Thursday, June 17, 2010
She Is Doing Great..... Now!
We are thankfully and happily done!!! It was a really hard day for our precious girl! And for those of you who have been there with your children, you know it was a hard day for the parents (and Grandma) too! But, by about 4:00 the pain started to subside, and the soup stayed down, and our "Spicy Girl" was smiling again. Today took me back to China on so many levels. She was so scared, hurt and mad after surgery. But, the difference was, that she new who her Mama was.. And, it was me that she wanted to help her.. To hold her.. To surrender it all on. What a blessing to be here... on this end... three months later.
The wonderful news is that the surgery went well! Dr. King came out of the OR to find me and gave me the thumbs up... You see, we had been praying that we could keep her top teeth, and that he would be able to cap them. And, he did! And, he did a beautiful job! Unfortunately, Sienna had two molars on the bottom that needed to be pulled. This is where all of her pain was today. She has some new hardware on the bottom, just for preventative reasons.
I look forward to sharing her new pearly white smile with you soon! She has promised me a photo shoot!
Thank you for your prayers! Once again, God has faithfully been there by protecting our child. And, we are so grateful!
If she ever goes to bed, the "tooth fairy" may come for a visit tonight!
Blessings,
Labels:
Medical,
Sienna Grace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(182)
-
▼
June
(16)
- Thank you Bridget and Lucy!!
- We Can't Wait!!!!
- Thanks Mom!!!
- She Got Her Ears Pierced!
- Daddy and His Girls!!
- Happy Father's Day Jeff!
- So Much To Smile About Today!
- She Is Doing Great..... Now!
- Surgery Eve...
- The GRACE in Sienna!
- Ainsley's Birthday Party!
- Happy Birthday Ainsley!!
- KY Trip!
- Ice Cream Truck Thursdays!!
- Minnesota Girl!
- Actions Please!!
-
▼
June
(16)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
So Long September~1 week ago
-
Our Wedding Rehearsal1 month ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living10 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"12 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
-
2010
(182)
- December(18)
- November(12)
- October(9)
- September(15)
- August(12)
- July(16)
-
June(16)
- Thank you Bridget and Lucy!!
- We Can't Wait!!!!
- Thanks Mom!!!
- She Got Her Ears Pierced!
- Daddy and His Girls!!
- Happy Father's Day Jeff!
- So Much To Smile About Today!
- She Is Doing Great..... Now!
- Surgery Eve...
- The GRACE in Sienna!
- Ainsley's Birthday Party!
- Happy Birthday Ainsley!!
- KY Trip!
- Ice Cream Truck Thursdays!!
- Minnesota Girl!
- Actions Please!!
- May(13)
- April(16)
- March(27)
- February(10)
- January(18)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)

17 comments:
I am SO SO glad she is so much better. They always get queasy and sick from the anesthesia. I should have told you that. All 3 of mine have puked from it and I am sure Will will next week too. I cannot wait to see her pearly whites.
You, my friend deserve a little break this weekend. Maybe Mr. Jef will take all 3 for a trip to the zoo so you have a few hours alone. I am sure you need a good night sleep:)
Love you.
Kim
This is great news. I am so glad it went well and that it is over.
I'm so happy it's over! What a difference a few months can make!! Amazing! I can't wait to see her new smile! Hope you all get a good night's sleep!
Love you!!
Glad to hear things went well AND that you were there to comfort her! :) I'm thinking the tooth fairy needs to make a pretty big visit!
So glad to hear your daughter is doing well!! Em had dental surgery and it was NOT fun for anyone... Glad she is smiling!
She's my hero! Thanks be to God for his hands in that O.R. today! Great job Sienna! You are going to enjoy hot and cold foods in a whole new way now that your teeth are all better! Have a wonderful week, praying you get some much deserved rest! Mary in ~ Arizona ~
Wonderful news. She is a trooper!!
So glad she came through the surgery and that her pain is subsiding.
And, that she wanted mamma for comfort. God is good!
Thanks for the update. I know what a hard day for everyone...but also glad that she was able to look to her Mama for comfort!! Have a great weekend Diana~
So glad all went well- been thinking about you and praying for that precious little girl!! keep us posted.
emily
I have been praying for Sienna and for you! I'm so thankful to hear the good news. God is so faithful and His grace shines through every post you write!
So happy to hear all went well and that Sienna is recuperating nicely!
Can't wait to see those pearly whites :-)
Sooo happy to hear this!!! Unfortunately, I do know how hard it is to see our children go through this. KM has had to be "put under" 6 times in the last 1.5 years! I HATE it!! She has a nose surgery this fall, and then she should be done for a long while. I can't wait to get that behind us!
Can't wait to see pics of Sienna with her new teeth! Although I cannot imagine her smile to be any more beautiful or brighter than it has been!
Blessings,
Jenn
I think the "tooth fairy" might need to leave abouta Grand for this one Mama!
I'm so glad to read the update and that Sienna wanted her Mama for love and comfort.
Wonderful news that her teeth could be capped!
Looking forward to pearly white photos! :)
So thrilled to hear she is doing well. Been thinking of all of you and keeping you and Sienna in our prayers. Thanks for keeping us updated!
Praise God!!!! Was praying all day .. so glad things went well. I hate the post-surgery issues!
Love to you,
Debbie
Bless you all! So thankful it went just as you hoped. God is so good!!!
Blessings!