Thursday, November 25, 2010
Thankful Thanksgiving!
One year ago at this time we had just received our "Letter of Acceptance" from the CCAA to adopt She Xia Chang. It was an exciting time for our family as we anticipated the arrival of Sienna Grace.
One year later, on a snowy and cold morning I give thanks for the way God chose to make our family. When Jeff and I got married we had never even discussed adoption. God clearly had other plans for our lives, and we could not be more grateful. It has changed us from the inside.. Our family and friends too. It has given truth to the Bible Verse where God asks us to take care of orphans. However, to me when I look at Sienna and Ruby I don't see orphans. I see two beautiful children that were born to adversity, but they were born to be mine. They are my daughters. I would do anything to keep them safe and to help them feel secure. A life long commitment. A gift from a Father who loves them abundantly.
I have been working on the Holiday card for Pearl River this week. On it there are 19 little faces starting at me. 19 little people that do not have a forever home to celebrate and give thanks in today. It pulls at my heart. I am grateful for the work I get to do to hopefully make a difference. I wish they could all be around our table today.
Today I give thanks for a husband who loves me, who works hard to provide, who puts his family first and who has grown so much in the eleven years we have been together. He is another gift to me.
Today I give thanks for the three sisters that are snuggled in their beds as I write. Parenting is the hardest thing I have ever done. As one Mom said to me last week, being a mother has deepened my faith. It has caused me to look at me deeper. (Not always so flattering by the way!) Children are truly a gift from the Lord used to sharpen us, to teach us, to mold us to be more like Him.
Today I am thankful for the friends God has given to me. I am thankful for conversations that go below the surface. I am thankful for these beautiful friends that share their hearts with me. Who have taught me more than I will ever teach them. For women who inspire me to be better!
Today I am thankful for the family that raised me. For two parents that are still here at 83 and 78. For the example they set, and for the way they have always sacrificed self to help others. I pray I can pass on this legacy to my girls.
I guess Thanksgiving would not be Thanksgiving if we did not pause to count our blessings, small and big. I pray you have a blessed day!
"There in the presence of the Lord your God, you and your families shall eat and shall rejoice in everything you have put your hand to, because the Lord your God has blessed you." ~Deuteronomy 12:7

Labels:
Family,
Sisters,
Thankful Thursday,
Thanksgiving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(182)
-
▼
November
(12)
- Decking the Halls!
- Thankful Thanksgiving!
- Just a Tender Story about Two Sisters....
- {Black and White Wednesday} Fabulous Fundraiser!
- Sienna's Dedication Day!
- Sienna and Shaelee - Share a Snow Day!
- Wordless Saturday!
- The Pearl's First Uniform!
- Bridget has Kit!!!!
- Getting Her Ready for Winter!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Halloween 2010!
-
▼
November
(12)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
-
2010
(182)
- December(18)
-
November(12)
- Decking the Halls!
- Thankful Thanksgiving!
- Just a Tender Story about Two Sisters....
- {Black and White Wednesday} Fabulous Fundraiser!
- Sienna's Dedication Day!
- Sienna and Shaelee - Share a Snow Day!
- Wordless Saturday!
- The Pearl's First Uniform!
- Bridget has Kit!!!!
- Getting Her Ready for Winter!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Halloween 2010!
- October(9)
- September(15)
- August(12)
- July(16)
- June(16)
- May(13)
- April(16)
- March(27)
- February(10)
- January(18)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)


12 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving to you sweet friend!!! Very blessed to 'know' you. :)
Blessings!
WHat a beautiful post!!! You have so much to be thankful for. He blesses you daily.
I laid in bed this morning thinking and praying about all the very things you write here. I too am thankful for them to the depths of my soul.
Thank you for being such an incredible friend and role model of faith for me. Love you.
Happy Thanksgiving to your whole family. I love them all!!!
Happy Thanksgiving! Very nice post. I am so thankful to be just 10 days from leaving to get our little addition and so thankful that God's plan for our life and family are so much better than our own ever couldv'e been.
I am thankful for you!
What a wonderful post!!
I spent alot of time thinking about how different our lives are today than they were last year. What a difference a year makes!!
Love you!
Happy Thanksgiving Siana to you and your family. I so love stopping in a reading your posts...they are beautiful!!
Kathie
Diana~ This was SO beautifully written! I cherish so many of the very same things you do. It has been an honor to follow along and walk with you over the past couple of years as you began the journey to you 3rd daughter. And even neater, to see the path that God Himself lit for you to walk. Your faithfulness has brought you to this beautiful place in life, and you are right...it is very blessed and so much to be grateful for! <><
Happy Thanksgiving and may you and your BEAUTIFUL family have a wonderful Christmas Season together as a family of five!!
love you,
~Tanya
We also felt the overwhelming gratitude for the change in our family since last Thanksgiving. What an inspiring post. Happy Thanksgiving!
Beatiful post! Motherhood is an incredible journey. It is both joyful and difficult but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Nothing has ever taught me more...about my children, about love, and about me. They are much of my inspiration.
You have a beautiful family and they have a beautiful wife and mother. I wish you all a wonderful holiday.
Happy Thanksgiving Di!!! I have been so behind but caught up on your blog this morning...SWEET sister story! Happy Dedication Day to Sienna! LOVE the snow!!! and as always, beautiful pictures!!!
Happy Thankgsiving...I'm a few days late but it's wonderful to read this post and share in all that you are thankful for.
I love your photos!
Your post is beautiful, what an amazing family that you are...
2 very special parents and 3 beautiful girls. You are so eloquent and thoughtful Diana, thank you for sharing.
What a difference a year makes or even a month makes:) I'm thankful for many things my friend but close to the top is you and your friendship your guidance,support,friendship and love that made our family extra thankful this year as well as extra abundant!! Happy Happy!!