Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"The Ruby Dance" & First Steps!!!!


Okay, I know it is not Thursday yet, but I need to state that today I am thankful for coffee, cover up, and the fact that big sunglasses are in style again!!!! I have some serious circles under my eyes from doing what we lovingly call "The Ruby dance" for the last three nights. I can set my clock by Ruby at night lately. At 11:30 her alarm goes off and she is in-consolable. I am not sure if it is night terrors because I don't know anything about them. At 2:08 last night she finally gave into going back to sleep. I know I am not the only adoptive or bio Mom experiencing this right now. I am open for suggestions. Ruby was doing absolutely great until Jeff got sick. In the last two weeks she has slept through the night two times, but most nights I am up doing the "Ruby dance." Unfortunately, I can not leave her to cry it out, because when it escalates to a certain level she gets sick. We have been to the dry cleaners three times in the last month. Poor baby. It just breaks my heart when she is so upset. During the day she is happy, easy, content. She naps like a dream baby too. She goes to bed pretty easily at 8:00 until the "dance" begins at 11:30. Thankfully, the big sister sleeps through it all. In fact, since we came home from China, Ainsley has not woken up once. Oh, to be 6 again. Poor Jeff, he is so exhausted! I was handling my lack of sleep pretty well until last night. Last night I was praying so hard that she would just run out of gas. Any suggestions? We see her doctor tomorrow, so I am anxious to talk to her about it.

On a different note, Her Rubiness took 9 steps today!!!! I don't know who was more excited, Ruby, Mom, or the Kindermusik teacher where this all took place! I have a feeling I am just days away from having a true toddler!!! She is now napping after all of the excitement this morning!

I hope those of you reading this are getting your beauty rest. I am off to research night terrors!

Blessings, Diana

FYI: That gorgeous sweater on Ruby was handmade by my old college roommate, Maureen! And, those cute loafers are made by Trumpet who also makes the adorable socks Ruby wore in China... Those sassy patent leather shoes are her first gift from her "fancy" Aunt Lisa!

6 comments:

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Di~

I am sorry that Ruby's sleep issues haven't been worked out yet. I have seen lots of posts about that on one of my Yahoo groups. I haven't read what they've posted but I'll go back and skim to find if there's any miracle solution. Lindy's sleep issues were not this frequent.

Congrats Miss Ruby on your steps! Exciting...BTW, I love Ruby's shoes and adorable outfit. What is that strange thing she's wearing on top, though? Is that what they call a sweater??? I think I've heard of one of those. Maybe in about two or three months we'll pull them out. :o) I love that autumn is in the air somewhere.

Praying for a full night's rest for both of you SOON!!!

Love,
Lis

Heather said...

Hi Diana -

Yes, that sweater is gorgeous!!

Congrats on the steps - such an exciting day.

I'm so sorry Ruby is doing the "dance" at night. I wish that I had some wisdom to impart, but I've got nothing. Instead, I will continue to pray for your family, but specifically to this issue. You have remained in my prayer book since you travelled:-) Hoping that this trend will change courses quickly.

Heather

3 Peanuts said...

Hi Di! we would make one tired pair of friends! I was SO excited to be on the phone to "witness" Ruby''s first step. I will ALWAYS remember that!

I hope that Ruby Mei lets you get some sleep. Coffee is my friend too. Tonight my strategy will be to got to sleep at about 8:30 so that i have logged in a coupld hours of zzz'z before the waking begins.

Love the sweater and the shoes! Adorable!!

hugs,
kim

Tracy said...

I don't have any advice on the sleep issues, but I am sorry :( I may need your advice on them at some point.......

Very pretty sweater and cute shoes!

Yay for her first steps!

Tracy

Catherine said...

It is very common for children to go through a phase of not sleeping well right around the time they start walking. They sense the upcoming freedom and are very excited, often to the point of waking themselves up at night.
It usually lasts for two or three weeks.
I hope you are able to get some sleep soon.

LaLa said...

Way to go Ruby!!! Love the sweater. Just noticed today's post and so glad sleep is better and hubby is back at work : )

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive