Wednesday, September 14, 2011

We are Thankful!


Emme's Pre-School Verse is so fitting today!

"I praise you because of the wonderful way your created me.
Everything you do is marvelous!" ~Psalm 139:14

untitled-5450-2Edit

Today, Emme Jade has been home one month!!!! She has done so well.. We are truly amazed and so very very thankful!! And, so darn proud of her! We have watched for the red flags... But, so far she is thriving.. She is attaching so well! She will not go to anyone unless it is one of us to be held... (Unless it is Aunt Bop with frosting!) She gives the best hugs, and kisses, and she loves to cuddle... Clearly, Emme learned these behaviors in Yangzhou.. They loved her, so they could let her go... We will always be grateful for that!

Over the weekend, we saw the switch flip in Emme's language.. We had a birthday party here for Aunt Bop and another friend of ours.. Clearly Emme loves parties!!! She was talking non- stop to my sister in Chinese.. She was so animated it was adorable to watch!! And, she hasn't stopped talking since! She is also starting to understand a lot of what we say to her.. Yesterday I asked her to get a diaper out of my purse, and she walked over and got it! She is repeating words and saying a few short sentences. My favorite is, "Mama... where are you!?" She also said "happy" yesterday!

As for school.. She will go back to pre-school this morning. My guess is she will be excited.. She pulled out her school bag to show everyone at the party! And, she grabbed it when we were going to church on Sunday!!

Tuesday, we went to BSF.. Again, I wasn't sure if we would stay.. But, the minute she saw her classroom (and her nametag) she hugged me and said "bye bye!" She ran into play and blew me a kiss!!!! This child melts my heart! When I came down the hall to pick her up I heard her talking up a storm in Chinese. She was playing in the kitchen! :)

To keep it real, Emme Jade IS just three!!! She is no push over. If she doesn't get her way we hear about it... Those pigtails are pretty cute when she is stomping her tiny feet!!!! But, overall Emme is tender and sweet... She has traveled great distances in a very short time! We are very thankful that God called us back to China for #4.. She is one joy filled little girl!

untitled-5442Lullaby

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11


7 comments:

jennifer said...

Oh, do I love that little girl!! I just wish I could get my hands on her!!! She is absolutely precious. How fun to see her thriving and loving her new family!!

Love you,
Jen

Paige said...

I just love this sweet girl, what I would give to see her stomp those little feet of hers, I bet it is hard not to laugh!!

3 Peanuts said...

I too wish I could get my hands on her!!!!! She is as cute as a BUTTON!!! I am absolutely thrilled that she is settling in so well. It is interesting how one never really knows how each child's transition will be. It is not something you can prepare for. And even with all the prayers, they all go differently.

The Harlicka Family said...

I am so thrilled that Emme is doing so well! She is seriously a cutie pie! I mean, how could you not smile looking at that sweet little face, even when she is not a happy camper?!? :) Make sure you get her on video while she's still telling "stories" in Chinese!!! Those are Chloe's favorite videos to watch of herself when we were in China and she was just rattling away telling us I'm sure some of the best stuff ever and using her hands like a little old lady! Priceless! She still knows how to tell a great story, only in English and definitely still uses those hands to get her point across! :) We are just so happy for you guys! Much love!
Kendall

Sue said...

Diana,

So happy to hear the news of how well Emme is doing. She is just a doll! Another Yang beauty!

Wendy said...

Emme Jade sounds like she is absolutely thriving; I'm thrilled for her and for you. As Kim says, you never know exactly how it will go and it is such an amazing gift when the issues are few. Hoping that the news from the cardiologist was every bit as positive!!!

Jane Klingenberg said...

Oh, Diana. I am so blessed to read each post about beautiful Emme Jade. I have never followed anyone's blog from pre-China to travel to back-home before. It is amazing to read about Emme's adjustment to life at home with her family. Thank you for continuing to share about life at home with her, and Ainsley, Sienna and Ruby, too.

My daughter, Sadie, was just looking at the post with me. She asked me if you were a Christian family. I said yes and she asked, "How can you tell"? Diana, your faith in every day life is so evident. It was easy to share with Sadie how I knew that you are a Christian! :)

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive