I can't believe it has been a whole year already! I remember waking up and checking in on you every day! Can't wait for your Ruby Tuesday post!
Whew! Double kleenex just thinking about it being one year already -- it brings it back for all of us and our celebrations are still so fresh in my mind.
Praise God for you, Jeff and Ainsley and for sweet Ruby Mei who was always destined to be with you - God is so incredibly good!
We join you as you remember and rejoice with you for what this special milestone means.
Love,
Heather
I can't wait for the anniversary post! I loved following your journey.
I can't believe it's been a year and I'm sure you feel the same. Once we get home it's hard to remember life before they were here! Can't wait to see your next post!
Sandy
I sooo remember following every step of your journey! Congratulations on these wonderful memories!