Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy Days are hear again....






So the song goes when we turn on to the road that leads to our cabin....  "Happy Days are Here Again, we're back up at the lake again, we're back up at the lake again, Happy Days are Here Again...."

"We" (OK - Jeff)  spent the day up north yesterday getting our boats in the water for the boating season to begin.  Not exactly the warmest weekend on record to do it, but the good news is they are in.  We are ready for Memorial Weekend!  

Last year Ruby was so small, and not walking yet.  This year, not only is she walking,  she is willing to wear her life jacket so she can be on the dock with everyone!!   Ainsley passed down the Barbie Fishing Pole to her Friday night!   That pole has seen a lot of fish on it's hook in the past.. I see a lot of fun Daddy/Daughter moments this summer!  

Can't wait to turn onto Crooked Lake Road, and sing our song a lot this summer!


Blessings,
Diana

10 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

Oh, we cannot wait to turn onto Crooked Lake Drive and sing that song!!!!

We love to fish!

Glad you had a nice albeit chilly weekend!

Kim

John & Michelle said...

You all look so happy! Ruby has grown so much! Hope you have a great summer!
Michelle

jennifer said...

Looks awesome! Ya'll are going to have so much fun this summer. I can't wait to see all the pictures.

Tracy said...

You are so blessed to have your lake home away from home :)

Heather said...

Both our girls are fisherwomen too! Looks simply lovely Diana - enjoy a wonderful season of love and laughs at your happy place:)

Heather

AmyO said...

The lake looks great! I miss not having my grandparents' cabins. It was a fun getaway on weekends.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family!!!! I can not wait to read through your blog.

have a blessed night,

Krista

Annette said...

Oh how I long for a cabin to get away to... I remember that as a child. Your girls look so happy and they have the most adorable smiles!

Rachel said...

What beautiful pictures! You are so lucky to have those gorgeous lakes nearby. I guess it is earned by the Minnesota winter!

I love the pics of the girls fishing (from a girl who never went fishing until she was 30).

Rachl

Leslie said...

I knew we would have alot in common, us northern girls love to fish!
I swear the picture on your dock looks as if you were standing on my parents dock, I had to take a second look!
Be prepared to lose a few poles this year, we did with Miss Myah!
Can't wait to see pictures of the Big One!!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive