On A Happier Note....
I think it is time for me to write something that doesn't make me cry or you cry! Thank you again for all of your sweet messages. I am blessed!
Well... Today we had our Social Worker visit for Sienna's 1 year post placement. It is due March 1st in China, so we were getting it checked off the never ending "to due" list. It was a great visit. The last time Ava saw Sienna was in late June. So much has happened in her life since then. Today Ava saw a well adjusted, happy, healthy and articulate little girl coloring with her sister and playing lego's on the floor. She has even grown 2"! I was able to share with Ava the great news we had on Friday. Sienna's Hemoglobin levels are still NORMAL!!! Three months post surgery! It truly is a miracle. Dr. Steve admitted he was surprised at the number! AND, he does not want to see us for six months!!! God Rocks!
So, when you do any type of update for China they want pictures. One must be a family photo! Since I did not think China was looking for a photo of us with Santa, I called in "Camp H" to help. Liz snapped these in about 30 seconds after church on Sunday. The girls were so good! They knew their grieving Mama didn't have the energy for any family photo drama!.. I think Liz took 12 pictures, and everyone of them looks the same!!! So, I finally have a family photo. and so will the the CCAA, (China Center of Adoption Affairs!)
Poor Jeff has to leave sunny and warm Southern California tomorrow and return to the frozen tundra.. I believe I heard the words "40-Below windchill for tomorrow night!" Should I believe him if he calls and says his flight is cancelled? Seriously... Why do we live here? Summer seems like a very long time away right now!
So, I am thankful today for my wonderful husband, awesome friends and family who have checked in on me, and my blog pals with their notes of comfort. Thanks to my sweet friend Sherri for the sweetest book called, "Dog Heaven" that I received today! And, I am thankful for an amazing, almost one year of milestones, with Sienna Grace and her sisters. Lastly, I am thankful for a pic with me in it, so my children can remember that they had a mom one day!! (Even if her eyes were puffy!)
More soon! If I survive the cold!!

Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(205)
-
▼
January
(15)
- Just One Month Ago...
- Our New Daughter In PRECIOUS Pictures!
- B&W Wednesday {The Big Sister}
- Chow Chow Needs a Name!!!
- She is 2.5 Today!
- On A Happier Note....
- Wordless Wednesday
- A Tender Talk with Sienna...
- Caymus - Saying Goodbye Is So Hard...
- Princess Nighties!!!
- Ruby's interpretation of Isaiah 34-35!
- Ruby Mei - 2010 in Pictures!
- To China and Back with Sienna Grace in 2010!
- Looking Back at the Pearl in 2010!
- Some Favorite Pics from 2010!
-
▼
January
(15)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
-
2011
(205)
- December(26)
- November(12)
- October(19)
- September(14)
- August(30)
- July(13)
- June(11)
- May(17)
- April(14)
- March(19)
- February(15)
-
January(15)
- Just One Month Ago...
- Our New Daughter In PRECIOUS Pictures!
- B&W Wednesday {The Big Sister}
- Chow Chow Needs a Name!!!
- She is 2.5 Today!
- On A Happier Note....
- Wordless Wednesday
- A Tender Talk with Sienna...
- Caymus - Saying Goodbye Is So Hard...
- Princess Nighties!!!
- Ruby's interpretation of Isaiah 34-35!
- Ruby Mei - 2010 in Pictures!
- To China and Back with Sienna Grace in 2010!
- Looking Back at the Pearl in 2010!
- Some Favorite Pics from 2010!
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)



29 comments:
Wonderful pictures. You are trully blessed (as am I) with three wonderful daughters. I thank god everyday for my three daughters. I am really sorry for your loss of your dear sweet dog. It is trully hard to lose a beloved friend and pet. However, I share your belief that one day you will see your sweet dog again.
Take care and my adivce (because I live in the tundra too and actually have to plug my car into an electrical outlet to prevent it from the engine from freezing) is to wear lots and lots of layers.
LOL..it really is cold...and the amount of snow...crazy..
Take care.
Seriously adorable. It is a blessing to have these photos. The bright cheerful colors are amazing against the snow. So sorry for the loss of your dog. I know the importance of our furry friends.
Too bad you weren't looking for a Christmas card picture, cause that would have been GREAT! I love all the color in the girls' coats! And good luck to Jeff getting home!
GORGEOUS.
Truly... your family is so beautiful inside and out, Diana!
Love that you were able to get a family photo in that gorgeous snow :)
Thinking of you as you continue to greive for your beloved Caymus... a dog can be such a big part of the family and they are SO missed when they are gone!
P.S. Would you believe it, my husband is in sunny (and 60 degree!) New Mexico this week! Tough life for our men, eh?!?
:)
I love this post...and ADORE the pics!! They are so beautiful. I do not envy your weather. I would NEVER leave the house...EVER!!!
Glad they girls now have proof of how gorgeous their mom is :-)
Diana....what a BEAUTIFUL family photo...oh my!!!! Keeping you in prayer, dear friend.
What a wonderful family photo. The CCAA will be delighted with Sienna's loving family and fantastic progress.
I cried over your post about Caymus, I hope it isn't too long until you have another dog to love.
Kate in Wales,
Alice Ming's proud Mama
www.kes44p.wordpress.com
Oh...what a wonderful picture!! I love it!!
So sorry to hear about your beloved dog. Our Mabel is 13 years old and she also has cancer. She is doing well now, but we know she doesn't have too much longer. It will be hard to say goodbye to her. Praying for you during this time!
And I have to know...where did you get the girl's darling coats!! KM is all about clothes, and I know she would adore a coat like that! Can you share the brand?
Wishing we could have just a taste of the snow here. All we get is cold rain. :(
Hugs to you!!
Jenn
What a beautiful family picture! The girls look so happy! I am with you on the summer thing, just can't wait!!!
Well looks like Christmas card for 2011 is done!!! GORGEOUS ONE INDEED!!! Glad to see a smile on your face, although your heart is still hurting! Keep smiling thru the pain sweetie....keep smiling.
LOVE your family photo!!! I recognize those gorgeous coats~ my girls love their's! :) Your family is so beautiful and such a beautiful story as well. SO thankful Sienna is doing so well after surgery~ thankful for amazing drs too!!! It is hard to believe you have had her for almost a year now... can't believe we have had EK for 4 years either. Time flies. BTW, you look beautiful in the photo~ didn't even notice puffy eyes!!! Hope you stay warm and we would LOVE to have you all move down to GA! Feels like spring here right now but think snow is coming back tonight. :)
Blessings and Joy!
PS thank you SO much for your sweet comment on my blog. I appreciate your prayers more than you OR actually you do know~ nothing more precious!!! I am trusting with all my heart that Jing will be fine. :)
Oh my ... the photos are GORGEOUS!
I am so sorry for your tears and loss of such a loyal companion.
Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
Kim
What a great picture. Where ever did you find such adorable girls coats? Congratulations of your family's milestone.
I also share the belief that you will see Caymus again.
Diana, it is such a treat to see you in a picture with your sweet family! The photo is gorgeous (just like each of you)!
So thrilled to hear the wonderful news about Sienna's test results! Oh my, God is GREAT!
What a difference a year full of LOVE makes!
(((Hugs)))
Beautiful family photo and great news for a wonderful doctors report.
these pictures are beautiful!!! congratulations on one year!!!
Had not written earlier about your Caymus--but when I lost the first cat we had since we were married I thought I would never stop crying--a new kitten helped!! She looked like a wonderful dog!!!! sound like spring will be a nice time for a puppy!! you certainly do not want to be housebreaking in -40 degrees!
Great pictures! Where in So Cal are you guys? I'm in Ojai, CA.
Blessings,
Suzanne
freedomhollowfarmkiddos.blogspot.com
onelessbrokenheart.blogspot.com
LOL...your family picture and the news about Sienna's blood levels brought tears to my eyes again. But they are happy tears!
LOVE this picture! Those girls of your are pros!! What a breeze it was :)! Yes, it is CRAZY COLD out today! Hang in there, friend! Summer will be here before you know it! Here is an article to remind you of some of the reasons that you live here, on this horribly cold day...
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2010/top100/
Loved the pictures of Cay-Cay...made me cry AGAIN! I will never forget the first time we came over to your house for dinner and she decided to eat one of the fillets that Jeff was getting ready to grill. She was a crack up! We will miss her!
Love you!
Liz
You know I LOVE these shots and I think the CCAA will too:)
I have no clue how you tolerate that cold. A cold front moved in today and we all have headaches from it and it was 40 degrees this evening (damp) and my body hurts from that. I HATE the cold. Plus, I would be REALLY FAT if I lived in MN. I eat really fatty foods when it is cold out:)
What a beautiful photo of you all!
I'm so happy that you have such a wonderful post-placement report to share with the CCAA. What a blessing that Sienna is truly thriving in every way.
Such a beautiful family photo! I cannot see any puff in your eyes ...you look gorgeous as always.
I'm sure your SW was blown away by all of the amazing changes in Sienna. I can't believe it has been a year already. I was just thinking of you and how you were in China for CNY last year... what a blessing to have your beautiful girl thriving so wonderfully in your home just one year later! It's a beautiful thing what the love of family can do!!
Have a blessed weekend and stay warm ...cuz "baby it's cold outside!!" ;)
Hugs,
Tanya
Di, I just got caught up on your blog :) I finally added you to my reader list so I don't have to do these marathon update reads! I'm so sorry about your sweet dog...Makes my eyes water as our Ryley lays at my feet tonight. Amazing how a pet can carve a place so deep within your heart. I dread the day we have to say goodbye ourselves! And I choose to believe that pets we once loved are a little gift of JOY the Lord blesses us with in Heaven :) Who knows??
Diana,
Know that I am thinking about you:) I know it is so very hard to loose someone so close to you (and I agree with Sienna that you will see Caymus in Heaven)! On a completely different note, our best friends just moved yesterday to your neck of the woods. Anna grew up there and they just had their first baby and wanted to be closer to family. I hope they have there winter jackets ready!!
Blessings, Ashley
Well if that's not the cutest family I have ever seen! Seriously those pics are GREAT! I need a copy:) so excited to hear your great news regarding Sienna- what wonderful news! It made my night! Hope you were able to stay warm this weekend! Oh that cold weather in MN it got the best of me on more than one occasion!! Spring is not too far away:) miss you all!
Love the picture!!! What a sweet wonderful family and God is blessing again!!! Where did you get the girls coats?? They are precious!!!
Absolutely beautiful smiles!
Such happy hearts, the snow is amazing, thanks for sharing!
You are ALL beautiful!! Love this shot!