Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Celebrating 5 Years of Ruby Tuesdays!!!



DSC_0064

  Tuesday, May 8, 2007
Nanchang, Jiangxi Province

Like every mother I remember the moments that led up to meeting our beautiful baby girl for the first time.  The type of delivery room for this birth was a different setting, but  the feeling when she was placed in my arms was the same. Love at first sight. Adoration at first touch. The feeling that I would love her fiercely and protect her forever was overwhelming. It was a beautiful moment in our lives... The type of moment only God could design for our family. She was tiny, innocent, scared, and so incredibly precious.  Our hearts changed that day.  She had us at "Ni'Hao!" and quite honestly she still does!

DSC_0051

Ruby, we love you more than words on a blog can ever express!  God has used you already in a mighty way!  We are so thankful for five years of loving you!  And, we pray that we can always encourage you to use the gifts that God has blessed you with!  You are sweet, sensitive, and strong!  You are special!!  Because of you, adoption has become a part of all of our stories.  You have encouraged us to open our hearts in a special way!  

DSC_0093

Our prayers were answered when we met Ruby Mei!  What a blessing she is!

DSC_0010

How are we celebrating tonight...  Dinner at Ruby Tuesday's of course!!

 Ruby-Thirds-1574SatUp
Happy Anniversary Ruby Mei!  We love you!!





16 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Happy Ruby Day! What a wonderful celebration for your beautiful girl!!! Such a blessing~ love to you all! XO

Unknown said...

Hope you have a beautiful day with your beautiful daughter:)

Leggio said...

Happy Ruby Mei Day!!!!!!!! Such precious pictures. Diana you inspire me. :)

Lori said...

Happy Ruby Mei Day!!!
Enjoy your special day!!

Blessings, Lori

Andy and Sheryl said...

What a beautiful child and sweet story. Bless you all and Happy Ruby Mei Day!

Paige said...

Happy Ruby Mei day!!! Her smile is so contagious!!!!

Ally said...

So darling and precious. I love it!

The Oswalds said...

Happy Ruby Tuesday! What sweet memories! Hugs!

Diane said...

Ruby can always put a smile on my face:)
Enjoy this very special day!
God Bless,
Diane

3 Peanuts said...

Oh how I remember the day so well. Happy Ruby Tuesday. She is such a ray of sunshine. Can you believe 5 years has passed?!

Hope you got the text in time. I was shopping and having lunch with my friend, Cathy and did not see/hear it right away. If you got the stuff, you will LOVE it! Use a concealer brush first to apply and then blend with your fingers.

snekcip said...

Same beautiful smile THEN and still beautiful smile NOW! She is truly beautiful inside and out!!

snekcip said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lee said...

Di -

Happy Family Day!!!

Leeanne

jennifer said...

Even though we didn't know each other back then, I remember Ruby Tuesday like it was yesterday!!! What a precious little girls she is!! Happy Ruby Tuesday!!!! I love you both!!

Dan and Karen said...

I remember it so well, waiting for our referral while enjoying living vicariously through yours. I still think she is one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen.

Congratulations on 5 years!

waiting4lexi@gmail.com said...

Ruby, you are a treasure!!!! The S clan loves you sweet girl!! Can't wait to hug you again!
Mary

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive