Friday, June 25, 2010
Thanks Mom!!!
What I never mentioned during Sienna's big week last week was that Jeff was not here. He had a meeting in LAX that unfortunately could not be missed. As much as we missed him, and he hated not being here for Sienna (and me), we understood. Thanks to text messages and calls I was able to give him the play by play during "Transfusion Tuesday" and her surgery. Sienna wanted Jeff to know when she got poked, and what was going on at all times... So sweet!
I owe a huge thank you to my Mom who flew in from Texas to be with me. She did countless loads of laundry, and anything else to keep the house going why I was busy with the girls. She also witnessed her daughter stressed, tired, and not so patient some nights... I am grateful she seemed to look past it all, and just helped keep me (and my life) together. She was even there to hold my hand when we met with the anesthesia team to put Sienna to sleep. One of the hardest things I have ever done...




So, I guess the moral of this post is that you are never too old to need your Mom! Thanks Mom for being there every step of the way last week. Hopefully, we can have some fun on your next visit!
I was able to get these precious photos with her granddaughters before she left! I love them all!
Blessings,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(182)
-
▼
June
(16)
- Thank you Bridget and Lucy!!
- We Can't Wait!!!!
- Thanks Mom!!!
- She Got Her Ears Pierced!
- Daddy and His Girls!!
- Happy Father's Day Jeff!
- So Much To Smile About Today!
- She Is Doing Great..... Now!
- Surgery Eve...
- The GRACE in Sienna!
- Ainsley's Birthday Party!
- Happy Birthday Ainsley!!
- KY Trip!
- Ice Cream Truck Thursdays!!
- Minnesota Girl!
- Actions Please!!
-
▼
June
(16)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
-
2010
(182)
- December(18)
- November(12)
- October(9)
- September(15)
- August(12)
- July(16)
-
June(16)
- Thank you Bridget and Lucy!!
- We Can't Wait!!!!
- Thanks Mom!!!
- She Got Her Ears Pierced!
- Daddy and His Girls!!
- Happy Father's Day Jeff!
- So Much To Smile About Today!
- She Is Doing Great..... Now!
- Surgery Eve...
- The GRACE in Sienna!
- Ainsley's Birthday Party!
- Happy Birthday Ainsley!!
- KY Trip!
- Ice Cream Truck Thursdays!!
- Minnesota Girl!
- Actions Please!!
- May(13)
- April(16)
- March(27)
- February(10)
- January(18)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)

13 comments:
Wonderful photos! I especially l.o.v.e that first one.
"Never too old for our mothers" - so true!
A beautiful grandmom
A beautiful mom
Three beautiful girls!
I think that is beautiful and we are never to old to need our moms!!! :)
gorgeous photos Diana! So wonderful your Mom was there to help.
Moms are the best! Love these photos...they're great!!
Beautiful photos! So wonderful she was there to support you.
Amazing how much you look like her!!!
Awww what a sweet post!! Your mom is beautiful!!
What a sweet tribute to your mom! The girls look wonderful and Siena's smile is just beautiful!! I'm glad thing went well:)
WOW! The photos are priceless and you are so right ... I am counting down the days to see my Mom ... thank goodness we never outgrow the need for our Moms!
Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
Kim
So glad your mom was able to help you out last week!!
And you are correct...
We {moms} are never too *old* for our moms!!! :)
the photos are gorgeous!!
They are beautiful, beautiful shots, Di!!!! I am so glad your Mom was there to help out. It is SO hard when the anesthesiologist wheels them away...Oh my. Glad someone who loves you was there to hold your hand.
What a wonderful post Diana. I'm sure it means a lot to your mom. I think we all need to say thank you to our moms more often. Hope you are well. I enjoy keeping up with you and your beautiful girls through your blog. Take care.
sniff...sniff - :)
What a sweet mom, and what wonderful pictures!!