Thursday, June 25, 2009
Playing in Manual...






Well, I am week 3 into my Rawsii Photography Class, and I LOVE it! This is the first photography class I have ever taken, so I am excited to be push myself. We are only 3 weeks into it, and I haven't thrown the life preserver out yet... Perhaps in a few weeks, when we are shooting in RAW! Anyway, this week's assignment was to shoot in full manual. For those of you who know me, you know that I love the security of that green box on my Nikon when I need it. So this was definitely a great way to get me out of there. Many of the photos I loved were to dark (I am learning why) so they need some post processing to bump them up.. Here are a few of the shots I loved... I played with most of them slightly in PhotoShop...
Next week, we are required to do our first photo shoot with a model for head shots... I think I know the perfect 8 year old!!!!
Hopefully, you will see a difference here in a few months. Assuming I "Pass!"
Today is a monster garage sale at our house... It's going to be NUTS!!!!
Blessings,
Di
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(181)
-
▼
June
(15)
- Shore Dinner!!!!
- The Pearl!
- Playing in Manual...
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Belated Happy Father's Day!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- VBS
- The Pearl's Birthday!
- Celebrating 10 Years and an 8th Birthday!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Chef Ruby!
- Pearly Whites!!!
- Pachebel's Ballerina!
- So Long Front Teeth and So Long 2nd Grade!!
- The Beautiful Bouquet!
-
▼
June
(15)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
- 2010 (182)
-
2009
(181)
- December(16)
- November(12)
- October(15)
- September(15)
- August(7)
- July(18)
-
June(15)
- Shore Dinner!!!!
- The Pearl!
- Playing in Manual...
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Belated Happy Father's Day!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- VBS
- The Pearl's Birthday!
- Celebrating 10 Years and an 8th Birthday!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Chef Ruby!
- Pearly Whites!!!
- Pachebel's Ballerina!
- So Long Front Teeth and So Long 2nd Grade!!
- The Beautiful Bouquet!
- May(21)
- April(20)
- March(21)
- February(13)
- January(8)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)

9 comments:
Don't know if I've ever commented on your blog before...but I've checked in periodically for a few months.
I really love the first photo. The clarity is great and I find that on my blog, the clarity of my photos suffers greatly.
Good job!
Diana,
Your pictures are ALWAYS beautiful. I'm know it helps having Ainsley and Ruby as your primary models!
Emily
Beautiful. And so fun! I hope to be taking some photo. classes one of these days too. Would love to hear your thoughts on the Rawsii classes when you are done. Good luck with the sale.
You're doing an awesome job. Do you have the regualar Photoshop Suite or Photoshop Elements?
Love your photos!...your girls are blessed to have a mommy who captures so many neat moments of them as they grow...these will be SO treasured by them one day!
Oh how I wish I had made it down to your garage sale. Looks like I have some girly clothing to start purchasing, as we'll be starting over!!...and I know how well-dressed your princesses are...so I'm sure there are going to be some great finds for some lucky shoppers!! Have a nice weekend!
Big Hugs,
~Tanya
Haven't checked in a couple of weeks. Beautiful pics! I can't get over how "grown up" Ruby is looking these days.
Gin =)
(Catching up on some blogs while Kerry Lu is napping)
I think these pictures are great! I would no have known you were "learning"! However.....aren't we all? lol
I'll be back to see more great shots! ;)
I love these shots! I think you are doing great! I wonder how many of us Moms get a sudden interest in photography after expanding our family. I live in Aperture-Priority mode, but I switch over to Manual every once in awhile, when I need to do something different.
I am trying to "bone up" before we leave on vacation Friday.
Your photography skills are just awesome! I'm still learning my new camera and feel so inadequate as I try to decipher what the owner manuel says! I wish I had a photography class in where in our vicinity to learn some of the photography tricks! Meanwhile, I will try to learn from you as well as other PHOTO GIFTED BLOGGERS!!