Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Haircuts and a little time off for the Diamond!






It was a Spa afternoon for The Pearl & The Ruby!  They both desperately needed haircuts!  If Ruby didn't have a bow in, we couldn't even see her precious face!  And, I don't think Ainsley had been in since school began!  So, they both got a little pampering, and they look beautiful!  Ruby was so great for Brie!  She didn't even flinch when her bangs were cut!  The highlight of this event is always the lip gloss at the end!!!!

On a seperate note, I have decided to take a little blog break!  I want/need to take this month to get organized.  I also want to spend my free time learning how to work this fabulous new camera that Jeff blessed me with!  Please check back on us in February!  Hopefully, Ruby will be napping again, and joyfully (and willingly) going into her bed at night!  I look forward to that future post!

Blessings to you!

30 comments:

LynnieB said...

I will miss you but enjoy your much deserved break. Praying for Ruby to sleep!

emilyb said...

Diana,

Oh my, The pearl and the ruby look beautiful- what a fun afternoon! Having 2 boys, I don't think I'll ever have quite as good of time with haircuts as you all did :) Enjoy your break- I will miss your posts and look forward to your return. Hope darling Ruby returns to her good sleeping habits and you get some rest. God Bless!

Emily

Twinkletoes said...

I love their haircuts and love that BOTH of your girls have more fashionable haircuts than I do, as an adult! Two beauties!
Best of luck with your blog break. Selfishly, I will miss your posts and pictures but everyone needs AND DESERVES time to take a break!

Dawn said...

Wow,they are cute! Love their new do's!

Heather said...

The gems look gorgeous!! Love the new do's. How do you get your pictures so amazingly big and beautiful??? Not just the new camera, they have always looked pretty spectacular!

ENjoy your bloggy break and know we hold you close to us;)

Love,
Heather

Shirley H. said...

i agreed with Heather.. the gems have always looks so pretty~ like two little princesses~

Love Being A Nonny said...

I sure will miss your posts! Yours is one of my favorites. Can't wait to hear how bedtime has gone when you return!! (Great book: How to Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems). Your girls are beautiful! No wonder Ainsley is in commercials. Her smile lights up a room!

Jodi Rathjen said...

Diana,
Sorry to hear about Ruby climbing out of her crib! We are just one inch away from that with Faith, she straddles the side of the crib crying "Taith out ...play" She has not yet figured out it is a short and soft trip to the floor from there and freedom is hers! we are only a few months behind you and I am cherishing every nap and bedtime she stays where I put her. I'll be praying for you! This parent thing is not always as easy as it looks!

Jodee said...

Adorable pictures! Enjoy your break!

Laura said...

What fab haircuts! Your girls are so darling!

Wishing you a wonderful break (and lots of napping by Miss Ruby!)

I'll be looking forward to your return for sure!

ji said...

Love the haircuts!! Too cute! Now you got me thinking about a good cut for my little ones! :)

3 Peanuts said...

I don't think my last comment went through...The haircuts look adorable. Love the photos. I am glad for you that you are taking a break. I think it is the best thing. I know I will talk to you but I will miss your photos!


I will be praying my friend.

Love,
Kim

The Oswalds said...

Love Ruby's new do! They both look fabulous. I am taking Kylee in for her first "professional" cut today. Hopefully she will hold just as still as Ruby did. I'll miss you, enjoy your break!

Lee said...

OK, since I can't get a virtual fix, we need to have coffee soon!

Amy said...

Cute haircuts!!! Enjoy your time off. And good luck with the sleep. We have been home with our daughter for just over a month and can't wait for a little predictable sleep :)

Where oh where do you get Ruby's darling little clothes. I love them. and now that I have a girl to shop for I need to know. If you have a moment will you tell me. amy-pete@hotmail.com. I can wait until February. THanks

Thanks
Amy

Buffi Young said...

Such sweet little girls!!! A friend of mine gave me your blog. She thought your little girl looked like mine that we adopted from China in July of 07. What province is your little girl from? How old is she? She is adorable!!!

I have just made our family blog private...but if you're interested in seeing pix of my little girl...I'll be glad to add your email address to the list. Just let me know! Thanks!
Blessings,
Buffi Young
www.pearlsofpurpose.blogspot.com
www.sadiesjourneyhome.blogspot.com

the meaklims said...

The girls look fabulous! I'll miss you, but do enjoy the break, you deserve it! :)

Sorry it has taken so long to let you know about how I post photo's to my blog from flickr, here goes...

I click on the desired photo in my photostream and then click on 'all sizes'. At this stage I select the size 'medium' and then take the 'html' and post it into my new post.

I hope this helps!

God bless.
Jill xx

Denise said...

The girls look beautiful...I am struggling with growing Maggie's bangs out too~

I will miss you, but enjoy your break~

Prayers and hugs~

The 5 Bickies said...

Love the haircuts! Enjoy the break and I will look forward to February!

Cindy M said...

WOW! They are both beautiful, but I LOVE that cut on Ruby! Maybe if Caroline ever grows enough hair, I can get her hair cut like that!

Enjoy your break...I've yet to take an official break, but life seems to take care of that for me sometimes! I'll look forward to seeing some fabulous new pix in February!

fleur de lis cottage said...

The haircuts are adorable. Enjoy your break, and praying for Miss Ruby and her sleeping.

Rhonda said...

Oh my WORD!! How cute!!!

You're blessed!

~Rhonda

Tracy said...

Adorable haircuts! So sweet. And congrats on the new cam!

Casey said...

Enjoy your break!!

The kids look adorable!

Adam said...

The haircuts look good.

Maybe we'll see some video from the new camera??!

AmyO said...

Enjoy your break & your new camera!

Ruby's Fairy Godmother said...

Diana,
I have been meaning to ask you a question...did the Pearl ever model for JCPenney? I work for Penney's at the corp office and we have a poster up that has a little girl in it that looks just like Ainsley.
Enjoy your break! Best of luck with Ruby's sleeping!
Norah

TanyaLea said...

You deserve the break...it's important to take "time outs" for ourselves every now and then! But I must say, you'll be missed!!

And my gosh!!...do the girls ever look cute! Little models (or TV stars!) to say the least! I love how thick Ainsley's hair is...very pretty! And Ruby looks absolutely adorable in that cut...my daughter and I can't get over how cute she is! :)

Take care and try to get some rest. Praying that Ruby starts sleeping better at night. Until you return... God bless!! <><

Yoli said...

Asian hair is hard to style and she did an outstanding job. That hairstylist is a keeper!

Mimi's Toes said...

I LOVE their haircuts....They are the most precious sisters I've ever seen! The love in their eyes for one another just melts my heart.

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive