Monday, July 20, 2009

Veggies!!!

Jeff and the girls have been working hard on our first vegetable garden this summer.  Until today we have had one small green pepper and a few cherry tomatoes.  Well I guess, our garden liked our un-seasonably cool weather.  I came home to this and my happy gardeners!  Check out their presentation!


YUM!!!!

13 comments:

ladybugsnkatydids said...

Wow! What a beautiful bounty!!! Now our garden is not liking the cooler weather so much - especially our Indiana tomatoes.
Jeff and the girls should be so proud of themselves (and we may have to ask for some of their expertise!).

The Oswalds said...

Wow, that's amazing! Yum is right! We planted a few veggies in pots this year. We've gotten some nice cherry tomatoes & some herbs. Still waiting on a few other things. We'll see. Hope you enjoyed your beautiful veggies!

Sharon said...

NOTHING better than MN home grown vegetables. Someone served corn on the cob the other night and it didn't even compare to MN sweet corn. Enjoy!

redmaryjanes said...

Great job! Everything looks wonderful!

emilyb said...

Yum...those veggies look incredible!! Good Work!! There is certainly nothing better than home grown veggies.

Robin said...

Very Yummy and it always tastes so much better when you grow it youselves!!

Enjoy,
Robin

Heather said...

How awesome is that?! A garden is one thing I just don't have the patience for. I will admit, I love the benefits from a garden. Nothing better than fresh veggies!

Courtney said...

I think it is wonderful that you are doing a veggie garden with your kids. So much fun. Enjoy the veggies!

Tami said...

Diana,

Lookin good!!! And kuddos on the presentation:-). Doesn't get any fresher than that...and there's just something about growing your own veggies!!

The only things we've been able to harvest so far from our garden is romaine lettuce and herbs. Something ate our green bean plants, but everything else is coming along...just a bit behind due to the rain and lack of sun!

I love how the boys eat anything that comes out of our garden like it was candy!!

Love and hugs,
Tam

TanyaLea said...

Yumm~YUMMMM! ...there's nothing quite like fresh produce from one's own garden! And it's so satisfying knowing where it came from, too!! :)

Angie said...

Yummers! I just had to say that some of my favorite pics are ones of the sisters together. I am sure they have their moments, but I see such a bond there - Ainsley seems to be such a caregiver...a protector...a great big sister! And Ruby...she just cracks me up! What a hoot they both are!

Congrats on the garden goods!

snekcip said...

I had to laugh, I was reading this post and could actually smell "fresh cucumbers" and thought this is too weird! That is until one of our co-workers said very loudly...DON'T FORGET I HAVE FRESH CUCUMBERS IN THE BREAKROOM IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED!!The look and "smell" wonderful! Gotta go, I gotta get my fresh cucumbers!!!

Twinkletoes said...

Love the shots! Is Ruby hugging it or pretending it's a phone. Either way - adorable!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive