Monday, July 11, 2011

The Official Countdown has begun!! And a Hotel Question!


Emmephoto-3

Plane tickets are purchased, the house packing has begun, and the to do list is long.... Many of you have asked who is traveling.. Ainsley will be joining us again! "The Littles" have a fun filled two weeks to look forward to! We are thrilled and thankful to be on to the official white board countdown at Jeff's office!!

For those of you who have been in Nanjing before, can you recommend a hotel? BAAS puts their families at The Mandarin Garden.. I need honest feedback from my been there done that pals! THANKS!


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah!! Can't wait to follow your journey!

Love Being A Nonny said...

I have followed you on all your journeys...I CANNOT wait! I KNOW you are bursting with lots of emotions!

Football and Fried Rice said...

sO thrilled! And really awesome that you can buy plane tickets so far out now!! I think we. Ought our 9 days before we left last time :-)

Will You make it back before school starts? Such a blessing that Ainsley will be along!

Wendy in OH said...

Congrats! We stayed at the Mandarin Garden in 2007, it was adequate, rooms were nice; location was awesome for shopping and such...I'm sure there are other nicer places but it was fine and they treated us well! Good luck!

Theresa said...

Hi. We stayed at the Jingling Hotel in Nanjing in Jan. 2004 when we met our daughter Kelly and it was really wonderful there. It's a 5 star hotel I think but that's where our agency goes and we were really impressed. Good sized rooms, great buffet, very nice indoor pool (not that I was able to swim much on my own as my daughter only wanted me!)and close to a large shopping mall where we got some souvenirs, kid's shoes etc. If you want more information, I can email you directly.
Theresa in Canada

Theresa said...

Hi. i just checked my photo album. It's the Jinling HOtel in Nanjing.

My email is: tdkmartin@rogers.com.
Theresa in Canada

snekcip said...

Wonderful news! I can't wait to "travel along"! Let the countdown begin!!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Yay yay yay!!! Can't wait to follow~ makes my time go by just a little faster!!! :)
Blessings!

Stephanie said...

We were in Nanjing last summer and stayed at the Mandarin Garden. We liked it fine -- had nothing to compare it to really. Rooms were fine, buffet yummy, pool huge.
It's also right in the Confucious Temple pedestrian shopping mall. the Aqua City Holiday Inn is a block or two away from the Mandarin Garden and it is much newer and more modern. We never saw a room there, but the lobby is gorgeous and another family who stayed there loved it. You'd still be close enough to walk to the Confucious Temple mall area - but the accommodations are nicer/newer. It's also connect to like a 5 story mall. Expensive mal, but nice. So, Mandarin Garden = good, we don't regret it and felt it was "authentic". Aqua City HI = newer, cleaner, modern, nicer. :) Hope it helps a bit! (On my blog...June 2010...I'm sure there are some pics of our hotel.)

Amy said...

Can't wait to follow along. Your family is just so sweet. I have been following along for years, starting with Beautiful Ruby.

Amy

Heather H. said...

Hi Diana,

I'm feeling really excited for you. It's so close now. Ainsley is a little world traveler, huh? :) I wish we could go with you just to go back and visit. We were so overwhelmed with becoming first-time parents to a toddler that we could absorb only so much atmosphere...and, as you may remember, we missed our Beijing tour. So I am looking forward to following your journey, "meeting" Emme Jade, and seeing more of China.

Heather

Anonymous said...

Yea! So excited to follow your story!!

Laurie said...

Congrats, congrats!! How exciting to have an official countdown. Can't wait to follow along on your 3rd journey!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Diana, We just returned from Nanjing. We stayed at the Holiday Inn-Aqua Mall and I can certainly recommend it. While the Mandarin Inn is practically around the corner, it looks to be older and the Confucius Temple area is noisy and crowded. The attached Mall of the HI has a number of nice shops with a food court and grocery store on the B-2 level. You'll be able to get whatever you need there. They have an indoor pool and breakfast buffet. There is free Wi-Fi in the lobby with in-room internet for 15RMB (couple dollars). We had a 'Jr. City Suite' that gave us two rooms . . a bedroom with a King-size bed and a living room with small love-seat size sofa (we brought a battery-operated blow-up mattress). It also had a second half-bath. Please feel free to email me if you would like add'l info. Congratulations and Good Luck! Looking forward to following your journey! Doreen

Desiree' said...

Hubby stayed at the mandarin Graden last year (July 2011) they were doing consrtuction and it was not good, very smokey and dirty. I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn Aqua City. It has a mall attached and planty to do while you stay..

KT said...

We stayed at the Grand Metro Park four years ago. It was a very nice hotel. We had to take a taxi to get to most places but that was fine with us. Our older kids LOVED their indoor, tiled pool shaped like the sun. If you can visit Ming's Tomb while in Nanjing you will love the photo ops there . . . pray the travel details come together smoothly for you.
Katie T.

3 Peanuts said...

SO exciting to see another countdown board!!! Woohoo!!

Jaime said...

Diana . . we stayed at the Mandarian Garden in 2009. It was a very nice hotel, very convenient to shopping and food. Western Buffet in the morning. The room was extremely warm in March but I asked them to open the windows and they were great. Everyone was great! I saw your message on my blog. Just my husband will be traveling. I must stay and hold down the fort with all the kiddos at home. :*( I am very sad about it but so excited that we are so close to bring her home! Can't wait to follow your journey as well! Are you staying at the Garden in Guangzhou?

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive