Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Uncle Mark and Ainsley!

One of my favorite photos was taken by me when Ainsley and I were visiting my brother back in March of 2003. She was not quite two and we traveled to Texas to spend time with Mark and my parents.
As I have said before, Mark is a professional dog trainer. Not the "Dog Whisperer" (Ok, he kind of is.) He is a professional Field Trial Dog Trainer for Labrador Retrievers. Very cool job for an Uncle to have!

My favorite picture of them was taken during a training session when Ainsley, un-prompted by me, toddled up to the mound to be by her Uncle with sippy cup in hand. Priceless moment really... Well you will see below that they went to that same spot on Sunday night to re-inact that precious day.
2003 (Ainsley Age 1 Year, 9 months)

2009 (Ainsley 8)

A special Uncle & his niece....

Today the Pearl leaves the ranch. I know it will be bittersweet as she says goodbye to her family and her new furry friends. But, my guess is she will be back next summer! She has had a great week. I am excited to pick her up!!! And, Ruby is ready for her sissy to be back!!!


Thank you Mark & Becky!!!!! We love you!

5 comments:

TanyaLea said...

LOVE the 'reinactiment' of the old photo, now with Ainsley all grown up...beautiful!! Glad to hear the Pearl had a wonderful time at the Ranch...though I'm sure you all will be happy to have her home again! Have a nice time down South!!

Hugs,
Tanya

snekcip said...

Oh what a beautiful THEN and NOW photo shoot! LOVE IT!!!

Tracy said...

Great comparison shots!

Heather said...

WHata great post, DI! I love the picture re-enactment!!! I have done that a few times myself and it is awesome to see how they grow! Hope Ainsley had a blessed time with family and a girl after our own hearts...loving on those animals!! Hoping you have a great trip this week and a lot of fun seeing loved ones!! :)

Love,
Heather

Adam said...

Very cool. I love that she brought the sippy cup!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive