Sunday, May 11, 2008
The Pearl's First Piano Recital!!!

Jeff and I were so proud of Ainsley yesterday! She had her first piano recital and she did such a wonderful job! It was a life lesson in practice makes perfect! She had worked very hard for this day, and she was prepared! But, we were most proud of was how flexible she was. She was nervous before the concert started. She was slated to be the 4th performer. Well, at "curtain" time, she ended up being the first performer. As her name was called she walked up to the stage, and said "hi" my name is Ainsley and I will be playing "Follow the Rainbow, and Honey Bee March." She had practiced these two pieces in this order. However, her teacher opened her book (which was there just-in-case) and turned the page to her second song. Like a pro she did not skip a beat. She played the second song first, and it was flawless. During the applause, she turned to me with the biggest smile that I will never forget! She went on to play "Follow the Rainbow" beautifully!!!! Ruby happily watched her sister with a sucker in her mouth in the arms of Aunt Bop! It was a wonderful morning, and just another example of why I love this girl so much!!!!
I have had a wonderful Mother's Day!! My weekend even included a date with the other Ruby in the family, Jeff!!! It was so much fun to go out to dinner and a movie! We think the last movie we saw together, was almost two years ago. Definitely, pre-Her Rubiness!!!
I hope you are all celebrating with your kiddos, or dreaming about your first Mother's Day with the tiny gift that will someday be revealed to you! Last year, I celebrated Mother's Day in China with a much needed Starbucks run in Guangzhou!!
Blessings,
Diana
Labels:
Ainsley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(179)
-
▼
May
(14)
- Random Silliness!
- TULIPS!
- "Cinderella"
- The Summer Cabin Memories Begin...
- The Chapman Family......
- Signs of Spring.... Finally!
- Happy Days are hear again....
- Thankful Thursday!
- Earthquake Relief Fund
- The Pearl's First Piano Recital!!!
- Lucky Mommy!
- Celebrating Ruby Tuesday!
- Destination China - One Year Ago!!
- Thankful Thursday!
-
▼
May
(14)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
So Long September~1 week ago
-
Our Wedding Rehearsal1 month ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living10 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"12 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
-
2008
(179)
- December(23)
- November(20)
- October(18)
- September(15)
- August(10)
- July(13)
- June(10)
-
May(14)
- Random Silliness!
- TULIPS!
- "Cinderella"
- The Summer Cabin Memories Begin...
- The Chapman Family......
- Signs of Spring.... Finally!
- Happy Days are hear again....
- Thankful Thursday!
- Earthquake Relief Fund
- The Pearl's First Piano Recital!!!
- Lucky Mommy!
- Celebrating Ruby Tuesday!
- Destination China - One Year Ago!!
- Thankful Thursday!
- April(13)
- March(10)
- February(19)
- January(14)
- 2007 (91)

10 comments:
Hey Diana,
I have shared a lot with you in the past months about the inspiration your family has been for me. I thought I would just give you my blog information so you could read if you want to. It is http://prayingforamiracle-molly.blogspot.com Thank you for continuing to inspire me to hold on to hope and trust in God through our journey.
Molly
What a great post. Great job Ainsley!!! I remember those piano recital days.
Glad you had a great Mothers Day!!
Di~
How exciting and how proud you must be of sweet Ainsley. She looks beautiful and I am so happy she did such a spectacular job and was so flexible. She truly has grown so much this year.
I am so happy you and Jeff had some alone time this weekend to reconnect. What movie did you see???
Glad it was a happy weekend!
Love you,
Lis
Wow -- what a pro -- that she could handle all that with no problem! She looks adorable at the piano! Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day!
Janet
Ainsley looks adorable at the piano. I am sure you were so proud of her. I am glad you had such a nice Mother's Day! HUgs,
Kim
I left a comment but not sure it went through...Ainsley looks so good at the piano. I am sure you were very proud of her!!! I am glad that you had a great Mother's Day weekend.
Kim
OH, she is just so beautiful. That smile says it all!
Oh, that smile says it all- she is just precious!!
Hi there, friend. Happy Mother's day! I love the pictures of Ainsley's recital, what a lovely young lady - she is just stunning!
I have to ask you a question, we have a Target catalog and Emily is convinced the little girl holding Hannah Montana is Ainsley - it does look remarkably like her - is it your sweet beauty? I would have emailed you but I don't have your email.
Wishing you a beautiful week:)
Love,
Heather
And proud you should be! To roll w/ the punches as she did..wow! Congrats! :)