Monday, November 15, 2010

Sienna's Dedication Day!

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.
So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord."
1 Samuel 1:27-28

Sienna-14-OpeningNadisGiftBlog

Yesterday with many of our closest friends and my Mom we celebrated Sienna's dedication to the Lord at our home. It was a very special day as Jeff and I reflected on how God truly chose this child for us. And, the overwhelming responsibility of "Training her in the way she should go." On days like this you can't help but reflect on the awesome responsibility it is to raise a child well. We are thankful for our amazing friends and role models that we can journey with along the way!!

WalkingIn-18SSBlog

Shaelee & Sienna.... Both girls chosen by God to be deeply loved
and raised in Christian homes, where they would learn the meaning of..
"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to
prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope
and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

DedicationSienna-Dad-Mom-2Blog

Sienna received some lovely gifts including a very special story Bible from one of her very favorite people in the world, Miss Liz! She loved reading the inscription with her.

Dedication-SiennaReadingBlog

Dedication-WithLizCardBlog

My Mom is in town helping out with my sister who recently had surgery. I am so glad she was able to be here for Sienna's special day!

Dedication-GrandmaSiennaBlog

The year we were feeling like God was calling us back to China, we were studying Moses in BSF. I had a very special group and a very special leader that year. Barb not only supported my hearts desire to adopt again, she blessed me by being an incredible friend and faithful prayer warrior. It was only fitting yesterday when I went to take her photo with Sienna, that Shaelee jumped on her lap! Barb helped to pray both of these girls home!

SSwithBarb-2Blog

SiennaDedication-19Blog

At the end of the party, I looked over and Sienna and Shaelee were busy by the coffee sugars and cream~ Let's just say their faces told the story! I can only imagine what these two got into in Hengshan! Every time I see these two together I am amazed at the depth of their friendship at such a young age. They never fight.. They put each other in their place if they need to. But, it is always done in a non-threatening way.. They are never too far away from each other... But, I have noticed it is also easier for them to say goodbye now. They have
learned that this time, they will see each other again! Our hotel is already booked for the next trip!

ShaeSienna-34Blog

Thanks again to all of our family and friends, near and far, who have supported our journey to and back for Sienna Grace. This dedication day was very special for our family! And, we are grateful to share our love for this child and for the way God brought her to us with you!

Cake-9Blog

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are

walking in the truth." ~3John 1:4




14 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

A most beautiful day!!! I look forward to the day we dedicate SJ! What a blessing these precious girls are to our families!!! Love all your pictures and SO happy for you all!
blessings!

Stefanie said...

What a SPECIAL day!! And you captured it so beautifully, Diana! Clearly, she is surrounded by LOVE :)
May you always walk alongside your Heavenly Father, sweet Sienna!!

the meaklims said...

Beautiful...I have no other words.

Jill

snekcip said...

I love the prayers that accompanied this post. I can't express enough how beautiful the story is about this friendship!

Kristi said...

Diana,

I love this post.

Kristi

Teresa said...

What a very special day!!! It is very obvious Sienna is home with her family exactly where God intended for her to be!!

Kelly said...

I have been following your blog since you left to bring your precious daughter home. I found it while researching our own adoption. I must say, I was moved to tears reading this post. It is like watching the Gospel message played out before us. Simply beautiful. I also had to smile as I am in CBS which is similar to BSF and my small group is covering our precious daughter in prayer as well:) Love those prayer warriors in our lives!

Thanks so much for your willingness to share your family with the blogging world:)

In Him,
Kelly

Anonymous said...

God bless you guys!!!

God Bless Sienna Grace!!!

Ashley

3 Peanuts said...

Di,
Sounds and looks like a beautiful day. I wish SO much that I was there!!!! I thought of y'all all day long and prayed for you too.


Your family is such an inspiration to so many,


Love,
Kim

TanyaLea said...

YES!! I was waiting for this post ...and it's as BEAUTIFUL as I KNEW it would be!! :)

What a truly wonderful and special day. You did a great job capturing it for her. I'm sure this will always be a special time for Sienna to reflect back upon when she is older. May God richly bless you as you continue to raise up your daughter(s) in the way she should go!!

God bless you, dear friend. And God bless you, Sweet Sienna Grace!! <><

love and hugs,
~ Tanya

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What an amazing day to celebrate such a beautiful little girl!! Everyone looks gorgeous and you captured the day perfectly Diana!

Sienna's story is one of the most incredible stories I have ever heard. It was definitely a match made in heaven!

Hugs to you my friend. Hope you are doing well.... I see you are still rockin that camera:)

xoxo,

Lisa

Big Happy Family said...

What a very special day! I love the picture of Sienna with her Mom and Dad.
Blessings to you Sienna. You are such a special little girl.

Linda said...

Beautiful post and pictures. What a blessed day!

Amy said...

Beautiful Day...

Beautiful Daughter...

Beautiful Family...

AWESOME GOD!

With Love and Prayers and JOY!...

(((and Hugs!))),
Amy

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive