Friday, August 3, 2007

We'd rather be boating......






Almost two years ago we were blessed to be able to buy a second home about two hours north of Minneapolis. We have made so many wonderful family memories at the lake already. While we waited for Ruby we documented many of them. Until Ruby came along my favorite thing to do at the lake was to watch Jeff and Ainsley down at the dock fishing. They are both early birds, and usually before 7am they are shuffling off together with coffee and chocolate milk in hand, to catch the small mouth bass that they lost last year!


Water and boating are Jeff's passions. The minute we pull onto Portage Lane I can see him relax. There is just something about this magical place that we love. I am hoping that we will be there again soon. It will be a great place for Jeff to rest and get his strength back again!


There is a chance Jeff will be released this weekend. It all depends how he feels tomorrow after being off of the steroids again. Last time they took him off is when he had one of his worst days. We are all set-up for home health care to help us with the administering of drugs through his "pic" line. I guess I will be trained to help with that... I hope he likes his nurse!!


Greg is back, my sister is back, and Jeff's Mom arrives tomorrow. It will be nice to have extra help with Jeff and the girls!


I will let you know when he is home!


Blessings,

Diana




5 comments:

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

That is good news ~ praying that he is released this weekend!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

We wish you were at the lake, too. We are so sorry for all that has happened but we know you'll be better, stronger, and closer because of what you've endured.

We're praying Jeff will be home soon and are so glad you'll have some help at home.

Hopefully it won't be long before Mr. Rouse is back in his boat!

Love,
The Osborns

Leslie said...

We share your love for "up north" and lake living, and know how healing the northern air can be. We pray that you will be back there soon! Hope that he is released this weekend, glad to hear you have help coming! I am sure you will appreciate it! I love how Jeff has such a big smile on his face, what a trooper! You are a great wife and mom Diana, I am praying for your strength through all of this too.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I just found the blog link from Kim's site. I posted on a comment on your other site when I heard about Jeff. My prayers are with you all.

The girls are as beautiful as ever and I look forward to following your wonderful family.

Valorie
Mia & Mylee's Mommy

3 Peanuts said...

Diana,

I love your lake house. So glad that it has been a great place of family bonding and relaxation for you all. I look forward to the poat wehew you are back at the lake!!!!

We may have to come visit there;)

Kim

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive