Thursday, June 16, 2011

She is a Peanut!

DSCF1643

Friday while I was enjoying my last cup of coffee in Chicago with Bridget, I received a surprise email from Emme's Guardian Angel in Yangzhou. She sent us a little gift from Emme. Four photos of her out celebrating "Children's Day" and the "Dragon Boat Festival." I love this first photo.. It looks like she is in the "Priscilla's of Boston" in Yangzhou City! I have no idea why she is in a boutique, but it makes me smile. She is going to fit in so perfectly here!!!! It is such a blessing to know that she is experiencing life outside of the orphanage! This second photo is for Jeff... While she is not holding a fishing pole, it sure looks like one. It is actually a duck egg! She explained that all of the children eat glutinous rice dumplings and salted duck eggs for safety and peace! I am assuming this is one of their Dragon Boat Festival traditions.

DSCF1702

Lastly, I received updated measurements of our little peanut! She will be 3 on July 24th. Emme is only 33.5" tall, and 25.3lbs! Her little foot is 5". It's time to get her suitcase packed!!

As we wait for our TA, (which we expect in mid-July) we are busy preparing for our precious new daughter and sister! Emme Jade we are so in love with you!!!!!



21 comments:

Paige said...

Oh my word, she is just so very precious!! And yes I think she will fit in perfectly!!

snekcip said...

Oh this baby girl is ADORABLE!! Love that smile! A PERFECT FIT for our family NO DOUBT!

snekcip said...

YOUR family!!!

Sharon said...

She is so adorable and petite! You will be blessed with the most amazing set of girls.

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

What a precious little peanut!!! LOVE your new pics and how wonderful to know her size and get packed!!! Can't wait to watch your journey!
Blessings!

Kim said...

OH MY STARS!
She is beyond cute!
What a gift the photos must be!
And what a blessing to know that she knows life outside the orphanage. She will be a perfect fit without a doubt!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I think I say this every time I visit, but I cannot get over how many photos and updates you are receiving of your precious girl!! YES, this woman is most definitely Emme's Guardian Angel!!

Emme is SO ADORABLE and she is going to fit in perfectly with her three sisters!! I love the photo of her in the boutique.

xoxo,

Lisa

Ani said...

She is SO cute! And she is a peanut! can't wait to follow your journey to China!

The Oswalds said...

What a Precious Peanut! So excited for you all!

Joy Graham said...

My daughter, Olivia, and I just flew in from Chicago yesterday! A week of fun and shopping. Go Cubs! What a fun game Tuesday night!The lake was just beautiful, however, the wind was so cold. We caught a cab for Macy's as soon as we landed to buy jackets.I got tickled at Olivia, she insists that the red cabs drive faster and request them at the hotel. Oh your little one is so CUTE! How can you stand it? I know you are so ready to share life with her!She was made for your sweet family. Can't wait to follow your journey on the blog. Next time you are in Chicago with the girls, try the Art Museum, we enjoyed the room of miniture furniture with historical doll houses.-Joy

Joy Graham said...

she is beautiful. We just got back from Chicago too. Wish we knew you were there, it would have been great to get together. joy

Tina Michelle said...

Such wonderful pictures and she is super adorable!

Amy said...

She is amazingly ADORABLE!!! Not helping me get rid of the desire for another china girly. :) O.K. I don't think I will ever get rid of the desire, just praying my husband will jump on board soon.

Can't wait to follow along on your next China trip.

Sharon said...

Her size was right where Hudson was at 2.5 when we got him. He was 33 inches, 23 lbs and size 5. 18-24 months clothes. Now at 5.5 hei is still tiny and is still wearing 3T in bottoms... He has a long body so he can wear 4's and some 5's on top.
She is sooooo darling!!!

Robin said...

So very beautiful!


I know you can't wait to hold her.
Blessings,
Robin

Anonymous said...

D,
I just took Darci to her 3 year check up and her weight was 26 lbs, height 36" and her foot measures from heel to big toe 5 1/2". I said all that to tell you Darci wears a 6 or 7 in shoes depends on the maker. Clothing - pants and shorts from Gymboree 18-24 months. 2 or 3 if they have adjustable waist and again it depends on the maker, tops she fits in 2 - 3 again depends on the maker. Hope this helps with American sizing. =) Cannot wait to follow another journey.

Big Happy Family said...

Oh my, I just love peanuts! She is absolutely adorable. TA please come soon....

Sue said...

what a angel. I am just so thrilled you are getting so many pictures of Emme. And to see her out and about, priceless!!

waiting4lexi@gmail.com said...

So amazing to have more pictures and info about this precious girl of yours!!! Love hearing she is getting to explore and experience life outside of an orphanage. I think she has seen it all!!! Now, let's see a big T and a big A so you can buy some tickets and get that sweet girl home!!!!!!

Bridget said...

I smile every time I see your sweet Emme! Love every picture of your little peanut! Hoping that TA is right around the corner!

quilt'n-mama said...

She is beautiful! I love the new pictures:)

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive