Friday, July 9, 2010
A Special Tribute...

In November Jeff and I found ourselves grieving with a special friend of ours over the loss of her precious husband and son. They were killed tragically in a car accident on a beautiful Sunday morning. In one instant, Christine's family was taken from her. I am not posting this here to make you sad.. But, to share with you a very special story...
I remember praying as I was walking into the funeral home for words to comfort her.. That somehow the Holy Spirit would just take over that night. What I saw was a beautiful mother and wife, that God had given the grace to get through this awful tragedy. You see, long ago God gave Christine an inner strength that would allow her to survive this. He also gave her a strong faith, along with an incredible group of friends and family who love her beyond words. What I am seeing now is a woman who will tell you she is the lucky one... She was adored by her husband, and her precious son. Even though it was a short time together, it was beyond special! The way it is supposed to be. A marriage full of love and respect and joy over just being together!
I tell you this story today because Christine has chosen to live... She has also chosen to make something good out of this... She has also allowed others to help her! On August 18th, the first annual Jim and Jude Memorial Golf Tournament is being played to honor her family! And, the funds raised are going to build a play ground at Jude's pre-school, and to the amazing St. Jude's Children's Hospital Foundation. I will be playing golf at this tournament. I know it is going to be an amazing day!
They will be having a silent auction at this event... And, here is where you all come in.. I know I have some very talented blog readers... IF you feel led to donate an item to help raise money for this special event, please contact me at dijorouse@yahoo.com.
Perhaps, this post can be a reminder to cherish the ones we love, belt into car seats, and kiss goodnight! I urge you to read Christine's testimony about the loves of her life! You can read their story here!
Blessings for a safe and happy weekend!
~Diana
Labels:
Christine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(182)
-
▼
July
(16)
- A Photo Shoot with Ruby!
- Can you help some precious children today?
- Wordless Wednesday!!
- A Big Sunday for Ainsley!!
- Sienna's Birthday!
- Happy 5th Birthday Sienna Grace!
- Two Birthdays At Our House Today!
- For All our Texas Friends and Family!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Summer Days...
- Sienna Update...
- A Special Tribute...
- Wordless Wednesday!
- 4th Of July!
- Beach Day in Pictures!
- A Long Way From Hengshan...
-
▼
July
(16)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
-
2010
(182)
- December(18)
- November(12)
- October(9)
- September(15)
- August(12)
-
July(16)
- A Photo Shoot with Ruby!
- Can you help some precious children today?
- Wordless Wednesday!!
- A Big Sunday for Ainsley!!
- Sienna's Birthday!
- Happy 5th Birthday Sienna Grace!
- Two Birthdays At Our House Today!
- For All our Texas Friends and Family!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Summer Days...
- Sienna Update...
- A Special Tribute...
- Wordless Wednesday!
- 4th Of July!
- Beach Day in Pictures!
- A Long Way From Hengshan...
- June(16)
- May(13)
- April(16)
- March(27)
- February(10)
- January(18)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)

6 comments:
What an incredible story of strength and faith. I wish I had something to offer up, but only have prayers for her continued ability to move forward and now help others.
I went and read her story...so sad. I can't even imagine. What a wonderful testimony and attitude she has. I wish I was talented enough to make something.
Looks like they might be able to stop the oil this weekend. Crossing my fingers. Don't know if it will help us, though.
Would love to make a necklace for the auction!! I will email you!! Just sitting here with tears in my eyes wondering if I could be that strong??? What an amazing women she is!!!!
Diane - I would love to donate something from my shop. Most often for auctions, I do a gift certificate for a note pad/stationery set since all my items are personalized. Please email me: melissacaligiuri@gmail.com
My prayers are with you dear friend, Christine and God's continued blessing to you!
Hi Diane,
I found your blog by accident--mostly because of the name, I'm sure, but I enjoyed visiting and seeing your sweet girls. This story, however, broke my heart. If it's not too late, I'd like to offer a piece of jewelry from my Etsy shop, Southern Baubelles. The address is SouthernBaubelles.etsy.com. Please take a look; if it's not too late to make the donation and if you think a piece would be good for the auction, you can send me a message through Etsy (or here, of course) and we can iron out the particulars and amount, etc. Bless you!
Oh my. God bless her!