Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Photo Shoot with Ruby!

Our baby is turning 4 on Saturday!!!! She has been so patient while she has waited for it to be her turn to celebrate! Today she indulged me with a Mommy/Daughter Photo Shoot! When she is in to it, she is so fun to take pictures of.... It started out rough... I think I walked towards the car twice... But, after some talk about ice cream if she cooperated, her precious smile lit up my camera.

Ruby is blossoming in to such a special little girl! She has been stretched (like her Mama) in the last few months. It has been a hard transition to share her world with Sienna. While there have been some dramatic moments, she has done so well. Her heart has grown by adding a sister to her life. Ruby may be the baby, but she is not a pushover. She can be known as "Little Miss Bossy" around here! A born leader I think is another way to put that!

Jeff and I love to just watch Ruby. She never walks. She seriously skips from here to there. It seems that rarely are both of her feet on the ground. She was born to be an athlete. I asked her which sport I would be watching her at in the Olympics one day. She said, Tennis, Skating, or Soccer... Since she has never done any of these, it will be fun to see where she lands.. Everyone says she has a gymnasts body... Perhaps... All I know is that whatever Ruby decides to do, she will do with enthusiasm!! And, if it involves teammates, she will be the loudest cheerleader on the sidelines!! It is going to be fun to watch Ruby's interests evolve.

Ruby loves to draw me pictures.. She has such a sweet heart. She is the first one to say, "Have a good day", or "have fun!" when we leave her. She loves to help when she can. Right now, she loves helping her Daddy in the garden or me in the kitchen. She is always up for something to do. Sienna has become her buddy, and her side kick which is so fun to watch... Their precious friendship is evolving daily... A very special thing to witness!

Ruby lives life big. I have said before, her highs are high, and her lows are loud! It is not a secret when Ruby is un-happy! We always tell her, God made her so cute for a reason!!

Our little girl does have a few vices in her life.... Her number one love after her family, is her pink blanket! It has traveled great distances with Ruby, and next to Lucy and Sienna it is her BFF! She loves TV, and would watch it all day if she didn't have such a "mean" mom! She likes "smart shows" like "Word World"! But, give her a fix of "Max & Ruby" and she is a happy girl! She loves Princesses, reading stories, learning about Jesus, pretending, going to school, singing, riding her bike or scooter, and playing whatever game Ainsley has come up with!

Ruby does not stop long to ponder things.. She is not moody or sad very often.... She hates being in trouble... She is just loud when she is unhappy. But, it doesn't usually last long... She has such a forgiving heart. And, we have seen her ability to forgive a great deal since Sienna joined her life....

Ruby is our silly one! She has a funny giggle, and a smile that makes her eyes twinkle.. She is mischievous too... We got the whole package with Her Rubiness!

Ruby has brought us so much joy... We know that God has special plans for this precious little girl!

Happy Birthday Ruby Mei! You are LOVED beyond measure!

Love,
Mommy

22 comments:

Cindy M said...

What darling photos! I absolutely LOVE that first close-up in the pink dress!! I love her personality...it just shines through in her pictures. And I've always loved her name! It just suits her so!

sweet momma luv u said...

Beautiful photos Di! She is so adorable and has such a gorgeous smile and laugh. She made me giggle just with her expressions.

Love the beauty of your girls. You are doing such a fantastic job raising them. You are a special mommy!!
Happy Birthday Ruby!! You are extra special. I hope one day to meet you as I have meet your sisters.


Hugs,
Jody

redmaryjanes said...

Wow! Those are great photos! Fabulous!
She is truly darling.

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

What a beautiful post and photos of sweet Ruby! She is such a beauty and know has had to give and take a lot with her new sister. What a wonderful tribute to you as a mom to see such a lovely little girl looking back at you. Blessed beyond belief!!! Hope she has the best birthday ever!!! Can't wait to see!!!

Love Being A Nonny said...

I love *Her highs are high and her lows are loud!* Never heard it put like that!!:)

Do you have some special pictures with her and her pink blanket?

Happy Birthday to your Ruby. She has the BEST hair and is GORGEOUS! That smile lights up a room. What a blessing!

snekcip said...

Ruby you are just too precious for words!!! Your personality just jumps off of these pictures!! You did an excellent job for these pics beautiful girl!!! I know you got a great big helping of ICE CREAM!! Sending you Happy Birthday wishes sweetheart!!!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh what a sweet and loving description of Miss Ruby Mei! We love her so much and wish her the BEST birthday!!!!!

All of your photos are great but I LOVE the 3rd photo---it captures her:)

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Robin said...

Beautiful pictures! It's hard to believe both of our girls will be four! Seems like just yesterday we brought these precious little ones home. Isn't it amazing how God has blessed us even more!

Hugs,
Robin

The Oswalds said...

Happy Birthday, Beautiful Ruby! You are a joy to so many! I hope your day & weekend are perfectly perfect, full of joy & giggles & sparkly things.

Hugs,
from the Oswalds

Bridget said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to one of our favorite girls in the whole wide world!! Your words describe Ruby to a tee. She brightens a room when she walks in! She's one you can never forget! We are so glad we know her and Lucy couldn't ask for a better BFF!! We hope she has a GREAT Birthday weekend! We wish we were there to celebrate! Know that we are thinking about you - and I think we will have to have a cupcake in your honor!!!

Miss you and love you Ruby Mei!!!!

xoxo

Miss B, Mr. Rich and of course Lucy!

ps - LOVE all of the pics!!!

Jodee said...

Happy birthday to your sweet and silly girl! She couldn't be any cuter! These pictures are just adorable and I love, love, love the length of her hair right now!

Kim said...

Oh my! What a precious post. And the photos are simply incredible. Happy Birthday to your Princess Ruby!

runninggal said...

Great post! Ruby is a gem!!! Great photos too!

Happy Birthday Ruby!! Hope you have an awesome day!!!

fleur de lis cottage said...

These are the best photos of Miss Ruby!!! Hope she has a terrific birthday!

Big Happy Family said...

Very sweet post Diana. Your pictures are beautiful.
What a perfect, from the heart description of Ruby.
Made our day!
J and C

Judi said...

Beautiful pictures! Happy Birthday, Ruby!

Shower of blessings! said...

Happy 4th birthday Ruby! Have lots of fun on your special day!!! The pictures are all beautiful. Time flies, Diana! Blessings.

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl!!! It has been a pleasure to watch you grow and get to know you over the last 3 plus years!!!!

Everytime we go to TJMAXX...Hudson brings up Max and Ruby and we talk about our sweet friend Ruby in MN...

Leslie said...

I am catching up with your posts here! Happy Birthday to your two little darlings!!! Could they be any more precious? Give them big hugs from Myah and I !!!! I just celebrated my 40th on Friday and my mom's was the 22nd. July must be a big month for both of our families!!! Have fun celebrating! Way to go Ainsley on the waterskiing, that is not easy!!!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday to sweet Ruby Mei!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday to sweet Ruby Mei!

TanyaLea said...

Oh Di~ You do such a WONDERFUL job of highlighting your children and bringing them to full life. Not just through your GORGEOUS photograpy, but also through your words! Ruby is blessed to have you, as you are to have her! God is GOOD!! <><

I loved how you said that her 'lows are loud'...Khloe is the SAME way! I thought you were describing my daughter when you wrote that. Yet , like Ruby, she has a forgiving heart and moves along rather quickly. She has much love to share and is a michievous bundle of energy. God has truly blessed us both beyond measure! And what a delight it is to see your girls blossoming and growing in friendship and love.

Happy 4th Birthday,
Sweet Princess Ruby Mei!!!! :)

Love and Hugs,
~ Tanya

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive