Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thankful Thursday!


"The joy of the Lord is your Strength."  ~Nehemiah 8:10

Today I am thankful that we got to have our sweet friends Michelle, Lauren & Nicolas up to the lake with us last weekend.  Many of you have followed my friend's story, and I thank you for praying for them.  Life without Scott has been very hard, but they are am amazing threesome, and they will make it through this very difficult time.  Michelle is blessed with so many gifts, and God will use her to love and raise Lauren & Nicolas with patience and wisdom.  She will be the first one to admit how hard life is here, but she also will tell you that we are just a "mist" so, make your time here matter!  Scott knew that, and he did make a difference.  He left a wonderful legacy for his children in his short 45 years.

The verse quoted above, is the first memory verse that Ainsley & Lauren have this week.
A perfect verse for the year ahead.

So much to be thankful for!  

Blessings,
Diana

5 comments:

jennifer said...

So sweet. Praying for her and her children.

Denise said...

What a special family and what a great friend you have been for them.
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I too, feel like I am trying to catch up on my blog friends.
I so enjoyed Ruby's pics with the corn...one of Maggie's favorites...yummy. She also goes bonkers over hard boiled eggs...would take one of those over a cookie any day!
Glad that school is going well for Ainsley and that you have found someone to help you with Ruby~
(I have a friend who left for China yesterday and put the link of my blog...just in case you wanted to follow along).

Maddy and Zeke's Mom said...

I love that verse & have leaned on it many times.

I love the photo collages you do, they also look so nice.

Have a great long weekend!

Denise C said...

OH what a beautiful collage of precious pictures! Bless your sweet friend...I will pray for her and her beautiful babies!
I hope your weekend is full of sweet blessings!
Warmly,
Denise C

3 Peanuts said...

Ahhh they look happy. i am sure their hearts are hurting so deeply but I know that withe the incredible sensitivity, hospitality and kindness of you and Jeff, they were able to relax a bit for a few days. I am sure you did them a world of good. Praying for Michelle, Lauren and Nicholas.

Kim

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive