Tuesday, August 14, 2007
The "calm" after the storm....

This seemed like an appropriate picture today based on the chaos going on around here lately. Sorry it has taken me a week to post.... This is a photo that friends of ours sent us today of our trampoline up at our lake house. After a huge storm last night this is where it ended up... Thankfully, this is the extent of the damage we received.
Jeff and I were unfortunately back at the ER yesterday. He developed Bells Palsy on the left side of his face on Sunday night. Another brain MRI was ordered, and we were encouraged to hear that things look the same or better than his original scans done about two weeks ago. It seems to be unanimous that our medical team of doctors still do not have a definitive diagnosis for what is going on in Jeff's body. I will admit that it has been both frustrating and discouraging. He was doing so great the last few days, that this set-back was really upsetting for us, especially Jeff. We will continue on our current treatment plan until August 18th. We will then return to his Neurologist for further tests on the 23rd. In the meantime, we pray and pray for clarity!
Like all trials, we have been blessed in so many ways throughout this difficult time. That list will make a great "thankful Thursday" entry this week! Just know that we have been surrounded by loving people that continue to shower us with acts of kindness!
We are hanging in there!
Blessings,
Diana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-

11 comments:
You are in my prayers.
Kim mentioned you wanted your blog redone. When your husband is well again and things calm down a bit, have Kim give you my email address and I'll be happy to help.
Blessings to your family,
Danielle
I am praying for you.
I can't believe they still don't know what exactly is going on. I hope everything returns to normal soon.
I will be praying for you all.
Valorie
Hi Diana,
I am praying and asking my friends to pray too.
I know that this just has to be so hard. i really hope you get some clarity soon. I know you all just want life to be back to "normal."
Love,
Kim
Hi Diana - Your family will remain on our prayer chain until and even past that point when you share that Jeff is all better. I can't imagine, and quite frankly don't know which words could comfort, but I'm hoping that knowing we are here - you are prayed for - and we are rooting for you will help bring joy into an otherwise difficult time in your lives. Prayers for the girls as well...
Love,
Heather
I'm keeping you all in my prayers.
Wendy
You and your family are very much in my prayers. Hang in there!
I keep checking in with your family and I keep hoping for good news. You're in our prayers. I'd love to meet you someday since we aren't too far away. You're faith is an inspiration.
Beth in WI
I'm hoping no news here is good news.
I'm thinking of your family and hoping that Jeff is getting better every day.
Hi Diana,
We are just back from vacation and I wanted to check in and see how Jeff is doing. So sorry to hear he is still facing so many challenges. Know that all of you are in our prayers!
TJ
Keeping you in our hearts and prayers that soon you will have the answers to all of your questions.