Thursday, September 20, 2012
A Little Deal with the Little Bean!
Emme is my napper.. Not always a willing participant, but a napper anyway! Ever since she came home from China she has taken an afternoon nap. Since school started she has been doing a lot of grumbling about this afternoon ritual! I am usually pretty firm about it.. She needs it.. When she sleeps I usually have to wake her up. Thankfully, it has never affected her bedtime routine. We are blessed! Happy Emme equals Happy Mama!!
Today Emme proclaimed, "NO NAP" on the way home from pre-school.. When we got home it was clear we were going to have a battle over it. One I decided, was not worth it today.. She wanted to ride her bike.. So, I made her a deal.... If I let her ride her bike to the wooded path, I got to take pictures! She thought about it, and agreed. It turned out to be a "win-win!" It was a gorgeous fall day, she got some fresh air, the dog got a walk, and I got some sweet photos!
I am praying this is not the beginning of the "no nap" zone for Emme Jade. Our Little Bean still needs one! And, on some days, this Mama needs her to need one too!!!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-






6 comments:
I see you may be entering that no nap zone:) I gave up months ago...arggggg:)
You can tell her that after NO NAPS comes a one hour QUIET TIME. For reading quietly on her bed, for playing with her stuffies quietly on her bed, for playing barbies quietly on her bed, OR RESTING quietly on her bed listening to quiet music.
QUIET TIME rocked at our house for 2 years.
Big kids take a quiet time too. Mine are 11 and 6 and they still have a quiet time on one of the weekend days. Mama needs that hour! LOL
These are precious! I wish you many more napping days, my friend!!
Oh I love that photo of that determined face! How cute...they do have their own minds that is for sure:)!!!
Nothing cuter than Emme Jade. I remember when Claire took my hand, and took me to her teacher, and told her that she didn't need anymore naps. Her teacher looked at her, and said, I thought we had this worked out Claire. She had a big smile on her face. That was the end of naps. She was 4. Too cute Di.
CUTEST PICTURES EVER!! Joy just gave up naps this past month which means there is NEVER a quiet moment around here! :)