Monday, October 8, 2007

5 months ago.....


This little gem entered into our lives and stole our hearts 5 months ago today! She continues to bless our lives daily! Overall, we think she is doing great! We still have some rough nights, but they are less frequent now! She is walking most of the time now, and getting into everything!! She is sensitive, and she does not like the word "no!" The reality of not getting her way, causes "Her Rubiness' to shed some serious tears... Her vocabulary is limited but her ability to communicate by pointing or sign language is impressive. No doubt she will be talking up a storm soon. She loves her big sister and wants to be a part of whatever she is doing. Ruby is healthy, happy, and a lot of fun to be with. Her favorite things at the moment are my cell phone, her blanket, food, and her family. We try really hard to keep her on a consistent schedule daily which really seems to work well for Ruby. Majority of the day she is content and happy. We can't ask for more than that!


Our little girl from the south of China test drove her first pair of Uggs yesterday. Now I just have to get her used to the idea of hats and mittens. From what I can tell, she will not be one bit happy about that. It will be fun to see her reaction when she experiences her first Minnesota snowfall!


We leave Thursday for our first beach vacation with the girls. We are so excited to spend time together playing for a few days! Once Ruby gets over the fact that she can't eat the sand, I hope she loves the ocean!! Ainsley has been packed for one month for this trip!


So my early "Thankful Thursday" entry, is to give thanks to God for choosing Ruby Mei for our family!


Blessings, Diana
P.S: I get to meet Miss Madison today! I can't wait!

12 comments:

Leslie said...

I can't believe it has been 5 months already! Love the Uggs! Hopefully she will accept the hats the first time she feels how frigid the air can get! Myah didn't mind hats but disliked the mittens! Have a great time at the beach, you deserve a vacation that is for sure! Give little Madison hugs from all of us! The shopping looked like alot of fun! I love that Mall of America!

Sheri said...

Wow, doesn't the time fly by! It's been a pleasure to watch Ruby blossom in your family. Good luck with the hats and mittens. Sarah did okay with the mittens, but did not like the hats. So glad to hear that Madison is doing well. Praise God for His healing hand!

Tracy said...

Have a great trip! Lovethe Uggs - LOL!

Tracy

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Lindy has those same Uggs. A friend brought them back from Tahoe last year. I hope she'll still fit in them.

Happy day,
Lisa

jennifer said...

Time really does seem to fly. The Uggs are so cute! We don't have any reason for those down here! Enjoy the beach. It's my favorite place to be.

Keisha said...

Hey!
It seems like yesterday I was watching you guys patiently wait for this precious bundle! Wow, how time flys! Both of your girls are growing up so fast! I love the title on your blog! Each one of you are unique & precious in God's eyes!
Blessings!
Keisha
"Our Journey of Faith"

Heather said...

Happy Five months. It does feel like just yesterday, I followed your journey. So glad all is well.

Have a happy vacation!

Heather

Lee said...

Di --

Have a wonderful vacation, and hope to catch up with you when you are back. Love, love, love the photo!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Congratulations on 5 months! That is so wonderful!

Ruby looks absolutely adorable in her little pink UGGS! Oh, she is just too cute!

Have a wonderful time at the beach and enjoy your time with your family!

3 Peanuts said...

Hey Diana,

Have a great time at the beach! I cannot wait to see the photos of those beautiful girls on the beach!!!

I LOVE the UGGS. I think Miss Kate is going to need a pair too.

I hope Madison is recovering well.

Hugs,
Kim

3 Peanuts said...

Oh and Happy Anniversary! I remember SO clearly that Ruby Tuesday!!!

Kim

AmyO said...

Love the Uggs! I put a hat & gloves on Olivia for the 1st time on Tue. She kept staring at her hands not knowing what the heck these things were. She's from southern China where its tropical (next to Vietnam), so she's never had these before. Oh wait until it snows!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive