Sunday, July 29, 2007
Life as I know it today...
Today was a new day, and I just felt at peace when I woke up. I called Jeff's nurse before 7am and found out he had slept great last night. The steroids did not make him sick, and she was actually able to get him out of bed to stand for the first time. I arrived at the hospital with Jeff's brother around noon to find this handsome guy, with a sexy scruffy beard almost sitting up in bed. His doctor came in and could not believe the change in one day. Answered prayer! We know from what we have been told that Jeff may have set backs as we go through the next several days. So we take each one as they come. And, we continue to pray for healing, for wisdom, and for peace.
Thank you to Kim (3 peanuts) and to all of you who have posted and prayed for our family.
We are so grateful. Nothing is too small or too big for God!
I will continue to update when I can. Tuesday is Ruby's birthday, so she may be celebrating #1 at Abbott Northwestern's Neurology Wing!!!
Blessings from a grateful wife!
Diana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-

13 comments:
Diana,
I found your blog through Kim after she had posted about your husband. You are ALL in my prayers. I am praying for good health and a very speedy recovery for Jeff (and that he will be able to celebrate your beautiful daughter's birthday).
Blessings,
Danielle
Diana, I'm so relieved to hear that Jeff is doing better and that you are more at peace! What a scary thing to go through! I will continue to pray for your family in the days ahead.
Ruby's first birthday in the hospital visiting Daddy won't be so bad....YOU'LL ALL BE TOGETHER!! :)
Hang in there.
Diana,
I also saw the post about your husband on Kim's blog! I had followed your journey on myadtionwebsite.com. Just from that, I know you are a family of deep faith and that shall carry you all. I certainly will keep Jeff and your family in prayer! Blessings on all of you!
Di~
There are so many people lifting up your family in prayer right now. I hope that provides solace and comfort during these trying times.
Jeff is a man of God and I am confident God will restore his health so he can be home with his diamond, pearl, and ruby very soon.
Love you so much,
Lisa
Diana, I am so happy to hear the Jeff is doing better. I will continue to pray for your family and for a speedy recovery.
Diana - Answered prayer!! I was awake most of the night praying for your family. Blessings to Kim for posting your site and the need for prayer. How wonderful Jeff is responding! My nephew returned from a trip abroad the beginning of the month and one of his friends became ill with spinal meningitis on the trip - I prayed that hard for him also! (All of the kids are doing fine now) On an even happier note, Happy birthday to Ruby Mei - we will continue to lift your family as Jeff heals and you celebrate the beauty of your new daughter and sibling. Thinking of you...
Heather
Thank you to all of who have left messages here. I am having a difficult time linking to microsoft office, so I am unable to respond directly to you directly via blog email. Once fall gets here, I hope to start digging in to making this blog a place where you will visit often.
Thanks again!
Blessings,
Diana
I'm so glad that they have figured out what the issue is that that your husband seems to be responding so well to the treatment. We will keep you in our thoughts and pray that Jeff continues to feel better each day.
Happy Birthday to Ruby.
Wendy
Diana,
I'm sitting here smiling at you for being so brave. Yes, how can something change so quickly? Just like that. I have a Jeff too who also has hazel eyes......big hugs to you and your family... Keep the faith. Rony
Hugs to you buddy! So many people are praying for you and Jeff. I know he will continue to recover every day. Happy birthday to Miss Ruby Mei! Let me know if you need anything and call if you just want a shoulder to cry on:)
Love,
Kim
Hi Diana,
Found out Jeff was sick from Kim's site. Know that we are thinking about you and praying, too!
Hope to continue to see positive news on Jeff's recovery.
Happy Birthday sweet Ruby!
TJ
We will continue to pray for your family. That is wonderful news! We will put a mustard seed of faith against a pin sized tick any day! Stay strong and know that many people are thinking of you and your sweet family. Happy Birthday Ruby!
Just wanted you to know I am praying for you and your family. I followed your story in China - your daughters are just precious.
I came here via Kim's blog, know that there are people praying for Jeff and his recovery and that God would sustain you all through this time. God bless.